Stormont

Booking.com Expedia.com Hotels.com

Costs 30% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• catherineneill's Profile Photo

stormont hotel belfast

great views over stormont estate and parliament buildings. the famous glass elavator, world class conference suites and good meals make the stormont a good choice. in th eleafy suburbs of belfast, with great views of the ards penninsula. you can also use the david lloyd complex nearby for free. and you can pop in and visit me if im around.

• clivedinburgh's Profile Photo

Great for Sunday walks after a big night out.

Stayed here several times when looking after clients. The rooms are all ensuite with and are very comfortable.

The hotel has a large seating area in the reception with a small bar off to the right. Snacks are available from nere but the hotel also has two good restaurants attached (La Scala bistro & Shiraz Restuarant).

The hotel is part of the Hastings Group which own several top hotels (Europa, Culloden, Slieve Donnard) in Northern Ireland.

Unique Quality: Cross the Newtownards Road and you are faced with the long driveway up to Stormont Castle. There are great views over Belfast from the castle and the walk helps blow away any cobwebs from the previous night.

Complimentary access is available to the David Lloyd sports centre which is a few hundred yards alaong the road.

Directions: South side of Belfast on the Upper Newtownards Road opposite Stormont Castle

More about Stormont

very comfortable

by iaint about Stormont Hotel

Well out in the suburbs, and right by the government/parliament buildings.

Very comfortable, although I think I arrived in time to go to bed, and left after an early breakfast! Typical business travel.

It was also convenient for where my conference/exhibition took place. Location - Stormont Castle would be on TV all the time back then, but could just as easily have have been on Mars. It was a bit weird to spend the night right there!

Better than what I thought!!!

by TripAdvisor Member Paul4As

Stayed in this hotel for a weekend in early May 2006. Was attending a wedding. I live in Belfast and have often driven by the Stormont Hotel...looking from the main road it doesn't look too hot...but once you get around the back to the reception it does look impressive!!!
Room was alright...only moan was that the bathroom was tiny...the door to the bathroom is no sooner open than it's hitting the bath!!!
Breakfast was buffet style...OK enough...everything was there that should've been there!!!
The wedding itself...was perfect!!! Food was lovely...and my weird taste in food was catered for...the wedding host from the hotel knew exactly where I was sitting and what special meal had been ordered for me!!!!
Hotel bar had a nice wee cocktail list!!!
Very fussy points...on checking in the reception girl didn't inform me of breakfast times!!!...no mention of times in your hotel room information folder!!! Also no pen in our room...bit hard to write your breakfast to room delivery order without a pen!!!!...though I think I'm being a bit hard here!!!
Overall...I was very impressed with the Stormont Hotel!!!

Outstanding!

by TripAdvisor Member tmarks123

I recently attended an awards lunch at the Stormont Hotel. Having flown from London the night before I was quite tired when I reached the hotel but the warm greeting from the concierege and the efficient reception staff made me feel at ease. Breakfast was great with a large selection of food on offer. The impressive point of the trip was the conference & banqueting facilities. We used the Stormont Suite for the awards lunch. The conference & banqueting manager was superb! The room was immaculately set and the way the whole day was run was a credit to the conference & banqueting manager and his assistant!

Professional and attentive service

Recently attended a conference here and had to stay overnight at the Stormont Hotel. My arrival was handled very professionally considering my time of arrival (from a late arriving flight).

The restaurant was closed when I arrived but room service was available and VERY quick...I had no sooner ordered when they were knocking on my door.....a bit pricey with the additional £5 service charge.

Breakfast was good with a good variety of tasty food on order. The staff at breakfast were polite and helpful....my tea arrived very quickly. I even caught a glimpse of Edwina Curry and if the place is good enough for her then good enough for me!!!

All in all a very positive experience and I would certainly recommend the hotel to others....I suspect it would be great for weddings too.

Large Rooms

by TripAdvisor Member G.Higgins

No complaints about this hotel. Very friendly and helpful staff, while the rooms we had were extraordinarily large considering the money we paid. Whenever we walked around the hotel the cleaning staff warmly said hello and asked if we were ok, something I have never experienced at any other hotel.

The breakfast was also fantastic with more choice that I could cope with or appreciate!

The hotel is situated about ten minutes east of Belfast and there are regular buses from outside the hotel to Belfast city centre. An airport bus to Belfast International Airport runs from the Glengall Street bus station and costs £4.

Very Pleasant

by TripAdvisor Member Particpant

Stayed here on business visit to Belfast, was booked into an Executive room and must say very spacious and pleasant with flat screen television, mini stereo, etc. Suprisingly no mini bar or bottled water in a 4* hotel. It was a Sunday night and food not available in main restaurant but in La Scala Bistro and bar - all very good - no complaints.
Buffet breakfast o.k. - selection extensive but quality not great- slightly overrun by a coach party of tourists who were obviously on-a-mission to stock up for day ahead.
Rate was only £88.00 for room which was v. good value and I would stay here again.

Excellent on every level

by TripAdvisor Member thunderfoot

from the road our first view of the Stormont wasn't inspiring, but once in the very spacious and FREE car park and at the main entrance, everything fell wonderfully into place. We arrived early, straight from a morning flight into city airport, (this has to be one of the closest hotels) and before the room was ready but the staff on reception could not have have done more for us. We were made welcome from the minute we stepped into the hotel, Our bags were stored and we were issused with our room key and instructions on how to get to the excellent David Lloyd fitness centre just a few minutes away. That in itself made our stay, as by being a guest at Stormont you receive a complementary membership. We availed ourselves of the indoor and outdoor pools and had a most enjoyable lunch there. On returning to the hotel we were able to settle into our spacious room. We found everything up to the standard expected from a 4star hotel and the breakfast was the best I have had in any hotel, with ample choice and excellently cooked and presented. The staff we encountered were friendly and very helpfull and I certainly hope to return to the Stormont again.

What a mistake

by TripAdvisor Member Haileylouise

When we arrived n a Saturday aafternoon we found the desk representatives to be friendly but seemedto be inexperienced. The room was another story. The carpet was torn, the `TV not working. It took three phone calls to the front desk over a 45 minute period for someone to repair the TV (we were told that they were busy with a wedding). The bed was lumpy, and the shower moldy. We attempted to have coffee in our the room the following morning and found the carafe to have green water in it from not being cleaned. Sleeping was another story. It was very noisy and we could hear activities in adjacent rooms as well as the bathrooms. What an experience (hopefully never to be repeated) !!!

Comments