Scures HillNately Scures, Hook, Hampshire, RG27 9J
Booking.com Hotels.com Travelocity

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 30% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Basingstoke Country Hotel

trying to be what its not

by TripAdvisor Member baggytrousers

the hotel is a bit tatty room needed dusting and cleaning properly the food is not up to much everything was very over cooked and quite tasteless. the bar prices are astrinomical ,
but the staff are friendly however i would not recomend this hotel.

Not 4 Star!

by TripAdvisor Member Skylord

Advertised as a four star but travellers beware. Hotel is tired, overpriced for what it is (a 3 star really), restaurant food quality is extremely sub standard and their much hailed fitness centre is cramped and soulless. On the plus side, the staff are friendly enough but fighting a losing battle with a woeful hotel. All I got was a meek smile when I suggested £14 was an extortionate price for two Weetabix. (All that seemed edible during breakfast). Hotel is easy to find, but that may be a bad thing!

OK, but not 4 Star

by TripAdvisor Member AllGreen

I stayed for 2 nights in August - the rooms are OK, if a little on the small side, with most of the space taken up by the bed. The A/C was efficient, the iron & board were handy and everything else in the room worked.

Probably the best thing about the hotel is it's location - situated in woodlands, a walk around the ground on a nice day can be a pleasant distraction. There is a well laid out courtyard in the centre of the hotel and a well equipped fitness centre and pool.

I eat in the restaurant both nights - the food was OK, without being outstanding and was reasonably priced. A plus point is that the breakfast is cooked to order, but unfortunately the staff are not exactly efficient, to the extent that I never even got my breakfast on my last day there.

It's handy for both Hook and Basingstoke, but given the choice, I don't think that would stay again.

Good Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member lindapinda

Good location, 1 mile from Hook train station. nearby pubs and eateries. The room was a little small and the bathroom needed a refit. The best part was the evening meal which was excellent. Drink prices quite high-£6.00 for a glass of wine. Breakfast also excellent value. ( best value if booked on hotel website in advance.) Well equipt gym and swimming pool.

Quiet location

by TripAdvisor Member vby

Excuse the late review for this hotel, we stayed in October 2007 just for one night for a wedding we were attending near by. We booked in advance via the hotel website and this was probably the lowest rate.
First impressions were good, easy to find, large car park, friendly reception etc. The rooms were okay, not brilliant but fine for our requirements, it was definately very quiet where we were.
Didn;t use ther pool or the gym so cannot comment on those.
Had breakfast in our room which arrived promtly and no complaints food wise.
Would I stay again - I wouldn;t go out of my way to stay there was nothing special enough ot bring me back......however if I needed a hotel in that area again, then yes why not!

Comments