Chateau Impney

Expedia.com Hotels.com Agoda.com

Satisfaction Average

• TimeoutQueen's Profile Photo

“Film set? Dream? or horror movie?? Needs TLC

The only hotel I have ever stayed in since the 80s were there is no quilt, only old stiff sheets and old fashioned grandmas blankets!

In the room the lack of internet access and lack of plug sockets to charge my phone etc,

The accommodation was way below what you'd expect of any hotel. Our room was extremely small 9ft-13ft looked like something out of Fawlty Towers, awful florescent stripe lighting around the edge of the room as there is no actual ceiling light. You could say that once you'd got your things in the room, there was no space for me to put a second case.

Out of date furnishing, no drinking glasses in the room, the most out dated TV I have ever seen since my parents first bought their first colour tv, with just 4 channels that worked as Five does not work. The bathroom is one I remember my Mom being proud of in 1969 Powder Pink tiles and bathroom suite. The walls are also paper then, we had to endure the man next door snoring all night... One redeeming feature you certainly couldn't fault the cleanliness of the rooms.

The shameful thing is that the hotel is a good looking building (although shabby in areas)
    This hotel is just waiting to be bought up by some big chain....

We also had booked our evening meal which was in the 'Jason`s Carvery' which had a lovely cosy pub feel where there were several alcoves, For starters we ordered the Egg Mayonnaise, Ok for what it is. I didn't risk eating more than a mouthful of what I'd been served on my plate for main course of Asparagus Crepes, stodgy thick and oily plastered in cheese to hide the fact the young chef had no idea how to cook crepes, and as for the Asparagus over cooked and chewy. We're not culinary judges, my husband and I, but the result was pretty convincing bloody awful, you can afford to eat elsewhere or just avoid the Crepes!

Unique Quality: My husband thought the roast and vegetables were just about passable..
    On the other hand the staff were polite and always willing to help. Working under exterem conditions on minimum wage.

More about Chateau Impney

Sleeping in an old stately home!

by Roeffie about The Chateau Impney

Very beautiful hotel in nice landscape. Very good food in an traditional English atmosphere.

The Chateau ImpneyThe Chateau Impney

Shady side of a bridgeShady side of a bridge

Entrance to the Drotwich tunnelEntrance to the Drotwich tunnel

Boat named "Alternative" in WorcesterBoat named "Alternative" in Worcester

Travel Tips for Droitwich

End of the trip - Sunday July 28, 2002

by grandmaR

We stopped at Tibberton again and had lunch on the boat, and took naps. (Below)

Then we proceeded to Dunhampstead so that our grandson could drive back to their house with his dad so he could go to camp and his father could go to work in the morning.

We tried to fill up with water (top), but the sign said there was a charge.

Actually according to the hire boat guy, the sign was wrong, and we could have gotten water without paying because it was the hire boat company's water point.

We moored in the hire company basin (last picture), and unloaded stuff.

After Bob wandered around and looked at the spray booth and the new boat they were building there, we went and had dinner.

After we got back to the boat another couple with two teen age boys came in and moored next to us. They had the boat for a week and had done the whole ring up through Birmingham. They said it was nice except for the Wolverhampton part when some boys made rude remarks like they were going to break in a steal stuff off the boat (the TV) and asking them for a ride etc.

In the directions that came with the boat (in case we forgot something) it said in that case to take their pictures (which I probably would have done anyway - I came back from this two week trip (the whole trip not just this weekend) with 26 floppies of digital pictures (between 6 and 20 per disk) and 12 rolls of film). This particular day, since it was bright and sunny, I took a LOT of pictures

On our way home we had a less salubrious stop at Bourton on the Water

Comments