Leyland Way, Leyland, Preston, PR25 4JX, United Kingdom

BEST WESTERN PREMIER Leyland Hotel
Expedia.com Booking.com Hotels.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• DAO's Profile Photo

CHARGED £10 TO CHECK OUT !

Dirty rotten BASTARDS! OK. So I did not enjoy my stay here. I should have. I booked this place because I was going to a mega birthday party and this was nearby. I saw they had a gym, although it was so old and tatty as to not be that great. The bed was good. Can’t complain. It was the next day that the staff managed to make sure that this was the worst stay of any Best Western in the world. And yes, I have stayed across the world in Best Westerns for decades and never been charged to check out!

I was leaving on Sunday. A quiet day in any hotel. Check-out time was noon. Fair enough. I was still groggy from too much fun the night before. I saw one of the housekeeping staff in a room nearby and asked if it was ok if I was running late. He explained that he had lots of rooms to do and to just take my time. I set myself a target of 1pm to check-out. I duly arrived at reception, to hand in my key. The lady then told me I had to pay a ‘late check-out fee’ of £10!

I am sorry, but unless you are interfering with a room being turned over on a busy day, this is outrageous. I have NEVER even been asked to pay a fee for ‘late check-out’ anywhere in the world. I have paid once or twice to extend the time, but this was into the evening. This is really stupid and short-sighted. I am now posting a hotel review on the internet and telling you to stay somewhere else.

Believe it or not, they tried to charge me £15 because it was 3 minutes past 1pm!

Unique Quality:

HOTEL OVERVIEW:
    •93 bedrooms with free hospitality trays and toiletries
    • Charges if you check out late
    •Free high speed WIFI
    •Superior bedrooms available with added extras
    • Four Seasons Restaurant with seasonal locally sourced award winning food
    • Free car parking

ROOMS:
    All rooms have:
    •Free internet
    •Heated towel rail, bathrobes & complimentary toiletries
    •Full blackout window coverings
    •Tea & coffee making facilities, flatscreen TV with Freeview, CD player & DVD player (on request)
    •Hairdryer, telephone & clock with illuminated display, in room safe, iron & ironing board
    Upgrades to Executive Rooms available

FOOD & DRINK
    • Four Seasons A La Carte Restaurant (locally sourced ingredients)
    • J28 Lounge Bar.
    • All you can eat buffet breakfast
    FACILITIES
    • Heated swimming pool, spa bath, Sauna
    • Fitness room (old equipment)
    BUSINESS FACILITIES
    • Conference Rooms to accommodate 2 to 250 delegates.
    • Conference rooms offer natural daylight, air conditioning, WIFI
    • Photo Copying and Fax facilities

More about Best Western Premier Leyland Hotel

Wonderfully Surprised. Fantastic Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Aligreg

We decided to lengthen our holiday in Lancashire by a night and wanted to stay in my "childhood town". I must admit the Leyland Hotel wasn't my first choice of places to stay as I always remember it being somewhat "grotty" looking from the outside as a child, but other hotels in the area were all full. When we arrived it was a lovely surprise to see that the entrance way had been made to look pretty with large bronze statues and on entering the hotel again it was a lovely surprise. Very tastefully decorated in our opinion. Our rooms were on the lower ground floor and were truly lovely, very clean and comfy with huge beds. The leisure facilities were excellent and we had the pool pretty much to ourselves.
The next surprise came when we went for dinner. We could not have wished for better or more attentive service and the food was simply wonderful. Each starter was as big as a main course and extremely well presented and tasty. Overall an absolutely wonderful end to our visit "up north". We will certainly be booking again when we travel north in a couple of weeks time. Thank you

Quirky but nice

by TripAdvisor Member londonstrings

This hotel is not so inspiring to look at from the outside, but inside the decor manages to have its own character. Ancient rome, commercial vehicles and a giant chair. There's even a flat screen TV in a guilded frame. Good room and great breakfast. Friendly and fun.

Where's The Pudding?

by TripAdvisor Member AJGLothian

Just stayed one night to break trip to Oxford from Midlothian. Would definitely go back for a longer stay. Comfortable well appointed room, friendly staff, huge amount of parking.

Buffet breakfast was excellent, but no black pudding when we got there. I love black pudding.

Well worth considering this hotel to break journey, or as a holiday base in it's own right.

Grand reception, ok hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Swindon Traveller

I stayed at this hotel for one night in January 2009 whilst travelling on business.
First impressions of the hotel were mixed. From the outside the hotel looks pretty average, but upon entering the reception area it becomes very grand and opulent.
Check-in was quick and the young lady on reception was extremely pleasant, helpful and efficient. I was even able to check in well over an hour earlier than advertised.

My room was an "executive" double, but knowing Best Western hotels like I do I always keep an open mind. I often think that the executives in Best Western must have expectations that are easily met!

Having said this the room was clean, spacious and well equipped with large LCD TV and big, comfortable bed. Free WiFi is another plus point. I had planned to go for a swim/sauna, but I was too tired after my drive and I had some work to do in the room. Also what's-his-name was moving into the White House so i watched that on TV...

Room Service food was good quality and was delivered in under 30 minutes, but I think the £5.00 tray charge was a bit high.

OK, the negatives:
1. I was allocated a disabled access room (nothing wrong in that), but no bath, just a sit -in shower. Why then have a menu in the bathroom encouraging me to purchase bubble bath and champagne?

2. The walls are paper thin and my room had an adjoining door to next room. I could hear everything occuring in the room next door and I guess vice versa.

Comments