South Promenade, Lytham, FY8 1NP, gb

More about Lytham

Windmill at Lytham St Annes, LancashireWindmill at Lytham St Annes, Lancashire

Pier at Lytham St Annes, LancashirePier at Lytham St Annes, Lancashire

Beach at Lytham St Annes, LancashireBeach at Lytham St Annes, Lancashire

Lytham Tea Shop.Lytham Tea Shop.

Travel Tips for Lytham

Parking for the Disabled

by mustertal

Lytham,
You can park on the road side, on the Green ,which is pay and display, or Lowther gardens, but space is limited. Disabled can park for free but, in the DESIGNATED areas only.

Fairhaven,
There is plenty of parking spaces along the road and round the lake.

St Anns.
Mostley pay and display as with Lytham disabled parking is free in the disabled bay's, BUT be careful some car parks are privately own and disabled drivers have to pay.If you park at the Brewers Fare Pub next to the cinema,it will cosy you ?1 for the day,also if you eat in the pub,show your ticket and get ? £1 off your meal !!!!! The 3 resorts are small and if you are feeling active, you can walk along the sea front from,Lytham through to Fairhaven.

A Church in a Meadow

by wise23girl

My cousin has long wanted to visit this beautiful church . And after enjoying a meal at "The Windmill" nearby we went for a discovery walk to the church...ST John The Evangelist. We did not have to scamper past the cattle grazing in the field but found another route through an old iron gate.

But do not worry there is a proper driveway. And a sign. We just came from the wrong side.

We met a volunteer cleaner who told us about the history of the Church in particular about a font that dated back to pre Roman times.( her husband had been a church warden but I think she is now a widow). Unfortunately there is no inscription. The ancient piece was at one time an altar but church people ,frightened of the pagan background in its history, had it made into a font.

The church is in Salwick ,Clifton, Preston, and you could phone the Vicar for directions or just find the Windmill Pub. Need a car. Usually unlocked.

Lytham/St Annes in Lancashire

by wise23girl

"My Mother Was Born Here"

Actually my grandfather and great grandfather both named John I..... were gamekeepers for the Squires Clifton and my Mother was born in the Gate House of Lytham Hall where they lived.
Some of my relatives were named for the Clifton family...Violet, Talbot....will have to more research when I arrive home in case there are more(2009)..
All my life I thought of Lytham St Annes as the place I most wanted to visit and I did for the first time in 1982 and subsequently a number of times in the last few years.

Fortunately some of my cousins still live in the surrounds and on my first visit I met my Aunt Rose before she died.

"Mustertal and a VT MEET"

Well how wonderful that a lady from Preston also called Margaret offered to arrange a meet for my visit to Lancashire this time. (I was not a VTer when I was here before)
And where did she finally choose? St Annes by the Sea. Perfect. "Wise23girl comes North"...what an honour.

Will return whenever I can to Lytham/St Annes.

"A Coffee Shop in Lytham"

Lytham is my favourite town in Lancashire. I go with my Cousin every time I am there and we always go upstairs to this little coffee shop, grab the best table and sit, warm and cosy, looking down on the street below.
The only odd thing is the name of the coffee shop "Carabic" and palm trees? Must be some history to that ?
And across the road is a beautiful gift shop where some years ago I found an ornament of Lytham Windmill which I gave to my sister in Australia who has named her home "Lytham".
And I always thought it would be a treat to stay in the Clifton Arms Hotel.

Lytham-St-Annes

by ricky52

"Just as we were leaving"

This is probably the most exciting thing here in Lytham, watching the sun go down.

It was rumoured years ago that they did not bury the dead in Lytham; rather they stood them up in the bus shelters and put bingo tickets in their hand.

"VT meeting"

Margaret (wise23girl) came t' North to pay us a visit.
Also in attendance was:- ricky52, davesut, Dao, Gwynfiguy, Scoobydoofast, mustertal, mamawinnie, Sheila and mamawinnies guest whose name escapes me at the moment.

"The usual suspects"

If you ever come up North, this is the kind of reception you are going to get.

This well seasoned and friendly bunch of idiots cannot be found antwhere else on this planet.

Please note if you see any of these faces on Crime Watch, please don't report them, it was an accident, honest.

Lytham, St Annes and Fairhaven Lake.

by mustertal

"Lytham"

Lytham is a very quiet seaside resort, it's just south of Blackpool, and 20 miles north of Preston. It doesn't really have a beach, because it's on the mouth of the Ribble estuary, but, it does have "Lytham Green" a long stretch of green grass to play ball, sunbathe or picnic on.
This is a gentle laid back place away from the hustle and bustle of Blackpool, it is somewhere to go and relax, were children can fly kites and kick a football, it's an inexspesive day out.
The town centre is small but you will find lots of good places to eat and drink.
You can walk along the sea front for miles, and onto the next resort of Fairhaven. It is flat and suitable for wheelchair users and people with mobility problems. There are plenty of seats along the way for you to sit on and rest those tired leg's.
Visit the Windmill ,which is on the green, open to the public and run by Lytham heritage.
Go see the Lowther gardens and Pavilion, watch people playing balls, or maybe take in a show.

"Fairhaven Lake"

Fairhaven Lake is just a short way up the coast from Lytham, you will find just a little more to do here. The lake is quite small and boats can be hired to sail on it. There is a walk way all around the lake with picnic tables, a play ground, skate board park, tennis, crown green bowling, a cafe and a little shop.
You are asked not to feed the ducks and swans on the lake.
There is a slop down to the lake from the road, if you have a wheelchair, be careful as it is a little steep and you need to navigate your way round as not all places are accessible.

"St Anne's"

This little sea side town, is probably best known for it's famous golf course, Royal and Ancient Lytham St Anne's.
It has a lovely Victorian pier, and well laid out gardens along the sea front. An old train is used as a cafe and shop's. For the children there's an area with a playground, trampolines, dodgem boats and a little train that takes you for a trip around the crazy golf course.
The sand is muddy in places, but you can loose yourself in the sand dunes north of the beautiful Victorian pier.

Comments