23 Church Road, Horley, RH6 7EY, United Kingdom
Hostelworld.com

More about Gable End Guest House

Best Guest House near Gatwick Airport

by TripAdvisor Member presidio75

We have stayed at Gatwick Gable End Guest House before and knew that we would find very clean rooms, friendly service and a great big breakfast.
It's a five minute walk to a wonderful pub, 'The Six Bells' and also there are plenty of shops and other restaurants within minutes. The owners are great hosts and it's location to Gatwick Airport can't be beat, neither can the price.
Janice and Steve Oliver Huntersville North Carolina USA
March 31, 2007

Idyllic retreat in the lake district

by TripAdvisor Member TracyAWebb

We stayed in this fantastic cottage for a week and it turned out to be a wonderful place to stay. We didnt want to leave. The cottage itself was beautifully furnished and had lovely little touches like bathrobes and whirlpool bath. The views from the garden were breathtaking and the whole small private estate it was on was simply beautiful. The owners were genuine and friendly and we felt so relaxed our whole stay. We will never forget the experience of watching the sun set over Coniston Waters from the garden chairs, whilst sipping wine. If you are visiting the Lake District, this place is a must, its so central and so welcoming. We felt we wanted to spread the word about this wonderful cottage and beautiful area of the UK.

Relaxing Stay

by TripAdvisor Member Yaani

I was on my way to Caribbean and needed a place to stay. I needed a place with wireless, no noise, and a place that would pick me up at the airport and drop me off in the morning. So Mr. Joseph from Gatwick Gable End gave me a lift to the guest house, and I paid 40 sterling to Mary. So the bosses are Joseph and Mary.I had my wireless and all I needed.The room had a nice TV,nice bed.I was really taken care of very well.It's a nice place.So if you are looking for something near the airport,this is a wonderful deal.Especially,if you are tired and need to get to bed fast.In the am Joseph gave me a lift back to the airport.Well,it was a good beginning of my trip.The house from the outside looks small,but inside it's quite a castle.Very spacious.A nice place to stay overnight.Definitely!It might sound pricey!But if you need comfort and you can't afford a restless night, this would be a good option!Their number - [--]

Perfect B&B

by TripAdvisor Member koottrav

We needed a B&B near Gatwick to recover from our long haul flight from British Columbia, Canada. What a treasure we found at Gable End Guest House!!! A quick call from the airport and Joseph was on his way to pick us up. 3 adults and 3 large suitcases! Our rooms were lovely and the pub they recommended for dinner was wonderful. Our full English/Irish breakfast was delicious! And our host & hostess were delightful! Mary & Joseph were very warm, welcoming, and helpful. We will stay here again and highly recommend their accommodation!

Best Gatwick Stopover with parking

by TripAdvisor Member rosieandjamesellis

Absolutely delightful accommodation and service. A very warm Irish welcome. Efficient booking and personal attention to detail by Mary and Joseph. A very short transfer to the airport, provided on time and efficiently, to the airport. Cheap parking and very reasonable accommodation rates. A lovely breakfast after a night in a well-decorated, clean, comfy, quiet room. We thoroughly recommend the comfort and courteous service. We will stay there again when flying from Gatwick. Oh, and the Six Bells pub, a short walk away, has superb setting, lovely food and fair prices. It extended our holiday by a happy day.

What a wonderful surprise!

by TripAdvisor Member Travelhound7

When our plans changed and we learned that we would have to stay overnight near Gatwick Airport we expected a dull evening, in "holding pattern", before our flight home. Instead, after being promptly picked up at the airport, warmly welcomed by Mary and Joe, and given an extremely pleasant and comfortable room, we almost felt like we had a second home! Now, we have memories of laughter, conversation, pleasant local walks and the perfect place to turn "the Gatwick experience" into something to look forward to. Thank you Mary and Joe.

A great start to our holiday in Sicily

by TripAdvisor Member annstearns

An easy booking system. A lovely warm welcome, nice room and very comfortable beds. A quiet location and very near to the airport. An excellent breakfast too. It was great to be able to leave our car safely and be driven to the airport and to be collected on our return. My husband and I thoroughly recommend this B and B accommodation.

Wonderful Bed & Breakfast Close to Gatwick Airport

by TripAdvisor Member NacogdochesMedico

May 13, 2007

We have just returned from a trip to England & Scotland. We stayed at the Gable End Guest House the night of May 4 before our departure home to USA the following day. Mary & Joseph Healy were outstanding hosts. Mary promptly picked up us at the South Terminal of Gatwick (less than 10 minutes from our phone call to them from the courtesy hotel phone at airport); obligingly dropped off my husband at the post office so he could mail pictures in the UK rather than USA to our Scottish friend; showed him how to find the B&B ( easy walk to shops and numerous restaurants, etc..); and Joseph insisted upon carrying our luggage to our lovely room with its numerous amenities including wash cloths, always appreciated by Americans.
The location was perfect, so close to Gatwick & yet quiet & lovely in a charming village setting. The next morning we had a wonderful hot breakfast after which Mary drove us to the airport for our flight. If you look online at hotels & B&B's near Gatwick , you will notice that there is usually a charge for breakfast and a charge for shuttling to & fro the airport. These were complementary services provided along with a reasonably priced room of excellent quality. I can assure you this will be our choice of accommodations from now on when we are flying in & out of Gatwick. Mary & Joseph couldn't have been any more gracious, welcoming, and helpful.

Texas Doctor & Wife

Quiet Village, Near Gatwick, Great Place

by TripAdvisor Member PeachyGrace

Gable End is one of my absolute favourite B&Bs to stay in near London. Mary and Joe always make you feel welcome with their Irish hospitality. The rooms are goodly sized and pleasant. I have stayed here with my sons and on my own, and each time I come I feel as if I'm "home". Gable End is especially good to stay in on your first and/or last day in the UK if you're flying via Gatwick. The landlords
provide transport to and from the airport, so you never have to lug your baggage on the train (as you would if you take the Gatwick Express into town). Joe and Mary also set a tasty and big English breakfast. I heartily recommend Gable End for your travels.

very nice bed and breakfast

by TripAdvisor Member prolook3r

I needed an affordable place to stay for a night and i picked a winner! The friendly, happy owners that went out of their way to make sure i had an enjoyable stay, picked me up at the airport and made sure i was totally happy, which i was.
Directed me into town and advised me to a bar, which was fun and full of banter. I had a fun night.

The breakfast was nice, shame there was no Marmite, remember to bring your own!

If i ever need a place to sleep and im flying from Gatwick, im definately going back.

Comments