Premier Inn Belfast City Centre (Waring St)

2-6 Waring Street, Belfast, BT1 2DX, United Kingdom

Premier Inn Belfast City Cathedral Quarter
Booking.com Priceline.com PremierInn.com

• leics's Profile Photo

Pleasantly surprised

I hadn't stayed at a Premier Inn before, and was pleasantly surprised at the comfort and standards given the price I paid.....normally Premier Inns are above my price range, but I paid less than 50GBP for bed & breakfast. They do some good deals for advance bookings, including free nights.

I was expecting a cramped single room (the norm in the UK for one person) but ended up with a large double, spotlessly clean and very comfortable indeed. Flat-screen telly, internet point, desk, plenty of hanging and drawer space, good power shower.

The view was of nothing....just a flat roof. And the window couldn't be opened (presumably because of the flat roof). But the heating/air con was very efficient, and I had an excellent night's sleep (one of their customer promises).

Breakfast was fine, self-service in the restaurant with a good range of bread, preserves, cereals, juices, yoghurts etc as well as various fried items. And porridge too, if you asked the staff.....that is unusual!

It was odd to see bouncers on the door of the bar in the evening, and odd to have to use my keycard to access the lift....but perhaps not that odd.

I ate in the hotel that evening as well, because I was too tired to wander far for a meal. they had a deal of two courses for 9.95GBP and I have to admit the food was of far better quality than I'd expected. Definitely worth eating here if you're staying and tired.

Staff were very pleasant and helpful, and happily kept my case for the morning whilst I explored the city (I had been concerned that they might not be willing to do that, given that I was in Belfast).

Very convenient for the city centre, and for the airport bus stops to/from City airport, just a few minutes walk from all of them and the area felt safe in the evening.

Recommended.

Directions: A few minutes's walk from the Prince Albert Memorial Clocktower. Waring Street runs parallel with High Street, to the north.

More about Premier Inn Belfast City Centre (Waring St)

Surprisingly good value

by leics about Premier Inn Waring Street

I would ever normally eat in my (or any) hotel, but I was tired.

So I decided to eat in the bar of where I was staying. And I have to admit that the food was excellent, especially as I took advantage of the 'two courses for 9.95GBP' deal.

The fish and chips was beautifully-cooked, with lovely batter, real chips and very fresh and tasty fish. And the pudding (ice-cream on cheesecake with berry sauce) was absolutely delicious,

The beer was fine as well.

So if you are in the general area and stuck for somewhere to eat at a reasonable price, you could definitely do worse than the Premier Inn.

Spotlessly Clean, Modern and Economical hotel.

by TripAdvisor Member KirstineM

Myself and my partner booked into this hotel on Valentine's day after an evening out in Belfast. We were originally intending to stay at the Hilton but there was a shortage of rooms in Belfast with it being Valentine's day. Having never stayed in any of the Premier Inns we didn’t quite know what to expect.

Location and Hotel Facilities:

The location of the hotel is great, it is situated in the popular Cathedral Quarter and is close to all the bars , restaurants and the Victoria Square complex which is a very short walk.

The hotel itself does not have parking, when we enquired at reception we were advised of free on the street parking or to park in Victoria Square’s Q-Park multi-story which has an overnight rate of £3.50 up until 8am the next morning, we parked there from 6:15pm until 10:45am which cost us £9.50, this would end up being quite expensive if parking any longer than one night.

The staff were efficient and friendly and we had no problems.

Facilities included a Costa Coffee, bar and reasonably priced restaurant.

The room:

We selected the family room which consisted of a double bed and a sofa bed. The rooms were a good size, they were spotlessly clean, bright, tidy and very modern. We had everything we could possibly need including a flat screen television with Freeview, a kettle with tea and coffee making facilities, a hairdryer, extra pillows and a good workstation and wireless Internet for anyone on business.

The bathroom was really clean and had a good supply of large fluffy towels, the shower was a power shower which was very roomy inside and there was a supply of Lux shower gel and shampoo. The sink was located within the bedroom area, we didn’t mind this as you didn’t have to deal with steamed up mirrors after a shower and it was sectioned off.

Breakfast:

We added the breakfast buffet to our booking which was all you can eat from the cooked and continental selections. The cooked breakfast included bacon, sausages, potato bread, mushrooms, tomatoes, beans and several varities of eggs, there was also a great selection of continental foods including fruit salad, cereals, granola, breads, muffins, yoghurts and drinks included Costa coffee, teas and fruit juices. There was also the option of just a continental breakfast or a grab and go option.

Bad bits:

The hotel is a city centre hotel on a little street so you can imagine there’s not much of a view, our room looked onto a little back street onto the back of a pub as far as I could tell.

There was also a few noise issues too, we had someone in the room beside us bang the door to get into their room at 1am, and we heard people singing on the street and also some clattering of bottles in the street. We also had a strange alarm go off at 3am in the morning in our room which we couldn’t really figure out.

Overall:

Apart from the few noise annoyances which I was expecting anyway considering how busy Belfast was this particular night, we were greatly impressed with this choice of hotel, we found it to be great value for money and we would definitely stay again.

Great location

by TripAdvisor Member PtarmiganUk

Great location in the centre of Belfast. 5 minutes to shops and 15 minute walk to the Odyssey centre for gigs/cinema/great museum for kids (W5).

We were in rooms in an annex (connected to main building) and it was really quiet. Bar was good, breakfast was great, and evening meal with kids in restaurant was good value and nice food. Staff really friendly.

Good value in central location, just don't bring the family

by TripAdvisor Member broneeho

If you and a friend/spouse are looking for a decent, functional room in a central location at a good value, the Premier Inn on Waring Street is hard to beat. I checked in Friday, Feb. 27 and checked out Sunday, Mar. 1. The hotel staff was friendly and efficient. The rooms were simple yet clean. The breakfast service had a decent variety of hot and cold foods. I never ate at the 4 Corners restaurant attached to the hotel, but it was always busy in the evenings.

This location is in city centre, so it's very noisy late at night with pub crawlers (especially if there was an important rugby or football match earlier in the evening). The hotel and the restaurant employ bouncers in the evenings to keep the overly drunk ones from entering. Plus, the alley across the street doubles as a men's urinal, which is unsightly as well as unsanitary. For these reasons, I would *not* recommend this hotel for travelers with children.

Great Location and Rooms

by TripAdvisor Member muzzer_mc

Stayed here for two nights in March 2009.

This is one of the best Premier Inns I have stayed in. The check in girl was very friendly and welcoming and let us check in 2 hours early!!

The room was big and spacious with one double bed and a single bed. They were harder than I was used to but still got a good nights rest in them.
The room had Freeview TV, Tea & Coffee making facilities, Hair dryer, Desk, Chair, phone. Loads of storage space.
The Bath room was small. It had a fantastic walk in power shower with a seat in the shower! The sink was placed outside the bathroom which was handy.
We had a rear facing room which had a view of a roof top but it was quiet. Only noise we herd was from a hen party walking by our door at 5am!!

I highly recommend this hotel!

Great. Clean, comfy...

by TripAdvisor Member Polly05

Just returned from my second stay in the Premier Inn on Waring Street. Still fab and would recommend it to anyone. I will stay here again if I return to Belfast in the near future.
The room was the exact same as I had last time, but with a slightly different view (just onto an alleyway next to the hotel). The only negative comment I would have is that the laundry truck made quite a bit of noise outside in the alley at quarter to 9 on the Monday morning. Apart from that, great stay.
Handy for the Odyssey Arena, only a 10 min, easy walk. Wasnt scared walking back to the hotel after a concert, it was a fine walk.

good location but poor check in

by TripAdvisor Member melnali

brand new hotel! clean room but quite small... excellent breakfast! close to city centre and all sights! disappointing checkin due to a rude member of staff but no other issues! expensive wifi rate £5 for 1 hour! look around before booking

nice hotel, centrally located

by TripAdvisor Member irishspurs

lovely person at reception, Caomhlinn, pronounced kweev linn.
she bumped us up to a suite.
good beds, only shower but served purpose.
there was a special offer on the dinner and provided you're not too picky, its good before a few beers.
the hotel is in a great spot in belfast.
breakfast was nice.
wireless at a price was disappointingly dear. no parking facilities was the only hassle.

Not the best Premier Inn

by TripAdvisor Member SouthamptonMatt

I have stayed in many Premier Inns....and although this hotel is up to their usual standard...there are two things which let it down.....
Firstly, the postcode online is incorrect (DON'T try to use it to find the hotel!) This isn't helped by the fact that the car park is in a very busy part of the city and is hard to find.
Secondlay, one of our three rooms smelt of cigarette smoke.
However, overall this hotel is up the the normal great standards for the chain and the bar downstairs is great. Breakfast is outstanding.

Comments