1009 Massey Rd., Grafton, K0K 2G0, Canada
Booking.com Priceline.com

More about Ste. Anne's Spa

Can't wait to go back....

by TripAdvisor Member Denise0955

What an amazing experience. This was my 4th time at St. Anne's. It was a surprise birthday gift from my husband. Seven of my girlfriends and my daughter, who planned the surprise trip stay at St. Anne's.

We stayed at the Sentosa and it began on Friday with a delicious meal prepared just for us at our cabin by Chef Lynn. There was so much to do, spa services; yoga in the pool; hiking; meditation; swim in the pool and some just read under a tree and took in the beautiful scenery, flowers and listened the birds. It was an amazing time...filled with laughter, relaxation and good friends.

We all left with smiles on our faces and planning our next trip to St. Anne's.
Denise Harris
Novi, Michigan

Day of Heaven

by TripAdvisor Member torontofriend

I am getting married in three weeks and decided to take my mom to St. Anne's on their day spa package. I had always heard about St. Anne's and finally could afford to go.
We got there at 9:00am and were greeted by a cute black dog that apparently has nothing to do with the spa and lives across the street. He was so friendly and we love dogs so we knew it was going to be a great day.

Reception was easy and friendly and they gave us a quick tour and our itinerary for the day. They were very accomodating as we wanted to change out of one excercise class and go to a different one.

After we had our tour we tried out the eucalyptus steam room. I have to say it was a highlight for me, especially because I have an awful cough. It is a wet sauna and it was amazing. I kept going back throughout the day.
We also loved the grottos, the plunge pool, jacuzzi and current pool.

Our first treatment was the eucaplyptus body wrap. Now I have to say that my mom loved it but I wouldn't do it again. They put very hot towels on you and then wrap you up and it is very hot.

Lunch and tea were great. the quasedillas were amazing.

The grounds are beautiful and we spent a lot of time by the pool. My mom relaxed by the hammock.

Our second treatment (which we paid extra for) was the Swedish massage for me. I loved it and would do it again. My mom had the aroma therapy massage.

We loved our day and didn't want to leave. The Aveda products they use are great.
I can't say enough about how great our day was. Really it was one of the best days I have had.

You get used to everyone walking around in their robe. we are going to make this an annual event and I look forward to going back next year.

I highly recommend it. Save up for it and do it.

Great Spa!

by TripAdvisor Member aquamist

My husband and I got a gift certicate for our anniversary from our in-laws to St. Anne's. They've been there a few times and raved about it. We didn't know what to expect but St. Anne's exceeded our expectations! My husband is usually uncomfortable in a spa environment but found the place well-organized and the staff friendly. He especially loved the cucumber and lemon water. The treatments were great and the atmosphere fantastic! I recommend getting a massage out in the gazebos if the weather is warm enough. We only spent the day there but we would definitely go back and spend the night. After our treatments we were exhausted and wished we could've stayed at the inn and relax. We highly recommend St. Anne's and would go back soon!

pleasantly surprised

by TripAdvisor Member honni

I went to Ste. Anne's day spa with my mother for the first time. I was put at ease about washing my hair that morning by the lovely lady that greeted us in reception and told me that I didn't have to wash my hair because leaving the oils in the hair was good for it, and she said, it's called "spa hair" at this place. She made me feel relaxed from the start of the visit.

We each had three spa treaments scheduled, so we had to keep track of time not to miss our appointments.

I wasn't expecting too much from the express facial because of the name itself. However, the facial included a foot massage and my face looked healthier and had a glow afterwards. Also, mom, who's in her seventies and has osteoarthritis, returned from the Eucalyptus body wrap looking years younger and feeling much better.

The day spa included lunch, and the menu is available on the ste. anne's web site. For lunch, we had carrott soup of the day, quesadillas, and chocolate grand marnier cake, beverages, and latte. I wouldn't say that it was the best meal that I've ever had, but it was sufficient. Mom reminded me that they don't want to make anyone feel sick from food, so next time, I would probably choose the salmon.

In the afternooon, mom had the essential oil scalp treatment. In addition to curing her itchy scalp, her hair felt soft and manageable for the first time ever. She loved the scalp treatment.

Meanwhile, I had the hand therapy treatment. My nails still look shiny event though I'm not wearing any nail polish days after this treament, and you get to keep the dry exfoliating glove, file and buffer. I would like to add that the lady who performed the hand treatment has the softest hands that I have ever touched.

The afternoon tea was exquisite with a buffet selection of tarts, biscuits, cheese, crackers, fruit, biscuits, scones, jam, etc. Best of all you get to choose your tea. I especially enjoyed the wedding tea and dragon rose jasmine tea, and I bought some to enjoy at home.

We finished our day with a couples swedish massage. Although we were the final appointment for the two masseusses, they did an outstanding job. I didn't know whether I would like the couples massage with my mom, but I found out that with two more women in the room we had more laughs and an enjoyable massage.

On a final note, the staff if extremely customer attentive, but a little slow at the reception cashier, so allow extra time to finalize payment.

Service Lacking for a 5 Star

by TripAdvisor Member harvman

My wife and I stayed overnight at this Spa Resort for the 3rd time now - most recently over the Canadian Thanksgiving weekend - and let me preface this review by stating that our standards are very high. That's not so much due to our discerning tastes and attitude as it is to our previous experiences here and simply the cost to stay overnight. At approximately $1000 CDN for an overnight stay for two (including all meals and two treatments), we believe we have a right to expect only the best in service.

The Resort:

It is a wonderful piece of property with walking trails, gorgeous undisturbed views from the hills looking south and unique, charming accommodations. The rooms are all named - no room numbers here - like "The Parlour Room" or "Canopy Room". Having stayed in 3 different rooms now I can say each has its own unique character - fireplaces, high beds, jacuzzi tubs, etc etc. There are no TV's here - but not missed over our stay for sure.

The Spa

My wife enjoyed her treatments - though she would prefer a woman for her massage - be sure to request that if it is an issue for you. The man she had was completely professional, but she could not get comfortable and relax - so it was not as enjoyable for her as in previous visits.

The steam room and hot tub, plunge pool, etc were all great - love the Eucalyptus smell in the steam room. I felt both the steam room and the hot tub could have been 'hotter' - but to each their own. I found the steam room in the mens' locker room to be much more intense from a heat perspective - but minus the eucalyptus aroma - and of course you can't have your wife with you there.

The showers in the locker room are awesome - these huge rain shower heads dropping a ton of water on you....very relaxing.

The Food

With four planned 'meals' in a 24 hour period, there is never much time between eating - the key is to eat small, as each sitting has some great options. There are a few choices available at breakfast, lunch and dinner. The specials seem like a great way to go - at least while we were there. Afternoon tea is the 'extra' meal - and a favourite. Lots of home-baked goods and fresh breads - along with a great variety of teas and coffees. Most 'diners' sit in the dining room in their Ste Anne's issued terry robes, overlooking the valley on the property and sipping tee. Diners wore a mix of robes and nicer attire for dinner - and remember, there is no liquor for sale on the premises, but you can bring your own wine to dinner (or in your room) and they will provide the glasses and the pouring service.

The Service

This is the area where my wife and I feel the resort let us down. We still had a nice time and enjoyed ourselves, but again, when you are paying $1000 for a single nights' stay, your expectations are at the highest level - and I believe this is what they are strving for - and for this visit, they missed the mark.

For the most part, these were 'small' things, but either repeated or when taken together eventually become disappointing enough to taint the experience.

The greatest disappointment was probably the check-in experience. We understand that the rooms aren't guaranteed until 4:00 pm, but given you must check out at 12:00 pm, and there aren't that many rooms, 4:00 pm seems excessive. More to the point however, my wife and I came in on the train - and were picked up by Ste Anne's staff at the train station. They had our complete itinerary for the day - yet didn't seem to use this information to 'prioritize' room availability - as guests who arrived well after we did received their rooms before we were able to. They did provide us with day lockers, and some of the day-visitor bath robes (a thin waffle material versus the chunky terry robes located in the rooms for your use - (Suggestion here: Give your overnight guests the terry robes even if their room is not yet available). My wife and I wanted to change our clothes, and to have access to our books, etc - so we continued to check back with the front desk for our room. After 2 "not ready yets", my wife proceeded to her first treatment. I read the newspaper in the 'living room' and approached the front desk for a 3rd time at 3:47 pm (as quoted by the front desk). My room was still not ready, and I was asked to return closer to 4:00 pm.

When I returned at 4:05 pm, my room was ready - in fact they acted surprised I hadn't been shown to my room...yet our bags still sat in the foyer. (To be delivered roughly 30 mins later) My issue here isn't so much with the 4:00 pm room-ready time (though I do feel this is excessive) but instead with the notion that I must keep checking back. They provide an itemized itinerary and know generally where you are at all times. Regardless, a true 5 star would have told me they would find me when my room was ready and take me there - so this was a disappointing start to be sure.

Our other service disappointments were minor, but again, when comparing to a 5 star standard and the rates in question, they come up short. Twice the mens' locker room ran out of towels (which made for an embarrassing walk in the near see-through waffle robe to the front desk looking for some), I took the last disposable razor on the afternoon of one day - and they still hadn't been refilled by midday the next. Servers were slow to take drink orders - and no one ever came by for coffee refills at breakfast - I approached the waiter station myself and filled up my cup.

Small items in the 'big picture' sense to be sure - but again, our expectations are very high for this resort - and we expect everything to be perfect - or at least acknowledged and attempted to be. They fell short this time. Both my wife and I decided that an overnight stay here probably isn't worth the expense - but a day trip is great if it's close enough. Enjoy the property and meals, the spa treatments, etc - but reduce your cost significantly.

Ste. Anne's Love Inn!

by TripAdvisor Member WideWorldTraveller

My husband Rob and I visit Ste. Anne's (www.SpaVillage) at least 5 times a year and every time we return with renewed love for absolutely everything about the place! There is a special magic to Ste. Anne's, from the moment you walk in and are greeted by Gary or Marguarette, to the wonderful ambience overlooking Lake Ontario in the dining room, greeted by David or Troy and of course, the food......ahh, the food! Simple, seductive, excellent quality. Kudos to Chef Chris. The fabulous spa treatments are just a small part of the whole package. We love sitting in the spa waiting room, even when we don't have a treatment and read, fall asleep and drink amazing coffee.....Needless to say, we can't wait for our next visit!

Paradise On Earth...

by TripAdvisor Member TraceyGoldie

This is the 6th year that I have returned to Ste. Annes... and we simply had a amazing time. I can't say enough about the extent the staff goes to, to ensure that you stay is everything you hope it would be. The food, staff and facilities are truly 5 star! If you are looking for a place that you will feel energized and rejuvenated - Ste.Annes is the place to go. It truly is paradise on earth!

Absolutely Wonderful

by TripAdvisor Member Superchick2584

Absolutly beautiful! This was my mom and I's second time there. We used to pick a new spa every year to try, but after going to St. Anne's last year we decided not to mess with a great thing. Excellent food, wonderful services. The staff were good and pretty accomodating under strange circumstances. Will definetly be returning next year and for many to come!

A Lovely Day Away Natasha from Ajax, Ontario

by TripAdvisor Member SpaLaLa

My mom and I have enjoyed the Day Spa experience for a second time this summer. Overall, this was an enjoyable day for us.
The setting, in the Haldimand Hills is very picturesque. The grounds, rooms, and facility is kept very nicely. The change rooms are constantly being cleaned and re-filled with product.
I highly recommend the Swedish Massage, and the Moor Mud Treatment. The Eucalyptus steam room, whirlpool , plunge pool etc are awesome! Be wise about your treatment choices, some spa/esthetic services are not above average, and you will regret the price you paid for them.
The staff are very professional, pleasant and for the most part go the extra mile to make you happy and comfortable with your treatments.
The lunch is good, but could always be better, and for sure should be more palatable, especially with an experienced Chef. The afternoon tea is completely lovely. It is buffet style, and should be replenished more often.
Our primary complaint is however with the change room. Having booked the Day Spa on two separate occassions, both times the change room was hopelessly busy (especially after the universal check in). I was constantly jockeying to get into my locker....Very annoying!!! Also, there is ONE bench in the entire change room. Because the lockers are too small, the only place left for your belongings in midst of changing is sometimes the floor! Not nice!! The size of the change room and lockers should be increased, especially with the amount of women booking for the day only. There should also be some way to stagger locker usage so your not always waiting on your neighbour either above or below you to be out of your way.
Having said all this, we will return again. Overall the Day Spa packages are an excellent value. We always come home feeling great, having enjoyed a perfectly lovely day away!

Will Never Return Even if Free

by TripAdvisor Member KellyAnneC

For anyone who has read my reviews, my husband and I enjoy travelling to unique properties such as Ste. Annes. Well, we had our honeymoon at Ste Annes and it was dismal. The only thing I can guess, is that although professionals, at the time, we were young. Maybe they didn't think we were worth the trouble since we wouldn't go back being so young and friendly. Perhaps we should've "put on airs" and demanded our rightful treatment!! This was our HONEYMOON. We booked the most expensive suite, spa treatments, etc. There was a couple in the least expensive room celebrating a wedding anniversary (not a monemental one). They baked them a cake. They did nothing and said nothing to recognize our honeymoon. Then, every single day after promising to get it right, they forgot our breakfast. One day, we wanted to take a steam bath and Jim, the owner, was incredibly rude to us when we asked for some lavender as the lavender that was in the steam room was empty. We even found a dead deer on the walk they recommended on their property and let them know and they looked at us like zombies. Please do not misunderstand, we were incredibly kind, not surely, or rude. As I said before, maybe we should have approached it differently. I filled out a comment card after the fact and nothing! Had we been treated well, we may have gone back every year for our anniversary since it is so close to us, but we will never return nor do we recommend it to friends. In the bigger scope of it all, big deal right? But this is a review and I hope it helps. It is pricey and don't waste your money.

Comments