Coleraine Hotels

• richard4 profile photo richard4
  • Reviews: 67

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

The Lodge Hotel & Travel Stop: A Hotel in Coleraine

My Stay at the Lodge Hotel for the most part was OK,given I was out most of the day I only really spent any real time in my room in the evening.
The Hotel is approx 15 minutes normal walking time from the town centre,and about 20 min to the Bus/Train station,the route you take is basically a big straight line so you can't get lost.

GOOD POINTS
Decent breakfast,a full Irish or cereal,tea toast,juice,fruit,what you'd expect for the money your paying.
Big rooms - my room was massive for just one, with a single & a double bed,with tea & coffee making in the rooms.
The room is accessed via a key card slot in the door,which is very common nowadays.

BAD POINTS
To be fair the ONLY major issue I came across was the after effects of SMOKING!,the room I was in room 203 in the Travel Stop, had at sometime in it's life clearly been a room used by smokers,whilst now non smoking,the room smelled of tobacco the second I walked in the door,opening a window aired out the room fine,but the second you closed it,the smell came back,I expect the carpets and everything in the room had absorbed all that stink and the only way to get rid would be to rip the fittings out and start anew.
When I awoke every morning my mouth was like an ashtray,but as I say I was out all day so I was not going to let it ruin things.

SO WHY DIDN'T I COMPLAIN ?
I was only there for 3 days and I spent little time in the room, so I just didn't think it would be that major a thing, as long as the window was open it was fine!,if I'd been there a week then yes.

My room rate at time of travel was £63 a night inc breakfast,oddly it's also £63 without.

On my return to England, the very next morning, I AWOKE WITH A NASTY THROAT INFECTION,clearly the tobacco fumes had opened the door to a cheap infection,coupled with the recycled air on the plane during my return flight to give me this.
CHEERS.

While I cannot heap all the blame on the hotel,I am annoyed that I am now unwell.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Historical Travel, Beaches, Family Travel
  • Written May 5, 2007
Tip Photo

The Lodge Hotel, Coleraine

• timtregenza profile photo timtregenza
  • Reviews: 470

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

The Lodge Hotel: Medium sized hotel with family rooms

Hotel with bar and decent food. Very popular for weddings.

A 56 bedroom hotel situated near Coleraine town centre which offers a choice of room only and bed and breakfast accommodation. The Lodge Hotel is located 15 minutes drive from the Giants Causeway which is one of Ireland's main tourist attractions and nearby on the Causeway Coast a wealth of activities are provided, which include fishing and golfing.

• Opinion of Price: about average