Holiday Inn

Holiday Inn Belfast
IHG Orbitz.com Priceline.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• HOTEL NIGHTMARE

Had an awful experience, due to circumstances beyound my control, couldn't check in until 01:00 in the morning. Was locked out and had to rap the hotel door to get in..whole mix up with my booking. Told to go onto my bed but only to find that in the morning when I was checking out they charged £89/- for room with no breakfast....

Nina - the receptionist - more like the devil wears prada - watch out for her, very abrupt and cheeky shouldn't be at the frontline of any reception desk. She is not very discreet or confidential!

Dealing with these staff no go area..no customer service skills they only preach POLICY! Even when you speak to the manager they regurgitate POLICY.

Can't comment on the food, as the cost of the room was so expensive...didn't want to test the price of the breakfast menu!

Unique Quality: Got into the hotel late and up and out in the morning so can't really comment.

I was there on a Monday night and it was dead..not a sinner in the place or in the bar.

Don't leave your window in the room open, it is very noisy.

Directions: Next to the BBC

• Nightmare Hotel

I booked a conference at this hotel and spent four days dealing with complaints from party members. The food was lousy with the buffets being recycled twice :-( Rooms were not cleaned properly with dirty cups and glasses being left for three days and security is lousy - people walking in off the street begging and on one occasion stealing from guests. Reception staff not interested in dealing with any issues and management seemingly constantly "away". The only highlight of the whole experience were the girls in the conference suite who made the best of a bad job with no support.

• clivedinburgh's Profile Photo

Quality Hotel in centre of the action

I used this for a Saturday night as it's excellently located near many a fine bar. The rooms are well equiped and the leisure centre looked superb (never had time to use it but had nice view of pool from room). The foyer bar remained open till 3am so I cannot comment on the quality of the breakfast.

Unique Quality: I arrived in Belfast early but the staff were extremely helpful and managed to give me a room at 10am when the standard check-in is 2pm.

Directions: On Ormeau Avenue opposite the BBC

More about Holiday Inn

Great accommodations in the heart of Belfafst

by mikeh141 about Holiday Inn Belfast

The Holiday Inn was the perfect place to stay in Belfast. On Ormeau Avenue, it's just feet from the Golden Mile (a location whose significance is called into question by everyone we wpoke to in Belfast) - but it's at the heart of the city. You're a 10 minute walk from city hall and the whole of the downtown area, and in the other direction, you're just a few short blocks from the quieter parts of Belfast with relaxing pubs and storefronts with homemade food. Room was unexpectedly comfortable, and the room service was both tasty and inexpensive. Get out of the room, though, and explore!

Fabulous on a budget

by TripAdvisor Member Apple

We booked the Holiday Inn Belfast because of its position in the centre of the city, near the BBC. Everything was accessible from this point and the rooms were spot on.
We did have a little trouble at first while booking in as we were told we could only have a twin room and a double room even though we had booked two doubles, but this was soon sorted.
The rooms were plenty big enough for two people with coffee cups and a kettle.
Visitors could also use the hotel's pool free of charge and could also book in for treatments in the spa.
As we arrived very early on the Friday morning staff allowed us to leave bags and cases at the hotel until we could check in which was very useful.
Definitely a hotel we would recommend to other travellers to the city.

Excellent Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member BrianW01

Superb hotel. Excellent rooms - large, clean, comfortable and modern decor. Staff were friendly and helpful.

Superb location in the city centre.

Excellent buffet breakfast - help yourself to as much or as little as you want. Good quality food. Nice laid back bar/lounge which stays open late for residents. Resonable prices.

Strongly Recommended

by TripAdvisor Member mister.c.

Just returned from a long weekend at the HI Belfast and i thoroughly enjoyed the accommodation and breakfast on offer. The location is spot on, only a few minutes walk from the city centre.

I stayed in an executive room - not the biggest executive room I have stayed in but modern, quiet and clean. It also included some nice touches such as cheese, wine, chocolate, robes, ironing board, air con etc. Only thing missing was an in room safe - yes you can leave items at reception in sealed bags (which is fine for keys or passports which you may not used during your stay but it can become a little inconvenient queueing for bags to open and reseal when you want money etc).

Buffet breakfast was plentiful, tasty and situated in a clean and light room - well worth getting a rate including this as generally this tends to be cheaper. I found the staff were more than helpful - I was pleasantly surprised given some of the adverse comments in previous reviews.

Leisure facilities of pool, gym and steam room were up to the necessary standard and added to the facilities on offer. I didnt sample the evening food as i always prefer to sample the local restaurants, which do not disappoint in Belfast.

I would happily recommend this hotel to others if you can get a rate below the rack rate (which shouldnt be too much of a problem!)

Avoid like the plague.

The rooms at this hotel are very good - the new style holiday inn's rooms. That is about all that is good. The customer service is absolutely appalling. Reception staff are abrupt, waiting staff are down right rude and if ever you have the pleasure of returning late at night you will be greated by security who are extremely aggressive and appear that they have just been released from prison. Avoid!!!! The four star Europa is just around the corner. Smaller rooms but I can guarantee a better experience.

never again

by TripAdvisor Member dend

just back from this hotel and I won't be back. The room had a huge stain on the sofa, the carpet and cushions were also stained. The overall theme was shabby to say the least. We waited 20mins at the check in desk, where the staff were offhand and unfriendly. The breakfast was quite good and the bed comfortable and it is very central to shopping area but I will go back to the Radisson.

Very poor customer service

by TripAdvisor Member maccy22

The customer service in this hotel is shocking. A group of us stayed there recently. We were not all able to check in at midday as some rooms were not yet available. However when we returned in the early evening we were informed that the hotel was full, even though the room had been booked and paid for weeks earlier. Our group got split up and had to stay in separate places - never again!

• Aug 9, 2013 at 2:27 PM

There has obviously been great attention paid to decorating the rooms and lobby. My bathroom was one of the nicest I have ever seen. Some staff were quite friendly and warm and one front desk staff member really was quite exceptional. My bed was very comfortable. On the negative side, I had to wait three days for a telephone that worked. When I realized I had no telephone, I requested to be transferred to a room with a working phone and the manager nonchalantly and coldly explained that due to an event, all the rooms were fully booked. I asked the front desk staff if rooms normally came with a mini fridge, she explained that they didn’t but an exception would be made for me and a “cooler” would be brought in. Unfortunately, the cooler that came faster than the telephone had two dead flies in it. The breakfast was average. This hotel didn’t strike me as four stars. Female solo travellers should probably avoid at all costs. I know I won’t return.