Thainstone Aberdeenshire, Inverurie, B51 5NT, GB
Expedia.com Hotels.com Travelocity

Satisfaction Average

Costs 129% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

More about Swallow Thainstone House Hotel

A good old fashioned hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Dolci00

The Thainstone house hotel is a good hotel if you know what to expect. This is not a contemporary, modern hotel but it is a lovely old fashioned manor house. Personally, I loved the quirky features like the beautiful long driveway, separate spiral staircases and the exceptionally high ceilings. The rooms are clean and large enough to comfortably fit a king size double bed. Reception staff are a little slow at checking in and out but always apologetic for the wait. The breakfast was freshly cooked and waiting staff very friendly. For me, room service was the let down - there was not a huge choice and when the food did arrive it was not of high quality. The hotel should consider going back to the traditional food that suits the surroundings. I enjoyed my stay and would go back for business.

Enjoyable

by TripAdvisor Member cauldcoats

Enjoyed a stop over at this hotel. The room (106 I think - see photo) was great but without good views. I am sure other rooms have great views. Anyhow the room was well appointed, large and clean. Hotel bar was great, large roaring log fires and comfy sofas. The bar is small and would have difficulty coping if the place was really busy. The gym is fantastic and the pool was good, although the decor in the pool and the changing areas could really do with a make over. There is even a good full size snooker room that is free (if you can find it!). I'm well impressed with the place and the helpfulness of the staff an have no hesitation in recommending the hotel. The grounds are nice too.

Nice Hotel but needs an update

by TripAdvisor Member ashavor

When you drive up to the Thainstine House, the place looks stunning. It is a bit disappointing when you walk inside. The decor is a bit shabby and dated. The front desk staff was very nice and helpful. Someone even offered to take my small bag to my room.

My room was a standard twin. It was a nice size, but again the decor was very dated. The room was clean and the bathroom looked a lot newer than the bedroom. I was disappointed that my room was supposed to have WIFI, but the connection was too weak to use. There was also no room service.

I was very disappointed in the breakfast. The eggs had steamed until they were as hard as rocks and had a green tinge. The scrambled eggs were very watery. They had obviously set there for a long time.

If I went to Inverurie again, I would probably stay there again because of the staff, but it would be great if they would update the place.

Comments