Stanley Road, Handforth, SK9 3LD, United Kingdom
Agoda.com Expedia.com Booking.com

More about Hallmark Hotel Manchester

Just Average!

by TripAdvisor Member Supremestar2009

I stayed in this hotel for a week and I should say I am not entirely happy. The room that I have been allotted is very cold and after complaining four times they supplied me an electric heater.

Food is not good and very limited choice. I am surprised; there is no choice for the vegetarians at all. Breakfast is good but you have to wait for items to refill. Breakfast is not cheap and fruits are not supplied. I have asked for some fruits and the lady bought one bowl of grape fruit. I prefer Soy milk but not been supplied but after requesting they made sure it will be there for me from the second day onwards. I feel pretty special and happy. Restaurant staff is very polite and clean.

Nothing is better than relaxing in the hotel bar while having a pint of cold beer and watching telly after a long day at work. No sky sports in the bar so I had to go to nearest pub to watch Chelsea vs. Barcelona semi final. Having said that hotel bar is very good and all the staff are very courteous and helpful.

The main reason I have choosen this hotel is for free internet connection in every room. The connection is very very slow even the light weight Google home page took 30 seconds to load. My grand dads dial-up connection is far better than this. I am really disappointed. It is not a Wireless connection in the room as they advertised but they will supply a wire to connect that means you have to sit at one place and can't move your laptop where ever you want. It seems there is a wireless in the hotel bar but I haven't tried so I am not going to comment on that.

I haven't tried Health club or Spa but I am sure that are average like this.

Overall I am not a happy Lodger in Hallmark Hotel Manchester.

Hidden Gem

by TripAdvisor Member DavidP01

I was fortunate enough to stay in this hotel for a friend's birthday and can only describe the experience, throughout, as excellent. The hotel has clearly been recently refurbished, with decor / facilities equal to anything I had experienced in the area and combined a mix of contemporary with absolute comfort. Staff were extremely attentive and the food simply top notch... In summary a real pleasure.

Great family hotel - large family room, excellent facilities with pool.

by TripAdvisor Member farmerswife_9

Very friendly staff, the family room we were given was very large and recently refurbished to a high standard. The hotel is well equipped for families as it has a great pool/spa area. It is also easy to get to Manchester and the M6. Breakfast was excellent.

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

Great hotel, good prices and fab breakfast

by TripAdvisor Member AndrewLeeds

We stayed here for a friends birthday pary in April 09. The hotel has just been refurbished and the room was really nice and had a very comfortable bed.
The leisure club pool was warm and had a nice sun terrace, it was a sun trap so a good place to relax and get a tan.
We had a drink in the bar, the coffee and wine was good, there were lots to choose from and it was quite reasionably priced for a hotel.
One of the best bits about the stay was the breakfast, it was fresh and hot and nicely served.
Great stay and would go back.

Lovely family room - great location.

by TripAdvisor Member snowydrop

We stayed over night at this hotel in April 2009 as we were flying quite early from Manchester Airport to Orlando. The family room was just lovely, very spacious and clean with a king sized bed that was very comfortable.

We used the leisure facilities which were ok - just a little dated. However, the pool was clean and warm with friendly staff on hand.

Overall it was a great hotel for an overnight stay the parking was a little limited but quite safe. We would use this hotel again as it is the best family room we have ever stayed in.

Amazing value for money

by TripAdvisor Member catBournemouth

I stayed at this hotel for a weekend and was pleasantly suprised the staff are very friendly and accomodating, and the rooms are exactly as is shown in the hotel pictures and very clean and comfortable. The breakfast was of a good standard and the restraunt was very clean an allround bargain.
There is also a brilliant pub just over the road where all meals are buy one get one free the food is of a great quality and til 10.00pm.

Pleasant stay

by TripAdvisor Member MaltaGirl2007

I recently attended a wedding at the hotel & stayed overnight. On arriving at the hotel after the church service, everyone wanted to check into their rooms before we had our meal. Unfortunately there was only one girl on reception, so she had her hands full & we had a bit of a wait.

My room was as seen on their website, nice double bed & plazma telly on the wall. It was all very clean & tidy & everything I needed & more. There was a hairdryer, ironing board & iron in the cupboards, which can be usefull.

The wedding reception was very nice & the food was lovely. Some of us stayed up quite late into the night, after the party had finished & the bar staff were prepared to keep the bar open for as long as someone was there.

In the morning breakfast was included & there was a reasonable selection of food, i.e. cereals, toast with a proper toaster but it still took forever to cook & also hot food.

For the limited time I spent at the hotel, I found it to be very pleasant & the staff very friendly.

great for park and fly

by TripAdvisor Member Rita-Pete

Stayed here for one night before flying off to cuba, nice modern clean rooms. nice 2 for 1 pub across the road. everything went as clockwork, early morning call, taxi arrived on time, car was safe for the 2 weeks and on arriving back rang taxi and it arrived promptly . We would recommend this hotel to anybody who wants park and fly. 15 mins to airport.

Whats in a Hallmark.........Quality

by TripAdvisor Member heath

Hi
We have just returned from the above hotel on a 2 night break,and it was stamped with quality throughout.
The theme of the hotel,facilities, food,and staff were superb,we will be back shortly,book and you will not be disappointed.
I think it would appeal to all age groups,and excellent conference facilities which looked second to none.
Ian & Sheila Terry