Leyland Way, Leyland, Preston, PR25 4JX, United Kingdom

Costs 63% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Best Western Premier Leyland Hotel

Wonderfully Surprised. Fantastic Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Aligreg

We decided to lengthen our holiday in Lancashire by a night and wanted to stay in my "childhood town". I must admit the Leyland Hotel wasn't my first choice of places to stay as I always remember it being somewhat "grotty" looking from the outside as a child, but other hotels in the area were all full. When we arrived it was a lovely surprise to see that the entrance way had been made to look pretty with large bronze statues and on entering the hotel again it was a lovely surprise. Very tastefully decorated in our opinion. Our rooms were on the lower ground floor and were truly lovely, very clean and comfy with huge beds. The leisure facilities were excellent and we had the pool pretty much to ourselves.
The next surprise came when we went for dinner. We could not have wished for better or more attentive service and the food was simply wonderful. Each starter was as big as a main course and extremely well presented and tasty. Overall an absolutely wonderful end to our visit "up north". We will certainly be booking again when we travel north in a couple of weeks time. Thank you

Quirky but nice

by TripAdvisor Member londonstrings

This hotel is not so inspiring to look at from the outside, but inside the decor manages to have its own character. Ancient rome, commercial vehicles and a giant chair. There's even a flat screen TV in a guilded frame. Good room and great breakfast. Friendly and fun.

Where's The Pudding?

by TripAdvisor Member AJGLothian

Just stayed one night to break trip to Oxford from Midlothian. Would definitely go back for a longer stay. Comfortable well appointed room, friendly staff, huge amount of parking.

Buffet breakfast was excellent, but no black pudding when we got there. I love black pudding.

Well worth considering this hotel to break journey, or as a holiday base in it's own right.

Grand reception, ok hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Swindon Traveller

I stayed at this hotel for one night in January 2009 whilst travelling on business.
First impressions of the hotel were mixed. From the outside the hotel looks pretty average, but upon entering the reception area it becomes very grand and opulent.
Check-in was quick and the young lady on reception was extremely pleasant, helpful and efficient. I was even able to check in well over an hour earlier than advertised.

My room was an "executive" double, but knowing Best Western hotels like I do I always keep an open mind. I often think that the executives in Best Western must have expectations that are easily met!

Having said this the room was clean, spacious and well equipped with large LCD TV and big, comfortable bed. Free WiFi is another plus point. I had planned to go for a swim/sauna, but I was too tired after my drive and I had some work to do in the room. Also what's-his-name was moving into the White House so i watched that on TV...

Room Service food was good quality and was delivered in under 30 minutes, but I think the £5.00 tray charge was a bit high.

OK, the negatives:
1. I was allocated a disabled access room (nothing wrong in that), but no bath, just a sit -in shower. Why then have a menu in the bathroom encouraging me to purchase bubble bath and champagne?

2. The walls are paper thin and my room had an adjoining door to next room. I could hear everything occuring in the room next door and I guess vice versa.

Comments