Best Western Premier Leyland Hotel

Tags

Budget Travel Seniors Road Trip
See Amenities
DAO's Profile Photo

CHARGED £10 TO CHECK OUT !

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on May 3, 2014

Dirty rotten BASTARDS! OK. So I did not enjoy my stay here. I should have. I booked this place because I was going to a mega birthday party and this was nearby. I saw they had a gym, although it was so old and tatty as to not be that great. The bed was good. Can’t complain. It was the next day that the staff managed to make sure that this was the worst stay of any Best Western in the world. And yes, I have stayed across the world in Best Westerns for decades and never been charged to check out!

I was leaving on Sunday. A quiet day in any hotel. Check-out time was noon. Fair enough. I was still groggy from too much fun the night before. I saw one of the housekeeping staff in a room nearby and asked if it was ok if I was running late. He explained that he had lots of rooms to do and to just take my time. I set myself a target of 1pm to check-out. I duly arrived at reception, to hand in my key. The lady then told me I had to pay a ‘late check-out fee’ of £10!

I am sorry, but unless you are interfering with a room being turned over on a busy day, this is outrageous. I have NEVER even been asked to pay a fee for ‘late check-out’ anywhere in the world. I have paid once or twice to extend the time, but this was into the evening. This is really stupid and short-sighted. I am now posting a hotel review on the internet and telling you to stay somewhere else.

Believe it or not, they tried to charge me £15 because it was 3 minutes past 1pm!

Unique Quality:

HOTEL OVERVIEW:
•93 bedrooms with free hospitality trays and toiletries
• Charges if you check out late
•Free high speed WIFI
•Superior bedrooms available with added extras
• Four Seasons Restaurant with seasonal locally sourced award winning food
• Free car parking

ROOMS:
All rooms have:
•Free internet
•Heated towel rail, bathrobes & complimentary toiletries
•Full blackout window coverings
•Tea & coffee making facilities, flatscreen TV with Freeview, CD player & DVD player (on request)
•Hairdryer, telephone & clock with illuminated display, in room safe, iron & ironing board
Upgrades to Executive Rooms available

FOOD & DRINK
• Four Seasons A La Carte Restaurant (locally sourced ingredients)
• J28 Lounge Bar.
• All you can eat buffet breakfast
FACILITIES
• Heated swimming pool, spa bath, Sauna
• Fitness room (old equipment)
BUSINESS FACILITIES
• Conference Rooms to accommodate 2 to 250 delegates.
• Conference rooms offer natural daylight, air conditioning, WIFI

• Business Services
  • Bar / Lounge
  • Free High Speed Internet

Leyland Travel Forum

Need advice about Leyland, United Kingdom? Visit the Travel Forum for Leyland and ask our Answer Gurus.

Leyland Travel Guide