Holywell Road, Malvern Wells, WR14 4LG, GB

Travel Tips for Malvern Wells

If You Visit England - Visit Malvern

by hotlipz

"A truly English idyll"

It's funny when I think about it, dog showing has taken to me to places in England that I honestly dont think I would have ever visited had it not been for the showground. Malvern is one such place or Malvern Wells or Great Malvern. There are approximately four major championship shows for my breed in Malvern each year - in fact the summer season kicks off there so I see this place through the seasons. The showground is in the village of Hanely Swan and in the shadows of the famous Malvern Hills. Words cannot explain how beautiful this place is. The village's are quaint and essentially English and the hills are awesome and take up most of the skyline. You can see people walking along the top of the hills and they look like ants!

Malvern is about 2 hours in the car from London and on the border of Herefordshire, Worcestershire and Gloustershire hence the name of the show ground - Three Counties Showground. As well as dog shows there are a number of agricultural shows as well as horticulture, antique and vintage cars shows.

Malverns claim to fame apart from it's natural spring are Edwars Elgar the composer and Geroge Bernard Shaw who founded the famous theatre in the town.

Check out this website for more infromation about this area http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://www.cotswolds.info/images/malverns/malvern_hills.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.cotswolds.info/worcestershire/the-malverns.shtml&h=256&w=400&sz=30&hl=en&sig2=fAf6-RJJKGtAyQvdzKe0Iw&start=10&tbnid=GbJfDf2xSArwBM:&tbnh=79&tbnw=124&ei=V5XTRan8OsDkwQG88YixDw&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dmalvern%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3Den%26rlz%3D1B2GGGL_enGB176GB176%26sa%3DN

Three Counties Show Miscelaneous Attractions

by DUNK67

"Hawk"

"Ferrari 360M"

On show was this beautiful beast, how I would have loved to have had a go in it. I only got the one pic as it was raining, we did go back but it had gone by the time we got there. Maybe onee day I`ll be able to afford one.

Comments