Chateau Impney

TimeoutQueen's Profile Photo

“Film set? Dream? or horror movie?? Needs TLC

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on September 7, 2011

The only hotel I have ever stayed in since the 80s were there is no quilt, only old stiff sheets and old fashioned grandmas blankets!

In the room the lack of internet access and lack of plug sockets to charge my phone etc,

The accommodation was way below what you'd expect of any hotel. Our room was extremely small 9ft-13ft looked like something out of Fawlty Towers, awful florescent stripe lighting around the edge of the room as there is no actual ceiling light. You could say that once you'd got your things in the room, there was no space for me to put a second case.

Out of date furnishing, no drinking glasses in the room, the most out dated TV I have ever seen since my parents first bought their first colour tv, with just 4 channels that worked as Five does not work. The bathroom is one I remember my Mom being proud of in 1969 Powder Pink tiles and bathroom suite. The walls are also paper then, we had to endure the man next door snoring all night... One redeeming feature you certainly couldn't fault the cleanliness of the rooms.

The shameful thing is that the hotel is a good looking building (although shabby in areas)
This hotel is just waiting to be bought up by some big chain....

We also had booked our evening meal which was in the 'Jason`s Carvery' which had a lovely cosy pub feel where there were several alcoves, For starters we ordered the Egg Mayonnaise, Ok for what it is. I didn't risk eating more than a mouthful of what I'd been served on my plate for main course of Asparagus Crepes, stodgy thick and oily plastered in cheese to hide the fact the young chef had no idea how to cook crepes, and as for the Asparagus over cooked and chewy. We're not culinary judges, my husband and I, but the result was pretty convincing bloody awful, you can afford to eat elsewhere or just avoid the Crepes!

Unique Quality: My husband thought the roast and vegetables were just about passable..
On the other hand the staff were polite and always willing to help. Working under exterem conditions on minimum wage.

Nearby Chateau Impney

• Restaurant
  • Room Service
  • Free Parking

Droitwich Travel Forum

Need advice about Droitwich, United Kingdom? Visit the Travel Forum for Droitwich and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Droitwich hotel reviews