Church Road - Bldg A, Flitwick, MK45 1AE, GB
Menzies Stourport Manor
Hotels.com Expedia.com Booking.com

More about Menzies Flitwick Manor Hotel - Nr Woburn

Best Yet!

Well after reading such awful reviews i was very cautious about staying at the hotel, but my stay there was well worth the money and i would DEFINATELY recommend a stay at Stourport Manor!

The staff were polite, patient and attending to every need and the rooms were pristine. The food was gorgeous and the service couldnt get much better!!

The leisure centre was also pristine and i visited it every day. Compared to some of the hotels i have stayed in Stourport Manor was the best yet.

I dont know what hotels the people writing bad reviews stayed at, but it definately wasnt Stourport Manor. Gorgeous Hotel, Gorgeous Setting, Gorgeous Countryside, Simply the Best!!

In neeed of some refurbishment, but otherwise OK.

by TripAdvisor Member Bollinge

Reading the previous reviews, it was with some trepidation that we arrived at Stourport Manor.

However, the receptionist was very friendly, and apart from a blown light bulb and faint lines on the TV, the room was OK, and of a 3/4 star standard. The bed was a bit springy, with what seemed like a cheap mattress.

The leisure centre is quite nice, but the pool is a bit shallow - the sign claims 4'6", but I think that's a bit optimistic. Maybe I've shrunk!

Breakfast in the conservatory of the restaurant was quite pleasant. All the staff were smart and efficient.

The carpets in the hallways have seen better days, and the whole place could do with a refit. However we have stayed in far, far, worse places.

We paid a weekend rate of £75 for B & B., by booking through central reservations. The hotel quoted £115 for the same.

we couldn't ask for better

recently my boyfriend and i stayed at this hotel. we were planning a very special weekend away and after booking we came across the reviews and were somewhat disturbed by the comments left and began to wonder if we should just cut our loses and cancel. we decided to continue with our plans and had the BEST weekend possible. the staff were great, friendly/helpful/enthusiastic and even went out of their way to help us celebrate (unable to celebrate at the time we were having the weekend away to celebrate christmas) bringing us crackers, mince pies and a full turkey dinner, without prior request.
We couldn't have been happier with the hotel and its facilities and would definately recommend this hotel to anyone planning a trip to the worcestershire countryside.

Good stay

I stayed at this hotel with my husband and small children, i found the hotel to be average and the restaurant food very nice. Staff were helpful and friendly (some more than others) and the surrounding grounds peaceful and picturesque.
The pool at the waves leisure center which is part of the hotel, was ideal for the children, but the best part of my stay was when my husband treated me to a full body aromatherapy massage, 1 hour and thirty minutes of total bliss! followed by a pedicure.
The therapist (Nicki) was very polite and made me feel at ease. Overall an enjoyable stay was had by all.

Don't bother

The service was non existent, food was well below par. The male duty manager was rude to the point of being obnoxious, and didn't seem to know what he was doing. The room was a tad grotty, not 4* accomodation at all. Was glad to leave!

Not bad

Quite an attractive hotel and grounds. I would say that it is a good three star - not sure about 4 star. The grounds are lovely. The room was clean. The hook on the back of the bathroom door fell off when I tried to hang something on it but otherwise the room was fine. The hotel was practically empty but when someone did move into the room next door I realised that it could potentially be very noisy when full. The staff in general were polite and helpful and the food was quite good. I asked for an ironing board and it arrived very quickly and I also asked for a jug of water for the room whilst in the lounge area and they were very obliging.

The Waves Leisure area was quite nice for a hotel leisure centre. I don't think I would like it if it was busy but that is probably the same everywhere. My only gripe was that I burned my calf on the steam outlet in the steam room which hurt quite a bit. There was a notice on the outside of the door to the effect that the steam outlet was low, but once in the steam room, in which you can't see very well anyway, you tend to forget about it (or at least I did).

All in all, for £94 per room per night including dinner and breakfast I didn't think it was bad.

Deserves a better reputation

Having booked this hotel before reading the reviews I approached this weekend with some trepidation! I need not have worried; we found the staff without exception, extremely efficient, cheerful and eager to help. I would even venture to suggest that this hotel's main strength is in the quality of its staff.

The bedroom was comfortable, attractive and appeared to be newly decorated. The bathroom was pristine with a powerful shower and plenty of hot water. Service in the restaurant was quick and efficient. In my opinion, food from the Table d'hote menu was of an average standard for a hotel in this category and food on the A la carte menu above standard. Breakfast was on the whole better than average but both the tea and coffee were rather poor.

The leisure complex size was on a par with other hotels I have visited but again was very clean and staff helpful and friendly.

The grounds were attractive and well maintained there was ample parking space. The hotel is well situated to visit many local attractions in the area.

The cost of the weekend break was very reasonable my only complaint is the mark up on the wines in the restaurant. Bring down the prices a little and people will be tempted to venture further than the house red!

Beware: you WILL be disapointed!

Well, where do I start? This hotel was the worst I have ever stayed at! I paid, in my opinion, an over the odds price for a mouldy, damp, mildewed room. I found the food in the restaurant totally unpalatable, and the food in the bar was no better than a tesco value ready meal. In all honesty, the staff weren't too bad, if the word "bad" means totally unattentive, sour and completely incompetent. The gas men which invaded the hotel on a daily basis topped off an already horrible holiday. They were, however, treated better than us. It was a complete rip off and I beg of the general public to avoid this public health monstrosity at all cost!

Not bad - not great!

by TripAdvisor Member SJE1

My wife and I stayed on a sunday night. Overall the stay was good value - £80 per room including dinner and breakfast. I would agree with a previous review that the hotel was of a good three star standard. The room was a good size and had recently been refurbished except there was a slightly damp and musty smell from the carpets. The quality of the mattress on the bed was appalling and badly needed changing.The leisure club was pleasant and clean.
The inclusive dinner was Ok but not inspiring. The menu was limited and vegetarian options non existent unless you pay a supplement.
Breakfast was Ok - there was a generous continental buffet and the hot food served at the table. The two staff on duty kept disappearing and had very limited service experience - orders taken wrong, no sauces offered and poor plate clearing technique.
Overall not bad but had I paid any more, I would of been very disappointed!

4 star hotel! maybe out of 100!

by TripAdvisor Member Karlalou

I don't really know where to start but the title of the review really says it all. This is most definitely not a 4 star hotel in ANY department. The sort of prices being charged for a room suggest that this would be a top notch establishment? Very poor. From the moment you enter, you can start deducting marks from 100. Staff were very offhand and looked like they couldn't be bothered living let alone providing good customer service. The room was alright but there was no such thing as hot water - warm at best. The food was on a few occassions little short of a health hazard with partially cooked chicken breast, mouldy bread in a club sandwich and bits of plastic in a cheesecake! The leisure facilities were reasonable although the pool bottom was rather slimey. The rest of the building had a damp smell and the corridor to the health club just smelt of something decaying. Overall, I cannot for the life of me understand how this dump got 4 stars for anything. I reckon it must have been out of 100?! Get a bed and breakfast and eat out, it'll cost you less!

Comments