Hathersage Hotels

• suvanki profile photo suvanki
  • Reviews: 2397

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Thorpe Farm Camping Bunkhouses: Camping Barns on a Dairy Farm

I stayed in one of the bunk houses here a few years ago, for a friends hen weekend. There were about 20 of us, and it was an ideal place, especially as the weather was glorious! A working dairy farm, and Hope Valley Ice Cream is produced and sold here now!

We had rented The Old Shippon, which was spacious and allowed us to crash out in the various dorms -

Adjoining the Shippon is The Byre, which is now separated, but 'noisy groups' have to book both properties for sole use

2 storey building, with dorms upstairs (one dorm sleeping 8, plus 4 on the gallery and One dorm sleeping 4) and downstairs (One dorm sleeping 12. One dorm sleeping 4)

Bunk beds - Pillows and sheet provided - I took a sleeping bag.

Shower room/washroom/toilets on both levels - I remember these were clean, but basic and a bit cold - but the water was hot!

Well stocked kitchen, with large Fridges, ovens and hobs, kettles, toasters etc. We'd taken enough drink to sink a ship, so the large fridge was a welcome sight!

Lounge with plenty of seating and tables. TV ariel - we brought a TV with us.

Washing machine/Drying room.

Outside, stunning views over the valley. Barbecues available, which we made good use of.

A great base for exploring Hathersage and its surrounds. On the Sunday, we all set off on a walk to Castleton, then returned by bus.
A few of us walked into Hathersage to purchase extra supplies.

Camping possible here too, though I'm not sure of the prices.

Rental for The Shippon is £240 per night - so individual cost depends on how many are in your group.

Individuals can book for £10 per night

Photos to follow - as soon as I can find them! ....but the website has good pics of the accommodation!

Stunning scenery

• suvanki profile photo suvanki
  • Reviews: 2397

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Polly's B&B Moor View Cottage: Friendly, comfortable accommodation

Well it's over 10 years since I stayed at Pollys, but I have very happy memories of the times I stayed here. A night or two here and I returned home fully relaxed and refreshed - and a few pounds heavier, due to Polly's delicious and filling breakfasts.

All rooms are en-suite and attractively decorated/furnished, with TV, tea making equipment - some have stunning views.
Pleasant breakfast room and garden.

Just out of Hathersage centre, in a peaceful area.
Parking in front of B&B

Polly is friendly and welcoming, going out of her way to make your stay as comfortable as possible. Good at recommending things to do, places to eat, walks etc.

Breakfast- Home cooked with local ingredients - Full English sets you up for the day!! Vegetarian options too.

Yes, you are made to feel more of a friend than a guest here.
I think it's time that I treated myself to a return stay here!

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Hiking and Walking, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Food and Dining
  • Written April 26, 2011