15 Brunswick Street, Belfast, BT2 7GE, United Kingdom

Satisfaction Poor

Costs 22% more and rated 22% lower than other 3 star hotels

• EdinburghRoc's Profile Photo

Clean comfy bed Shower/bath

Central close to bus station to/from airport.

Clean cheap; in town.

Unique Quality: Centered in the city close to the Town Hall.

Directions: Three minutes from Bus Station.
    TV-Bath-shower.

• dervish's Profile Photo

great location

this hotel is basic but just perfect for our needs as we only stayed 1 night and all we wanted was a comfy bed that was clean and a shower. it ticks all the boxes in that regard. it is however small and doesnt have a bath but at only £69 for a double room was great value in my opinion. didnt avail of the breakfast opition {at an extra charge} as we decided to have a lie in and had lunch in The Avoca{highly recommended}.very good and central location very near fibber magees and the crown bars.

Unique Quality: handy location near city centre and bus and rail

Directions: beside Robinsons fibber magees

More about Travelodge Belfast City

Clean up your Act

by TripAdvisor Member Ostrea

I stayed here for a couple of nights and while it is central and convenient to the City center, the hotel has little else going for it. In typical Travelodge style it is completely devoid of any atmosphere..ok you dont stay in travelodges for anything other than a bed .. but this place is dismal. The price is certainly not in the bargain category ... but the service and state of the hotel would make you think cheap. I don't like this hotel, from the abrupt reception staff, to the line of pubic hair left in the bath from the previous occupant there was nothing that endeared me to this place. Oh and there is no top sheet on the bed... you are meant to sleep under the duvet which in my case had the aroma of the previous occupant(s) ...I don't want to think about it.

There is no parking available and the on street parking is unsafe in this area... and you have to ensure you have paid from 8am or you will get a parking ticket. There is no breakfast included, you can buy an overpriced voucher for either continental or full breakfast ...I wouldn't bother. Grab a coffee elsewhere!

My colleague who checked in at the same time and made reservation at same time was was charged £10 less per night than me ... some story about the hotel is run like a airline was offered as the reason ??? . When I complained about the dirty bath i got no satisfaction ... no explanation ... no free voucher..nothing!

On the positive side... it is around the corner from The Crown Bar, and there is a really nice Pizza takeaway nearby too ... but take my advice and stay elsewhere!

Great Location!

by TripAdvisor Member Loulabelle44

This hotel is very central and close to bars and shopping. Most of Belfast city centre is walking distance.

The check-in staff were helpful and polite.

The room was in reasonable condition, and was a decent size. It was clean.

Being a city centre, there is quite a lot of noise from the people in the street at the weekends, so light sleepers could be disturbed. We didn't have any issues with it though.

Breakfast was not included in our room rate.

If you are visiting the city on a budget, it is fine. I wouldn't want to spend vast amounts of time in the room, but it was fine as just somewhere to sleep.

absolutley perfect

by TripAdvisor Member martplas1

Me and my wife stayed at the travel lodge on sun 02/12/07 till the 03/12/07. The hotel is ideally situated for the City Centre. The hotel room was very clean, tidy and warm. The staff could not do enough to help and we would return to stay at this hotel in the future.

City Centre Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member oconnorIreland

My wife and I stayed in this hotel on Sat 19 Jan 2008 departing Sun 21 Jan 2008. The hotel was adequate - clean, warm, comfortable bed. Watch out for the shower - difficult to control the water temperature. We were in room 510. This overlooks Blackstaff Square where there is the 'Roxy Nite Club' This stays open weekends until 0200 and if we had known about it in advance we would not have used this hotel, the noise was horrendous and as the hotel was full reception could not relocate us to a quieter room. Otherwise the city centre location is excellent as it is within easy walking distance of shops, resteraunts and some fine, if noisey, pubs - a young persons destination ( we are 60 yrs of age). At £69.00 for one night without breakfast we thought is was a tad expensive. The tea/coffee makeings allowed for only one coffee, one decaff, two teas. (we bought a small jar of nescafe in a local supermarket to supplement these starvation rations).

Great Central Accommodation

by TripAdvisor Member ELILLY1

We had stayed at the Travelodge in Belfast on 19th Januray and we were delighted with what we got. The room was reasonably priced compared to others in Belfast that we tried. The room wasn't the usual Travelodge standard sized room but was adequate for our needs. However, it was the staff that made this hotel fabulous. Nothing was too much trouble. One receptionist offered to help me up to my room with my luggage and booked a restaurant for me.
The location was excellent - right in the city centre.
My only negative comment was that there is no facility to store luggage but I was able to leave it at the nearby welcome centre.

Average budget hotel

by TripAdvisor Member ff82

This hotel is in a great central location, I've stayed a few times with no major problems, rooms are a bit dated & in need of modernisation, wouldn't recommend this hotel for families with young children or older people, the hotel is very noisy on a Fri & Sat night, theres a few pubs very nearby, was fine for our age group (21-25) & would recommend it for those not bothered about a bit of noise and those who are on a budget.

Awful

by TripAdvisor Member chutneyUK

I know what to expect from a Travel Lodge and am under no illusions. This hotel however, was truely awful. It does not justify it's price. The hotel is very dirty. I checked in and went straight back out again as I could not stand to stay in the room any longer than necessary.
I travel alot and I will never ever stay in this hotel again.

Do Not Stay Here!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member lozgibb25

I made a booking for two double rooms over easter weekend, however i have cancelled my booking already.

we are due to arrive in belfast at 8am so we requested an early check in which they were going to charge us for. so i said that we would leave it and leave our bags at the hotel and check in at the normal time, which they informed us that they do not have a luggage room at hotel!!! How Silly!!!

They were then going to charge us to have a late check out as our flight isnt until 10pm at night I asked where we could leave our suitcases before check in and after check out and they informed us that we would have to carry them with us whilst we sightsee or pay for a full nights accomadation of 100 pounds to be able to leave them at the hotel.

Our overall impression before we arrived was that they are not interested in customer satisfaction but just to gain money!!

When i cancelled they werent even bothered why we had cancelled.

Oh well its there loss.