High Street, Loughborough, Leicestershire, LE112QL, United Kingdom
Hotels.com Expedia.com Booking.com

Satisfaction Poor

More about Loughborough

Check Me Out !Check Me Out !

Me & TinaMe & Tina

Let's toss!Let's toss!

Travel Tips for Loughborough

Opening bank accounts.

by SingSoc03

There are many banks where you can open an account. But different banks have different requirements. The more popular ones among foreign students are HSBC, Natwest, Barclays.
I find opening a bank account in UK is very troublesome and difficult even though you have loads of money to deposit. You will need the relevant documents especially the letter from the University stating how long you will be in UK.

Hiking to Beacon Hill.

by A2002

You can hike to Beacon hill for a view of Loughborough. The view from the top is awesome on a clear day.
I do not have a picture here as I have been there years ago. Perhaps I will visit the park again some time when I have a car. It is very tiring to hike there with a bicycle... I love to have wheels cos bus 11 is just too slow for me.

BBQ - June 2003.

by A2002

"Memories of BBQ in Loughborough...."

We started the BBQ at 12pm in the fantastic weather. Our BBQ is typical of Malaysian and Singaporean style with loads of different types of food. Seasoned chicken wings (spicy and non-spicy), meat skewers, vegetables, sweet corn, etc etc.. geeshh.. I am getting hungry when I think of the food... ;-)

Cooked food ready to eat during the BBQ. Since we gotta wait for the BBQ food to be cooked, the host also prepared some cooked food to satisfy our hungry stomachs first while we wait for the BBQ food.

After a super full meal, we decided that we seriously need a stroll to hasten our digestion of the food we had...
We met a friend who was picking some cherries from this tree. The cherries were black and very sweet. We decided to get a ladder to pick some cherries for ourselves. It was very fun. One go up the ladder to pluck those sweet and juicy cherries, two hold the ladder, two hold the plastic bags that we brought, and one to spot which part of the tree had the most cherries... As we pluck, we ate a lot of cherries too. Oh boy.. did I mention that we seriously needed a stroll after the food?? geesh.. we are eating again...

We plucked some cherries and some of the branches off. hmm.. beautiful decoration for the hat :-)

High up plucking the cherries.

oopss.. that cherry dropped... quick dun waste it, pick it and put into the bag or the mouth

Comments