112-114 Bath Road, Hayes, Middlesex, UB3 5AL, United Kingdom

Costs 28% more than similarly rated 2 star hotels

More about Ibis London Heathrow

Horrible - Worst Hotel I've every experienced

by TripAdvisor Member MAG913

I've been working in the the travel industry and traveling frequently for the last 25 years, and I can say without a doubt, this is the worst dump I have ever been in in my life. Do NOT stay here.

Entire hotel reeks of cigarette smoke. Forget asking for a non-smoking room. The halls are dark and scary, a rat maze comes to mind. I stayed with my 2 children, ages 11 and 6, in a triple room, which was a tiny "rabbit hutch" as someone else mentioned. I wouldn't have minded the cramped size as much if it had been clean, but the carpet was filthy, there were all kinds of dirt and trash under the mattress, hair on the sheets, etc. I asked the manager to come to the room to see the condition. Reluctantly, after 2 phone calls, someone came up, and then said they would send Housekeeping around, but never did. I asked for a different room.....no more triples available. I tried to move to a different hotel but could not find one available.

The restaurant is awful. No one speaks English...I try never to be an ugly American, but in England, I do expect the staff to speak English. I was given a dirty glass at the table. I asked the waitress for a clean glass. She took the glass over to a bar area, wiped it with a dirty rag, and gave it back to me. We could not stay in the restaurant because the cigarette stench was just too bad.

I asked for a wake up call, as we had an early flight to catch. Well, no surprise, no wake up call! Also I asked the hotel to pre-arrange a taxi for our early morning departure to the airport, which they said was no problem. Next morning, when we came down to the lobby (late of course, due to no wake-up call), the "cab" was some guy in an unmarked car, no ID, no taxi markings at all. When I questioned the hotel desk clerk why was this not an official taxi, the reply was, "Oh well, he's okay." Needless to say, we did not get in the car. Luckily we caught the Hoppa bus which was just fine, and barely made our flight.
Don't even worry with a taxi.

Had I known how bad this hotel was prior, I would have been glad to sleep on the floor at Heathrow terminal. Do not waste your money on this disgusting place.

Not the worst hotel I've ever stayed in but.....

by TripAdvisor Member ariane123

OK I confess - this is not the worst hotel I've ever stayed in. It's not even the worst hotel I've ever stayed in at Heathrow Airport but I certainly wouldn't stay here again. First of all, I got a really good price for this hotel, and that was my main incentive. Second, I was relatively impressed by the cleanliness of the reception area. However, I had to give my name to the check in clerk three times before she could find me on 'the system', in spite of the fact that my mother had checked into the same room about two hours earlier and, yes, my mother and I share the same surname. This was the start of my concern. Then there was the lift (no room key needed to operate it so security could be questioned) and (this is, after all, the most important bit), the room. The room was extremely small and it was also extremely hot. Opening the window meant subjecting oneself to noise (more from passing traffic than aeroplanes, it must be said). I didn't notice that the room was dirty, to be honest there was not much floor space to see that wasn't covered by the 2 single beds. But if you were trying to do some last minute sorting of suitcases, the space limitations would have confounded all but a contortionist. One of our two (smallish) trolley cases had to be put in the wardrobe as there was no space to leave it out!

Finally, the food. We only had dinner at the hotel and it was horrible. I tend to think that no one, no matter how determined, can ruin a buffet. Oh yes they can. The vegetables were hardly cooked yet the pasta was so overcooked it was inedible. Even the potatoes crumbled on contact with a fork. The real annoyance was that everything was 'pay as you go' so no running up a room tab. If I'd have known this, I wouldn't have stayed there.

a few problems

by TripAdvisor Member kenny.logan

We stayed here one night after returning from Greece and before heading north. Nice reception staff and public areas but the bedroom was tiny and cramped.

Clean it was, and fresh but so small it felt like a cupboard. Tea and coffee making facilities were appreciated though. One thing that was very annoying was the level of corridor noise. Hardly slept a wink that one and only night. They need to upgrade soundproofing of doors or install thicker ones.

Breakfast was a bit chaotic but that was due to what seemed a very large number of guests deciding to eat at the same time. The staff gave the impression of not being able to cope. Checkout was also a bit of a struggle with only a few staff members trying to work through a lot of people arriving or leaving at the same time.

Kenny
(kenny.logan@yahoo.com.au)

Ibis was Great

by TripAdvisor Member Shanklin

Have stayed in this hotel twice at the weekends while waiting for flights from Heathrow. This hotel is clean staff are friendly and it is in an excellent location to Heathrow airport so absolutly ideal for catching an early morning flight from or arriving to late at night.
This hotel is excellent value for money and we would highly reccommene it to other travellers

Small Rooms

by TripAdvisor Member chrisbath

For a cheap room around heathrow it is okay.

However, the rooms are very small, almost prison cell like with very small windows.

The walls are paper thin, you can almost hear next door brushing their hair and the beds are hard but suprisingly comfortable.

There are better hotels in heathrow to stay at such as the Holiday Inn Sipson Way

Comments