Victoria Lodge

Sir George Newnes Tea RoomsSir George Newnes Tea Rooms

Rock Chic?Rock Chic?

View over The Valley of RocksView over The Valley of Rocks

SignageSignage

Has anyone ever been to the Valley of Rocks?

by johngayton

I do believe that they have wild pigs there, perhaps if anyone has seen them could they post a PPP here.

RE: Has anyone ever been to the Valley of Rocks?

by Geoff_Wright

Don't know about wild pigs, but there are certainly lots of wild goats. Sorry, no picture.

Look here: http://www.lyntongoats.org.uk/index.htm

Regards

by johngayton

OMG Geoff, I am so sorry to get you involved in this, it is a long story, a tale of the struggle of the little people agains The Leviathan, a tale of g8s, spanning continents, a tale of disappeared forums, posts being removed leaving non-sensical replies left adrift in the luminiferous ether. The "G" word is non-U here at present. Do you know leics? or grets? or ian-in-bangkok? or mariajoy?

If so mention the "G8s" to them, they'll be able to tell you more than I.

I have to be very careful what I say otherwise I risk being deleted - I may be mad, I may be a drunkard, but I have seen the G8s as have all the above but the merest mention brings down the wrath of The Leviathan, so be careful Geoff, and don't use the G-word frivilously.

by Geoff_Wright

OMG, John,

Sounds like you've been on the Scrumpy, haha. Not sure of what thread you may be referring to, but I am aware of those names. I still don't see the connection to pigs in Rocks though, hahaha.

Have a good day. Regards from Cornwall.

by leics

I am paranoid. However, the type of pig referred to may be the type in my member photo..........Old English Blacks, apparently. suspect they are descendants of the original boars which roamed wild and free across our beautiful island (Valley of Rocks included).

Travel Tips for Lynton

The Lynton and Lynmouth Scarecrow Festival

by johngayton

You know it is August here in Lynton (and to a lesser extent below in Lynmouth ) when these strange characters start cropping up around the village, sometimes in gardens, sometimes on balconies, in fact in all sorts of strange places. This is a relatively recent addition to the local scene and no-one I have spoken to is quite sure exactly who started it but it has certainly become popular and some of the scarecrows have obviously taken quite a bit of time and imagination - see travelog on this page for more pics.

Comments