- Reviews: 737
The River (originally 'The Duke of Monmouth'): My old accommadation in 1982.
I spent my first 8 weeks in Lostwithiel (in 1982) staying in the public house. It was cheap at the time, which was great for a recently qualified student working on his first job. Bed and breakfast was £7-50 per night, and that was great until I found more permanent accommadation.
The bar was shut during my visit, I'm not sure if they still offer accommadation.
At that time it was called the Duke of Monmouth and I understand the ownership and name has changed a few times since.
The landlords were called Mike and Jenny, I recall they did not close the bar until about 02:00 every morning. I also remember Jenny's English breakfasts were fantastic.
Sort by: Most recent | Most helpful
Explore the World
- Radisson Blu Residence, Dubai Marina
- Atlantica Club Sungarden Hotel
- Radisson Royal Hotel Moscow
- Anoasis Beach Resort Long Hai
- Kelebek Classic Cave Hotel
- Aspery Hotel
- Marazul Dive Resort
- Grand Hotel Parco del Sole
- The Melbourne Connection
- La Casa de Don Pablo Hostel
- Palm Bay Studios
- Nadi Myanmar Hotel
- Europa Hotel
- Sawasdee Krungthep Inn Hotel