The Borough, Farnham, Surrey GU9

Satisfaction Average

Costs 27% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• lilybarlean's Profile Photo

Worth A Visit

Stayed here for 2 nights in August 2006. We had booked 1 twin room and 1 double room. Twin room cost £85 and the double £71. On approaching my heart sank as it did not look like the photo's I had seen on the internet. Turns out the photo's that are used are of the back entrance and are much nicer! We arrived early and the very friendly receptionist stored our luggage for us while we went exploring.
    When we returned our rooms were ready. Very comfortable rooms with a view on to the courtyard. No minibar but 2 complimentary bottles of water and tea making facilities were present. The weather was very hot and we were lucky enough to have a fan in our wardrobe which we made full use of. Nice little touches including having my newspaper delivered to my door in the morning. The hotel has a small bar and a separate lounge where you can order snacks throughout the day. It also has a nice cobbled patio where you can have a drink/meal in the good weather. There is a conference centre attached also. Breakfast was very good and was included in our room rate otherwise we would have had to pay £15.95 (I think!). The only downside was the evening meal we had. We were unlucky enough to be there when there was a conference on and about 20 people attending the conference were eating there that night. We wanted the a la carte menu but were told they were changing the menu and only the set menu was available. They did allow us to just order a main course from it though to be fair. The food was poor. One very tough lamb shank, one indescribable dry rice dish and one very salty salmon fillet! Serving staff were very nice though! I got the feeling that if the conference crowd had not been there the food would have been better. Some of them were having problems too! We ate out the following evening!

Very friendly staff and very clean hotel. An oasis of quite in a busy little town. Apart from the evening meal we were very pleased with our stay.

Comments