Park Inn Belfast

Park Inn by Radisson Belfast
Booking.com Orbitz.com Travelocity

Rated 11% higher but also costs 50% more than other 3 star hotels

More about Park Inn Belfast

Modern hotel in a great location

by tim07 about Park Inn Belfast

This is a modern hotel in an ideal location in the city centre. It's only a few minutes walk from both the City Hall & the Europa buscentre. There are plenty of shops, pubs & cafes nearby.

The 145 room hotel is very modern, with state of the art facilities. The interior is decorated with lively colours and felt clean & fresh. This applied to the rooms as well.

Breakfast is taken in the RBG (Red Bar & Grill), it was a buffet with an amazing selection of hot & cold food & drinks. The RBG is beautifully decorated too.

Nice, clean and new

by TripAdvisor Member Here4Holidays

Stayed at the Park Inn for a weekend away. Hotel is very new, so everything's still shiny and clean. Rooms aren't huge, but certainly a decent size for the 'weekend special' price we paid. Only checked the news a couple times, but it's nice to see someone has finally figured out how to get great picture quality on those sexy flat screens… rather than the usual 10 channels of fuzzy hotel TV.
Breakfast buffet was excellent - lots of hot and cold selections. Didn't make it to the gym , but nice to see hotel has one. We walked everywhere, and the hotel is maybe a 5 minute walk south of City Hall so easy to get places. Most of the restaurants that are open on the weekends are also down in the hotel's neighbourhood, as is a sizeable movie theatre.
I used to travel to Belfast quite often on business and hotels were often a bit pricey and sometimes hard to find rooms - but apparently there's a hotel building boom there now. Would stay here again!

Central location and very reasonable price

by TripAdvisor Member canttalkeating

I stayed at the Park Inn for three nights over the New Year shortly after it had opened. I made the booking because the price was very attractive - an added bonus was the excellent location in the middle of Belfast.

The room was very colourful (red) and surprisingly for a new hotel, very well proportioned. It was clean on arrival and had no issues with equiptmen, etc, for the duration of my stay.

There is a restaurant/bar attached to the hotel, which I didn't try but looked quite tasty.

The front reception staff were a bit hit and miss - I think it is polite to be greeted when walking in the front door (I guess some staff weren't happy to be working over the New Year). Otherwise no issues with checkin/out or billing.

Overall, I will certainly stay here again due to the great location and excellent price.

Excellent new hotel - throughly recommended

by TripAdvisor Member richardlondon

This new hotel is very impressive and offers service well above its 3 star grading. Its location is excellent, just a few minutes from the City Hall.

We were checked in by a very friendly and helpful member of staff (Stephen). Our room was large, modern and very comfortable. The bathroom was also large with a good combined shower/bath. Housekeeping was particularly impressive - the room was left immaculately clean with all of our toiletries neatly lined up - nice attention to detail.

Unusually for the hotel of this level, they offer a good, basic gym, together with an excellent sauna and stream room. All available at no extra cost.

We had dinner at the adjoining restaurant - the food was excellent and is well worth a visit.

Overall, this hotel seems to have got it just right. Friendly staff, good rooms at a fair price and in a good location - thoroughly recommended!

Hidden Gem

by TripAdvisor Member bluenose_62

We visited Belfast recently see friend, we happened to come by the Park Inn hotel, We ate and drank at the RGB bar attached. The atmosphere in the bar area was buzzing, but not that you couldn't hold a conversation.
The staff were pleasant in every way. We had not intended to stay and eat but we did. Well that was the real pleasure of the evening. The manager in charge that night was Gabby, his charm and wit was entertaining. The food was the icing on the cake. I had Rib eye steak cooked to perfection, my wife had the scallops again they were exceptional. To top it all chips in small frying basket is a great touch. Would recommend highly.

Shiny and new

by TripAdvisor Member michele43

My hubby and I stayed her for one night at the weekend. It was a really nice hotel, everything all new still. The rooms were lovely and the beds were very comfy. Decoration was modern but still felt cosy. Not much of a view from our room, but then again you are in the middle of Belfast!! (Which is a great city by the way)

We did not eat in the restaurant but did go to the bar which was great craic. Real nice place to spend an evening.

For £80 a night for a double room (no Breakfast) right in the centre of Belfast it is perfect for sampling the shops, restaurants and nightlife that Belfast has to offer.
Really enjoyed it and highly recommend.

Lovely hotel great location.

by TripAdvisor Member cloudnineing

first visit to Belfast what a great city,the hotel staff were very friendly and helpful. Check in was very quick , the rooms were large with comfy beds, the bathrooms were spotless with a large double shower. the best thing was the location central to everything just around the corner you have the crown bar which was great. My only advice to anyone going on a weekend the irish sleep in on a sunday so make sure you have breakfast at the hotel the cafes and bars don't open till 12 and the shops at 1. Can't wait to go back won't be going to Dublin anymore Belfast everytime.

Great clean hotel in the middle of all the action!

by TripAdvisor Member europeangirl

We booked a twin room ensuite for 2 nights in the Park Inn for €70 euro a night excl breakfast. When we checked in, they had us booked for a double instead of a twin (even though we showed our confirmation was for a twin), they advised the hotel was full and they would have to put in a roll-away bed which we weren’t happy about. Luckily the couple behind us wanted a double and had wrongly been given a twin so we swapped rooms with them. Like most hotels in Belfast, there is no parking, but the hotel provides subsidised parking for 7GBP for 24 hours in a nearby car park – very accessible and secure.

Our room was large, bright and spacious. Large bathroom with a new powerful shower. Comfy beds and tea/coffee making facilities. We ate in the adjoining restaurant one evening, food tasty and not overly expensive.The hotel is new and decorated in a really bright trendy style - our room was white with one blue wall and red curtains, it was really stylish and modern!

The best thing about the hotel is undoubtedly the location; we were about 20 steps from the Europa hotel/Opera house/Fibber McGee’s pub. 5/7 mins walk from the shopping area/Belfast eye and all the main attractions. There are loads of restaurants/pubs/eateries in the immediate area which was very handy.

I would recommend anyone to go to this hotel. Apart from the little hiccup at check-in it was a wonderful stay. Staff were courteous and helpful and the place was spotless in the halls/lobby and rooms. For the location, cleanliness and subsidised parking nearby, I wouldn’t stay anywhere else when I return!

Good value hotel, friendly helpful staff

by TripAdvisor Member carlr11

This hotel is so new, not all the taxi drivers know of it yet! So make sure you know the address before you leave. On arrival the small lobby was empty and booking in was swift, and smooth. The rooms are clean, and utilitarian rather than luxury but can't argue with the price. The bathroom was clean with a very large shower, that has decent pressure. We were surprised with the size of the hotel bar/restaurant that stretched way back into the hotel. Again the staff couldn't have been more pleasant and helpful. Whilst the bar was busy we weren't left waiting for very long. The food I have to say was adequate, but nothing special and would probably not eat there again.
So overall, a well located good value hotel with friendly staff and would stay there again if I was in Belfast.

Central, modern and friendly staff

by TripAdvisor Member CNS-Scot

My husband and I stayed for 2 nights on a short city break to Belfast.

It is on a side street but quite central. From Belfast City airport it is £1.50 and a 10 min bus journey to Great Victoria Street Station and hotel is just a couple of minutes walk. From the hotel the shopping area is a close walk in one direction and bars and resturants a slightly longer walk in the other direction but still very close. The reception staff were very helpful with directions etc. Only complaint would be they told us somewhere was a 10-15 min walk. We decided to be lazy and ordered a taxi and turned out it was 5 min walk max! Not a real problem though. Taxis were reasonable and didn't take long to arrive.

Only other complaint of reception (and it is really nit-picking) is that on check in we weren't told whether / where breakfast was available, how much it cost etc. So we didn't have breakfast at the hotel! There was a bar/restaurant joined on to the side of the hotel which was a nice bar.

We got a very good rate for this room. The building is new and rooms and bathrooms were lovely and clean. Typical set up for a modern hotel - bed with table and chair and ensuite shower room. Coffee / tea in room. They don't give you much tea /coffee and ours wasn't replenished on day two. We phoned reception and literally in under a minute (!!) housekeeping arrived with more.

Would absolutely recommend this hotel and it would be first choice when returning to Belfast.

Once a lying-in hospital....Once a lying-in hospital....

Samson and GoliathSamson and Goliath

Parish Church of St Georges - Chancel ceilingParish Church of St Georges - Chancel ceiling

Joys Entry- Mc Crackens BarJoys Entry- Mc Crackens Bar

Information on Belfast urgently needed !!

by K_K_Mar

Hi,
My niece is about to start a one year PGD/Msc course in communications, Advertising and Marketing at the University of Ulster. She is scheduled to reach the Jordanstown campus on the 22nd of this month and we would be grateful for any information my fellow members (based at or had been to Belfast)can provide about the day to day life there. She is from Kerala, India and is venturing out of India for the first time and the family here are naturally anxious. As I am temporarily away from the UK the possibilty of my visiting the place to gather first hand information (would've been the case normally) also looks out of question.We are interested to know more about student life there (she will of course be staying inside the campus) and more about the safety level in general when you are out and about. Public transport is another area we are interested to know about including how expensive, frequent and reliable it is. Like the other UK towns(for eg. Oxford)are there charity Shops (Oxfam, Bernardo's etc) where a budget concious student can buy reasonable 2nd hand clothing and foot wears? Any info covering areas like this is warmly welcomed. We also would like to have friends from that area with whom we can continuesly communicate via e mails and perhapes even arrange cultural exchanges at a later date. I look forward to hearing from my fellow VT members in Belfast and would like to thank you all in anticipation.
Cheers,
Kris Kandath (KK Mar)

RE: Information on Belfast urgently needed !!

by diamond_skies

Hello Kris

I am not very familiar with the UU campus but I know that it is well connected to the city centre by bus. There is also a bus that goes between UU and Queen's University that she can take into the University area of the city. I don't know the fares but I can find out for you.

There are plenty of charity shops along the Dublin Road and Botanic Avenue (the latter is near Queen's University and there are a lot of student-type cafes, shops, etc there). There are also 2 shops in the city centre, one opposite City Hall called The Shirt Centre and one further down Royal Avenue called Primark that have very cheap clothing.

You may have heard about trouble in Belfast but there has not been any trouble in the Jordanstown area and the worst your niece might experience would be traffic problems.

I am sure that UU will be able to provide more information about the Jordanstown area.

Jane

RE: Information on Belfast urgently needed !!

by Traveldi

Jordanstown is a lovely Campus, I am sure she will really enjoy life there.

It is not a dangerous area at all, so there is no need to worry. I imagine her life will revolve around the campus as it is out of Belfast. It is close to Sea Walks which are nice also places of interest would be carrickfergus. It is easy for her to get buses in and out to Belfast and if she is looking for second hand clothing shops, she might like to try Botanic Avenue or The Ormeau Road which has a lot of Charity Shops.
If she is looking for cheap fashionable clothes - it is hard to beat PRIMARK in Belfast City Centre or DUNNES Stores. I am sure she will settle down and make lots of friends there. My advice to her would be to join in some of the university societies and sports clubs etc.

Best Wishes