The Harbour, Kyleakin, IV41 8PL, United Kingdom
Otel.com

More about White Heather Hotel

Such lovely hosts in such a lovely part of the world

We have just returned from the White Heather Hotel only a few days ago and can honestly say this hotel has the best hospitality ever! Gillian and Craig and not forgetting Linda the housekeeper really did a brilliant job by going out of their way to make our holiday. Gillian gave us some great days out with her expert knowledge of the area. What made the holiday for us was being able to take our dog, Spike. Spike loved this as much as us and Linda spoiled him rotten with her shortbreads!! The hotel is very clean and cosy and the breakfasts are delicious. We feel everyone went out of their way to make us feel welcome and would not hesitate in recomending this hotel to anyone. The Isle of Skye has the most beautiful scenery and a bus ride from outside the hotel to the mainland costs just 15p!!
We will definetley be returning here and anyone needing a lovely hotel set is beautiful surroundings with lovely hosts would not go far wrong here.
Thank you to all of you. Nichola, John and Spike!

Wonderful owners and great location!

My husband and I recently got back from our stay there and we were pleased with the hotel. Gillian surprised us with a complimentary bottle of champagne to celebrate and made sure we had one of the rooms with a view. Gillian and her husband are really nice people and we felt very welcomed there.

The only thing I would say about this hotel is that it is not by any means a luxury hotel. It's very simple, without any extras. I could feel the springs in our our bed and had to put another blanket provided in the room underneath the sheet to make it more comfortable. When we were putting the blanket under the sheet, we saw a stain on the mattress pad that was not something we wanted to see. I think it should be of utmost importance to the housekeeper not to put stained mattress pads on the beds. Also, I questioned why there wasn't a toilet paper holder. Why do I have to hold the roll in my hand every time and unravel it?

Otherwise, this is a nice place to stay if you want an affordable and welcoming establishment. I can't say enough about how wonderful Gillian and her husband were in making us feel welcome!!

Great place to stay on Skye

Took a group of twenty to the White Heather and had a great stay. Everyone made us feel so welcome - part of the family! Gillian and Craig went out of their way to make our stay comfortable and enjoyable. Craig even arranged a quiz (with prizes!) one evening. The rooms are spotless, food excellent and plentiful, views the best in Skye! Enjoyed it so much we are going back next year and staying for an extra night!

Lovely visit

We had a very memorable visit to Skye and a wonderfully warm welcome from Gillian and Craig. The hotel has sweeping views of Castle Moil and the hills behind it and very comfortable rooms. Every effort was made to make us feel 'at home'.

Caring

We spend a holiday this year at the White Heather
Hotel, Kyleakin, Isle of Skye. We found it to
be excellent in all ways.

Craige and Gillian, were obliging, friendly and
caring. The rooms was clean and well
maintained. The food was excellent, and the
scenery around delightful. We had a lovely
time, and we are going again next year.

wonderful host and hostess

We rented two rooms for a week and had the most wonderful time. It was great to go off for the day and come back to our cozy home away from home. It was a wonderful comfort for me because I was so far away from home. The breakfasts were great and I liked the emphasis on the organic foods and sustainable culture items as well. Gillian was very personable, witty and a treasure trove of information. Craig likes to think of him self as a "behind the scenes kind of guy", but he is very sweet as well and a great cook. On the days we didn't see otters (right outside the door no less) we had "Craig sightings." I would stay here again in an instant.

Thoughtful owners

Gillian and Craig could not be more thoughtful and caring. After a wonderful holiday in October when the weather was excellent Gillian and Craig tried to contact me at the bridge about medicine I had left behind. Unfortunately they missed us but when I realised my mistake I telephoned and the medicine was in my post box on my return home two days later. How's that for thoughtfulness? I believe it couldn't be bettered.

Peaceful and relaxing, excellent

We recently spent three nights at The White Heather Hotel. A warm welcome awaited us, despite a relatively late arrival. Our main reason for the stay was our honeymoon. We had a large comfortable room, very warm and cosy. We can't thank Craig and Gillian enough. Thanks again guys. Guess you'll be enjoying your well-earned break now. Looking forward to seeing you again next year.

The Best Place on Skye

We stayed at the White Heater when we attended our daughter's wedding at Armadale Castle in July. Our hosts, Craig & Gillian made us feel so welcome and were so helpful, supplying everything from maps to excellent advise on where to eat. Be sure to try the Waverly. The view was lovely and the breakfasts were great. Craig takes great pride in his cooking. The accomodations were very comfortable and we would stay there again in a minute.

White Heather Hotel

Fantastic! Just take a look at these photos, they speak for themselves! How could you resist staying at the wonderful White Heather Hotel, and risk missing scenes like these?

Comments