Largs Hotels

Our Members Say

• bjanuario profile photo bjanuario
  • Reviews: 2

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Biscayne House: Largs best view B&B

Biscayne House offers warm comfortable bedrooms, all with magnificent sea views to the Islands of Cumbrae and Arran. Approx. 40 mins. from both Glasgow and Prestwick Airports and 20 mins. from Arran ferry terminus.
An amazing accomodation with friendly people. I been there for 11 night , was the B&B recomended by IBM in Greenock.

Family, double, twin or single rooms are available with self catering facilities. Cooked or Continental breakfast is available on request.
Have a fantastic view over river clyde, isle of cumbrae and the mountains over argyle forest. Very tidy. An amazing place to stay.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Written June 6, 2006
Tip Photo

The view from the B&B

• CdnJane profile photo CdnJane
  • Reviews: 517

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

St Helen's Hotel: Lovely Garden and view to Arran

I'm checking back in my journals for this one... written in 1973. We (my parents & I) stayed in Largs due to visiting some relatives who lived nearby.
This was one of the seaside hotels, which I'd read about in the Agatha Christie type novels. Lovely property for walking and enjoying the garden.

Other than the view over towards the Isle of Arran, I don't remember any other features of the hotel.
I didn't even mention how comfortable the beds were or how the food was. Guess it was because this was the last night of my trip.

• Opinion of Price: about average