Greenock Road, Largs, KA30 8NF, United Kingdom

largs marinalargs marina

View of LargsView of Largs

Need a contact person.

by Gracesavd

I know this is going to be unusual question, but I'm going to ask anyway. My husband and I are flying to Largs on Sept. 1, 2005. We have a pal who lives there and I've been unsuccessful on contacting him. I would like to know if there is anyone willing to contact him for us? I can pass on his address but do not have a current phone number. We really need to reach him before we fly from Texas! I appreciate any help I may recieve.

RE: Need a contact person.

by whitechicken

Daft as this may sound - but have you tried International Directory Enquiries for his telephone number? You will probably read this and say yes you silly person but he is Ex Directory! Hope you find him and have a lovely time Scotland has some fantastic scenery - but take some wet weather gear as forecast is wet and windy (It's usually dry in the local hostelries though!)

Best wishes
Sharon

RE: Need a contact person.

by hawkhead

I am contacting you by email.

by Gracesavd

Thanks for replying! I could use the method of finding his phone number, however he only has a cell phone. I certainly wish there was a directory for cell phones!

I could write him, however it takes longer than a week for a letter to arrive there. We leave on Sept. 1st so I don't have time. I appreciate the ideas tho!

by Gracesavd

I have thought of your suggestion, but cannot rely on the US postal service to get a letter out of here soon enough....I'll try something else thank you all!

by Gracesavd

Just a update on this topic. Because of a very kind person on here, I was able to contact my friend. We did meet him again at the Glasgow airport and had a wonderful two weeks! Scotland was everything members have said plus more! I really did not want to leave. Oh, and meeting so many friendly people was a delight!

If anyone is wondering where to visit? Give Scotland a try! You will not be sorry! Thanks again!

by hawkhead

Delighted that everything turned out so well and thank you for the positive feedback on Scotland. Come again!

by Gracesavd

Trust me; I will be coming back in about 5 years. A lady at work wants to go back as well, tho I doubt she wants to wait that long. Dh said tho enjoyed the trip very much, I was welcome to go back with my pal!

Travel Tips for Largs

Largs, my perspective

by robynhood

"Why I Like Largs"

The friendliness of the people is what prompted me to move here , we came on holiday in June 2006 and moved here permanently in December '06.
We are still discovering new activities so I see this page as evolving over time rather than being an instant summary

Comments