10 Donegal Square South, Belfast, BT1 5JD, United Kingdom

Ten Square
Hotels.com Booking.com Travelocity

• Over-priced, Over-rated

I recently stayed in this hotel as part of a romantic night out and was disappointed in the food, the cleanliness and most of all the staff who were off-hand and rude. This is advertised as a luxury hotel but in my opinion it definitely isn't. You will find more luxury in a Best Western or a travel lodge and much more sensible prices. We booked this hotel after reading amazing rave reviews on another trip advise website and all I can say is that there must be two Ten Square hotels in Belfast or else the hotel cleaners spend their time on the internet bigging the hotel up on review sites instead of cleaning the bathrooms. Not worth even half the price.

More about Ten Square Boutique Hotel

Heroes' Heads

by cwningen

Look out for the carved head of various figures from history including George Washington and Isaac Newton on the side of what is now the Ten Square hotel. The building was built as a linen warehouse in 1862.

Upmarket Bar Food -Good Quality,Reasonable Prices

by henry14 about Ten Square Bar & Grill

We struggled to find somewhere to eat in Belfast centre at 8pm on a Sunday evening, but fortunately the waitress in a restaurant that was just closing when we arrived pointed us in the direction of the nearby Ten Square Hotel Bar & Grill.

We sat in the bar area where there's a good menu at reasonable prices with several vegetarian choices also available. You can look at the menu on the website.

Nice relaxing surroundings in the colonal style bar. The night we visited there was a mixture of tourists and locals. Easy to find at the back of Belfast City Hall (1 mins walk from the Belfast Wheel). Would definitely go here again.

Excellent Hotel

After deliberating over whether to stay at the Malmaisson or Ten Square, we opted for Ten Square and believe we made the right choice.
We were thoroughly impressed by everything, from luxurious comforts in a gorgeous room to attentive waiting staff in restaurant.
The staff were friendly and helpful at reception and restaurant. I think this is the first time we have experienced so much attention to detail in a Belfast hotel.
The double room was spacious and had all the little extras which rate it above the others.
The restaurant meal was great. A restricted menu but what they do..bugers, steaks etc, they do very well.
Although, the restaurant and bar were very busy and the hotel is in the city centre, we did not hear any noise from our room.
We would highly recommend this hotel and hope that it retains its very high standard.

Loved this hotel

by TripAdvisor Member sin-7

We stayed in Ten Square over the Christmas period and I can highly recommend this hotel. The staff are excellent and very friendly and more helpful than any hotel I have ever stayed in around the world. I use this site regularly and book my hotels based on recommendations so I felt I had to write about this hotel. It is centrally located and easy to find and the bar is busy and good fun and the restaurant was great as well. We booked a superior room and it was amazing and the bed was so good we didnt want to leave. So if you are coming to Belfast then stay here, you will not be disappointed.

3 star not 4, not the boutique luxury you are led to expect!

by TripAdvisor Member notheracademic

I booked this hotel as a birthday treat for my partner on New Year 2006 and was sadly disappointed. We paid £100 on a lastminute deal for one night and two people plus (allegedly!) breakfast-if we'd paid the £160 plus normal rate we'd have been outraged.

This could be a fantastic hotel, the location is right in Belfast City centre, the building is lovely and the interior design is modern and funky. However it's poorly maintained. As earlier reviewers have already noted, the carpets are dirty, bathrooms have mildew on tiles, shower-curtains are stained, water-pressure is variable, lights are broken, dvd players don't work. Fine dining is not available as the Porcelain restaurant has now shut. The bar-type snacks available in the Grill room are unimaginative, poorly cooked (microwaved?) and grudgingly served. The "handcut" chips/fries deserve a special mention as they were the pre-cooked and re-heated kind you'd expect to get at 1am from a chinese takeaway (and even then you'd have to be really drunk to eat them!).

Check-in is not until 3pm, we arrived earlier and were told we could "go off and come back later" but could leave our luggage with front desk. Arriving back two hours later, we found the bags still sitting unattended and insecure with some others in the lobby... Parking is available-at extra cost, in a public carpark 15 minutes walk away (Beware it's shut on Sundays and bank holidays!). No pool or fitness suite. No beauty/spa treatments available in house although if you do your research before-hand you can book these locally. Do NOT expect to find the staff helpful or the information provided to you to be accurate. We found that the special meal deals advertised on the hotel website (and phone-line)-apparently didn't exist and although we were told brekfast was available till 12pm -apparently it wasn't. We complained but found that front desk and bar staff were unsure themselves when breakfast actually was served. It was probably for the best though as I'm not sure I could face the gruesome Grill Again!

This hotel believes its own hype and would like you believe it too, DON'T! Ten Square should have a 3 star rating rather than 4, it is in NO WAY a luxury hotel and the staff and management should take a good hard look at themselves and start listening to what paying customers say. Instead they choose to liberally sprinkle glossy mag reviews of Ten Square over every flat surface in the hotel in the hope you'll believe the advertising instead of the reality....

A pleasure!

by TripAdvisor Member mb3

We stayed in Ten Square,we where attending "Miss Sigon" at the opera house,which is only a short walk from the hotel. My wife and I had a fabulous time.The doorman William was an absolute gentleman,organised our parking and showed us to our room.
The receptionist, Julie Ann,was very friendly, and you felt that she had known you for a long time.
The rooms are very modern with dark wood furniture.the mini bar is very well stocked,every thing you would want, cork screw, Sensation crisp's crisps.The only negitive is the T.V.It let's the image down.There are not enough stations and it should be a plasma screen.However,the bed and pillow's are fabulous,easily the most comfortable bed i have ever slept in.
The hotel has a lively busy bar with a great atmosphere,and good music,which meant that after the show it was a great spot to return too.
Breakfast in the morning was excellent,freshly cooked fry,freshly squeezed orange juice,friendly service.You couldn't ask for better.The hotel is within walking distance to all the major shop's.For all you keen shopper's. Oh, parking is on the street and is metered from 8am to 6pm,as i recall. (25p for every 15 min's).If you leave your keys at reception they will pay the parking in the morning, and you re-imburse them.Enjoy your stay.I know we did, and will definitely be going back.

Two Nights in June

by TripAdvisor Member CAStein

Stayed two nights in June of this year. Pleasant reception though my room was not ready for my morning arrival. Spent a couple of hours in the breakfast room / bar reading.

The main restaurant area was apparently under renovation so this was a noisy distraction. But restaurant service was attentive.

Being the weekend, this part of Belfast was eeerily quiet at night. Better options can be found closer to the university.

My room overlooked "city hall" and was very large and nicely furnished in a minimalist / oriental style. Except for the bed which had countless pillows. Hallways are very dark.

Overall, a positive review!

Give me a break......

I stay in this hotel at least once a month and am apalled at the previous review. This is my first choice of Hotel in the City and has been for almost 7 months now. Why? I get an excellent corporate rate, although more than the lastminute rate it is still very good value. The service is second to none and i can say that i am at home whilst in this hotel. It is truely the only hotel in the uk i enjoy and look forward to staying in. I feel safe and comfortable, which is not easy to get when you are a business lady travelling alone all the time! I find it hard to sleep at most of the hotels i stay in but on my first night here i was supplied with Molton Brown lavender spray for my pillow to help me sleep. From this time onwards i have never stayed elsewhere and each time they prove, to me that they are the best in the business. My company also uses the Hotel for functions and for dining and we have never been anything other than thrilled with the experieince each and everytime. I was there just last month for our anual Christmas Party and it was sublime.

Pure and simple, this is one of the best hotels in the UK, if not the world.

New Year Eve break

by TripAdvisor Member grantoboyle

Seen the review from the person who had also stayed New Year and had a totally different experience.

We had the romance package in the basic room on New Years Eve. When we arrived, the very courtious staff told us that our room would be ready in 20mins and for us to have a drink while we waited. When we came back they had already taken our bags to the room and had the Bottle of Champagne on Ice waiting for us with rose petals sprinkled on our room with chocolate truffles!!.

I found the room to be very well though out and was ideal for a romantic night away. I did notice that the bathroom did show signs of fatigue and mildew but it was not that bad. We had dinner in the Grill and found the staff to be very friendly. The only down side to the night was a bizarre run in with a member of the bar staff who's customer skills let him down, the manager apologised for his behaviour and later sent up a bottle of champagne to make amends (We didn't complain!!)

Overall we really enjoyed our stay and would recommend it.

Dining in Belfast

by Mardai24

Hi folks, I posted a question a while back about restaurants in Belfast and I got some good responses. Unfortunately, when I tried to book many advised that they would have their Christmas menu on and were booked for the night of Sat, Dec 4th. Ten Square incl. So, we're back to square 1. Anyone know any decent Chinese Restaurants in Belfast City Centre that won't break the bank? Cheers and thanks in advance.

Re: Dining in Belfast

by clivedinburgh

I used the Red Panda restaurants in both the Odyssey Arena and in Victoria St. Pleasant, efficient staff with some good food.

Re: Dining in Belfast

by Mardai24

Cheers, thanks very much for that. Will check it out.

Comments