Radisson Sas Hotel Belfast

Expedia.com Hotels.com Booking.com

Costs 39% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• chipper99's Profile Photo

Great, comfortable hotel

Stayed at the Radisson Blu for one night in April when going to a concert at The Waterfront. We had a great stay and actually wished we had booked an extra night. The hotel is in a quiet area in the Gasworks district but only a short walk to the bars, restaurants and The Waterfront. Or if running late less that £5 in a taxi to The Waterfront. The rooms were roomy, very clean, good sized bathroom and good shower. It had air con, and all the usual facilities, hairdryer, iron and board, fridge, mini-bar, tae, coffee etc etc. Also liked that there was an ice machine on every floor. There is an average priced restaurant but also a pretty good bar menu and I would definitely recommend the pizza; lovely. Staff were very friendly and helpful and the car park was free but I think free parking is weekend only. As for breakfast, it was great. Self-service, plenty of choice, tasty and served until 11am unlike most other hotels that finish at 10am denying my chances of a lie-in. All in all, a great, spacious, comfy and very friendly hotel. Well recommended.

Directions: Gasworks district

More about Radisson Sas Hotel Belfast

Book This Hotel Now!

by TripAdvisor Member gillyblue25

Just back from the Radisson SAS Belfast and I am highly reccomending it!

I booked this stay as a suprise for my partner's birthday and wanted a great experience, and this was achieved. The hotel presents itself well and has a luxury feel to it, with very modern interior design themes running throughout the premises.

The staff are very attentive and helpful and room service was quick and reasonable. I pre-ordered champagne to be in my room upon arrival and this was done for a reasonable cost.

The hotel's location is handy, a mere 5-10 mins walk to City Hall and ditto for the Lagan Side attractions.

We stayed on a room only basis, but next time, I would choose to stay on a B&B basis, as Belfast city centre does not "open" until 1pm, nothing was open for breakfast and to purchase breakfast extra at the hotel was £14, this is much less if you select breakfast to be included in the room rate.

The rooms were light and airy with air conditioning, free broadband access, tv, tea and coffee facilities, minibar, iron & board, trouser press, pleanty of coat hangers and nice toiletries.

Overall, our experience at the Radisson was excellent and we would definitley stay there again.

At last a great Irish hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member Mrsheathershaw

At last a great hotel during our coach tour of Ireland. Air- conditioning, stylish airy, bright rooms. A bathroom to die for with wonderful products and clean comfortable beds. Also the public spaces were clean and the food was well presented and enjoyable especially the breakfast. The staff were extremely helpful and pleasant and the barman a big hit with my elderly mother. Well done!

by TripAdvisor Member redcompliance

My wife and I stayed for 2 nights at the end of July.
This is a modern hotel with an excellent range of facilities within the nicely appointed rooms. These include a free safe, iron and board, hairdryer, and fridge / mini bar. The furnishings have a quality look and feel. the public areas are also pleasant, with a nice bar and restaurant area overlooking a small water feature.
The hotel is well situated being in a quiet area about 10 minutes walk from either the city centre, or the student area around Botanic Ave. It is also next to the foot / cycle path that runs alongside the Lagan river. This links the city centre to the University and botanic garens.

Wonderful

by TripAdvisor Member Calgary-visitor

We stayed at this hotel for one night on our coach tour of Ireland. We found this to be an excellent hotel - very modern, large clean rooms with desk, air conditioning and mini-bar. We had a room on the back side of the hotel overlooking a pond. Hotel is in a quiet location but only 10 min walk from city centre. We ate dinner and breakfast in the restaurant - very good. Staff very friendly and efficient. Only complaint was the internet access - one computer in the lobby that you had to stand up to use (very high up for a short person!!). This had to be the world's slowest high speed internet access - it took 12 mins to sign-on at .25 GBP per minute and then it died so we gave up.

excellent value

by TripAdvisor Member drsunny

Belfast hotels I have often felt to be a bit of a rip off. The Radisson is one of the newst hotels in Belfast and maybe because of this it is a much better standard than the more established places. Hotel is well kitted out. Rooms, reception area and bar very spacious. Food excellent too. I've stayed here a good number of times for various reasons, and have enjoyed my stay there every time.

The hotel itself is at the city centre end of the Ormeau Rd, which means it is convenient to town by foot.

One draw back of this hotel is that parking facilities are very limited should you arrive during the working week as it shares the car park with neighbouring offices and businesses. If this doesn't apply to you then you'll have absolutely no quibbles.

Excellent hotel, much better than the Europa

by TripAdvisor Member MMmd

This is an excellent 4 star hotel. Very comfortable, stylish, clean, and certainly perfect for a business trip. There is free 24 hour broadband internet access. Breakfast is included in the price and is excellent. There is no gym in the hotel, but there is one nearby hence the 4 rather than 5 star rating.

Having stayed at the Europa on previous visits to Belfast, the Raddisson is a much better hotel. There is no way I am going back to the Europa after staying at the Raddisson.

Great Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member ARomantic

My husband and I spend a romantic night away in this hotel and thought it was great. All the staff were very polite and helpful. We had a complimentary upgrade to business class which was a nice surprise. We had a meal in the restaurnt which was first class and breakfast was also good. The hotel did not appear overly busy which made it a very relaxing stay. The room was beautifully decorated and had all the mod cons you need. I would recommend a stay here to anyone.

Beautiful Hotel, wish we had stayed longer

by TripAdvisor Member kjnielsen206

This trip showed that I can book an inexpensive room and find it at a great hotel, hurray for me!
The Radisson was near the train station so we walked but it started raining so that made the walk a bit less than miserable. The hotel was very chic, very modern. Our room was terrific, clean, fancy almost trendy. The restaurant food and service was so so.
Neither of us had been to NI before and US news paints the grimmest scenarios so I honestly expected a war zone. That was not was the case at all. The city was clean, we wished we'd had more time. Ormeau Park was beautiful. Coming to Belfast was a milestone in our travels and this hotel is wonderful.

The best breakfast in our lives!!! Fantastic hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member Sasha_K

Loved it. Stayed in end of Sept in a business suite. It was the only place to stay in Belfast due to a dog show at the time. So had to fork out 120 pounds a night but had the best hotel stay ever. Food was fantastic. Location is central-esque - I'd say about 5 to 10 min walk to town. Did I mention breakfast? There was an endless choice of English breakfast items, as well as fresh fruit, fresh bread and one of the best coffee I've had on our table.

The only downside is that it's pricey but you get what you pay for really. Bar snacks also a bit on the pricey side. Loved the toiletries in the bathroom! I wish all hotels were like Radisson.

Since my stay at Radisson in Belfast I am convinced that I'd rather pay more to have such a satisfactory hotel experience. Husband and I have decided to stick to Radisson from now on where possible.

Worth the money - for the breakfast alone!

James Larkin, orator and unionistJames Larkin, orator and unionist

Belfast from the air.. recognise some sights?Belfast from the air.. recognise some sights?

Parish Church of St Georges - Stained Glass windowParish Church of St Georges - Stained Glass window

Joys EntryJoys Entry

Wrecked van in Cavehill park

by alexCHC

Hi,

I just visited Belfast and was wondering if someone knew what happened with the wrecked van that seems to have fell of the cliff.

Thanks

by thedouglas

Long as its not Van Morrison!

by Maxus

Wrecked or burned-out vehicles are not uncommon in Belfast where joy-riding (taking without owners consent and driving away) is still a popular pastime with some of the local youth. Burning out the vehicle or indeed pusing off a cliff is a common finale.

RE: RE: Wrecked van in Cavehill park

by alexCHC

Thanks for the answer. Greatly appreciated.

by niamhemer

Concur with Maxus, I live in Belfast and unfortunatly, we have our share of anti social behaviour, still loads of good things about this city but.

RE: RE: Wrecked van in Cavehill park

by Maxus

don t get me wrong, I look forward to my trips to Belfast, its a great city...

Comments