Dogmersfield Park, Chalky Lane, Hook, RG27 8TD , United Kingdom

Costs 122% more than similarly rated 5 star hotels

More about Four Seasons Hampshire

Perfect country retreat in Hampshire

by TripAdvisor Member Helen15

We have just returned from a weekend away with the children in the elegant Four Seasons Hotel in Hampshire. From the minute we arrived and a smartly dressed doorman opened the car door we felt like we were at our home away from home. Impeccable service, beautiful bedrooms, glorious spa and such a brilliant kids club! The children loved having their own cottage in which to play, paint and play games whilst the grown-ups relaxed in the beautiful spa. A highlight is the enormous swimming pool under a conservatory roof which is beautiful.

We plan to return over Easter for some more R&R and I would thoroughly recommend it to you.

Super hotel Great Staff

We also have just returned from a fantastic weeken d break at The Four Seasons in Dogmersfield!We took the kids, they were treated like royalty.

Everything was first class, as good as any Four Seasons Hotel I have stayed in. Dublin, Provence,Paris,Park Lane,

I am a great fan of this chain of hotels.They always have sincere and friendly staff from all over the world.

We had two rooms adjoining, the decor is a bit bland but the bathrooms are beautiful.
The Spa was exceptional, so relaxing, the kids hours were morning and afternoon, which I can understand,you just need to plan around it.atleast my two boys were not annoying any one who was here for a relaxing break.

We went fishing and horse riding the Doorman and Concierge were so friendly and very professional.

They drove us down to the stables and lake in the hotels top of the range Range Rovers.
We caught two Trout, but we were not allowed to bring them back to eat, ( health and safety I suppose!!)

The bar was really cool for a country house hotel not stuffy in any way and the staff were again fantastic.

The restaurant was surprisingly modern, and the food as good as I have had anywhere in London this year.

If you want a short weekend away with or without the kids. this is the place to go....

Great Weekend

This was our second visit to the FS Hampshire. Once again, the service was superb. Had two fantastic dinners in the hotels restaurant and enjoyed using the wonderful pool and steam rooms. My wife had arranged clay pigeon shooting for Saturday afternoon. Brian the instructor was a really great guy and I enjoyed every minute. Left on Sunday morning feeling relaxed and very well fed. Will be booking up for later in the year.

great weekend venue

by TripAdvisor Member crawfc

Had a weekend in March, upgraded to a suite. excellent room, great food in the dining room. Cannot fault the hotel, though we are real Four Seasons fans.

The gym was very good - great cardio equipment, really clean and fresh changing rooms.

Ignore all the stuff about the views - you get power lines every where and few rooms see them.

Best in the Land

by TripAdvisor Member WharfTrader

stayed two nights here over Easter - fantastic hotel - great staff - great facilities - great rooms - great hotel! - the food was excellent, though a bit heavy - but very high quality - they have a very good gym anyway to work it all off! - plus loads of activities as well - the shooting is definitly worth doing - instructors are really friendly and helpful, and great fun as well - i would warn that it may not be an ideal venue for couples, especially if easter weekend is anything to go by - they cater for the kids exceptionally well and they are welcome in all parts of the hotel - if thats a problem then you may want to go 'off season' or when the kids are in school - so don't say you weren't warned! - all in all a great hotel, especially for families - i can't wait to go back

Impeccable!

by TripAdvisor Member al100

Had the pleasuree of staying here for a night and attending a dinner/drinks party in one of the banqueting suites.

This place is impeccable - staff were on-hand, polite, helpful and utterly professional at every conceivable opportunity.

The house is a beautiful country mansion set in acres of countryside with some fine small landscaped gardens.

Rooms are sumptuous as you would expect - wall-to-wall marble in the bathrooms, a bed the size of Hampshire and great attention to detail in the fittings everywhere.

The place is a maze but if you find the bar you will find yourself in a very ambient, understated yet ultra-chic space with a selection of fine drinks and cocktails.

If you're considering staying here, do it, treat yourself.

a small piece of heaven...tucked away in the countryside

by TripAdvisor Member fifthdimension

stayed for 2 wonderful nights, service exceptional the lovliest staff especially james from the dining room -give him a raise he is fantastic.

gorgous location really peaceful and looking onto green fields everywhere with beautiful gardens to stroll thru.

Loved the vitality pool - bubbles everywhere for every area of the body!! even a reflexology bit for your feet to be massaged.

the spa is like heaven with angels walking around ! you get to choose your mood lighting and to smell your oils. I couldve stayed here all day, a fab massage and a float down the hall to the relaxation rooms , a heavenly bed and some relaxing music...and some lovely ginger and lemon tea(complimentory).

The heat experiances are also fab with a amathyst crystal steam room , and a clear quartz crystal steam room and u must also try the rainforest shower!

The food - lovely but very expensive!! lunch at cafe sante cost us around £45 for 2 toasted sanwiches and 2 cups of herbal tea!! oh, and 2 little pastries, maybe the corporate clients dont need to worry about this but we found it a bit too scary too part with this much money for light lunch.

apart from this i can not fault anything or anyone - a haven of pleasure well worth it !

Amazing service, food a letdown

I am struggling with the correct rating for our experience in this hotel, as there are many superlatives but one big drawback. The superlatives, which would rate this lovely hotel as an absolute 5 include impeccable service (and I mean impeccable - and very rare in this country which makes it all the more special), pastoral surroundings, a blissful spa and a lovely room. The downside was the food, which should have been Ramsay in quality, was basically mediocre, overly processed convention fare. We spent our anniversary here, and the hotel upgraded our room and offered us a very lovely glass of champagne on the house to start our meal. This was so kind of them, and typical of the special service you find here. However, at dinner, people around us did return their plates to the kitchen unfinished, and as our dinner was well over £150 we felt it was highly overpriced for the meal we had. It's a real shame as this hotel is a jewel, and deserves so much more. I'm not sure why there is such a disconnect here, but lunch the following day was the same.

Four Seasons, if you are reading this, please do investigate your kitchens here in Dogmersfield - everything else is brilliant, and the hotel deserves to have food as superlative as its staff and surroundings!

country home

by TripAdvisor Member pert2

We stayed mid June. On arrival staff where extremely helpful our room was upgraded due to our anniversary which was a lovely gesture and much appreciated this accompanied with a lovely cake in the room and Chocolates after dinner .
The suite was of very good size clean and bright as I found all of the hotel, I agree with some of the other comments that the grounds are sparse and fairly baron fields it helped that we had very good weather and made good use of the pools. There where not enough sun loungers however I have received a letter telling me they have noted this and have purchased extra.
A lot of the poor feed back seems to due to too many Children we were there out of school term so not overrun the food and service we found to be very good all be it a tad expensive Lunch approx £50 Dinner £150
To summarize in my opinion a very nice clean bright hotel with attentive staff reasonable food maybe should expect slightly better from FS poor grounds if I'm honest I found the spa also disappointing my treatment was cut short with no explanation and in the relaxation room they only supplied water.
However worth a visit if the weather is good for a special occasion

Identity crisis combined with exorbitant prices...not worth it!

by TripAdvisor Member wilrob

Having stayed at a number of Four Seasons properties, we expected more from the Hampshire site -- a lot more. The hotel bills itself as a countryside experience, yet the feel (exacerbated by the staff which was pretentious and smug) was very corporate. It is also reputed to be child-friendly, yet our children were met with restrictions on when they could dine (acceptable, IF THERE WERE ADDITIONAL OPTIONS beyond the main dining room after 7pm), when and where they could swim (2 hour window in the afternoon and not in the whirlpool) and when they could attend kids camp. I can accept that others may not want my children swimming and dining with them, but the hotel needs to provide other options if that is the case (another example: the Kids Camp is only open on the weekend for limited hours and not at all in the evenings).

Worse was the value proposition...I realize that one does not go to the Four Seasons necessarily for value, but the prices were from a different planet. I have paid similar prices in the past (Paris, New York, even Mexico) but felt like I was still getting value. At Hampshire, I did not. I suppose the moment when I realized that the Mercedes McLaren parked in front of the hotel was staged and belonged to (or more likely had been rented by) the hotel, it occurred to me that this Four Seasons was different than any others in which I had stayed. This one is more about showmanship than service...pretentiousness than comfort. I would not recommend it, most especially for families with young children.

Comments