Belfast Road, Killyhevlin, Enniskillen, BT74 6RW, United Kingdom
Booking.com Orbitz.com Priceline.com

More about Killyhevlin Hotel

Congratulations on being one of NI best Hotels

by TripAdvisor Member TKBELFAST

I had planned to write and thank the management and staff of the Killyhevlin Hotel after our two night stay a few weeks ago, but never got around to it.

But tonight I sat down to relax in front of the TV for a well deserved break :o) and to my surprise and happyness I tuned into a TV show called "Ultimate Ulster" that gave the Killyhevlin Hotel a well deserved rating as the second best Hotel in Northern Ireland.

I am glad the Ulster public and my friend have great taste, as she recommended I treat my grumpy boyfriend to a weekend away in Fermanagh at the Hotel. (Some great pubs aswell, check out the Hollow).

He works long hours and has a very stressfull job, so you can imagine his delight when he got to sit in a luxury outdoor jucuzzi and then share a beautiful room for two nights with yours truely. (Even with a day of rain, the view's where amazing)

So well done to the Killyhevlin Hotel on their brilliant recognition and I am glad I thanked you publically, as my boyfriend is not so grumpy any more, and it really did help our relationship.

How does that old saying go!
First the......
Second the Best :o)

terribly mismanaged!

by TripAdvisor Member IrelandMerlin

what a potential this place would have if only:
-they were not understaffed!
-the head of the restaurant would be replaced by his much better mannered and knowledgable indian waiter(who is pleasant and trying his best for each guest!he had to take some harsh and unjustified loud words of the head of the restaurant while standing in the middle of the bar-area!)
-the food would be not as mediocre and unimaginative and not as usually drowned in sauce or gravy!
-the staff in the leisure center would be more attentive and focused rather than being busy talking to each other.my wife also questioned the qualification and experience of some employees in the beauty parlor!
all in all a poor effort,soon to be punished with the new golf hotel to be opened this year at the lower lough erne!

Very pleasant

by TripAdvisor Member wnsjn

I stayed for just one night whilst in the area on business. I would have loved to have stayed for the week.
My room overlooked the Lough and the view was lovely. The room was very comfortable and spacious, i slept very well.
The reception staff were friendly and approachable.
I took dinner in the a la carte restaurant and the food was delicious.
My choice of dessert was not available and the waitress went out of her way to find me a similar choice.
I am hoping to return to the Killyhevlin in the autumn with friends to enjoy a weekend break and i'm really looking forward to it.

Horrible, Horrible Hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member MakePieNotwar

If you want to see rude staff, stay at the Killyhevlin! They're awful! I remember being asked by a waiter [after waiting 20 minutes to get an order taking even though they saw us sitting there] "What do you want?!" In a very impolite tone. The decor was also awful, extremely dated.
Thoughts of the dinner I had at the Killyhevlin still make me sick. It was a carvery restaurant but the food was cold and didn't taste very fresh.
What annoyed me most about the Killyhevlin was the fact that I asked for a comment card, filled it out and put it in the comment box, expecting to be sent an apologetic letter from the management. Two months on, I still haven't got one.
The Killyhevlin is a shambles of a hotel and it boggles my mind as to how it's four star, it doesn't even deserve one star!!
Look, I could go on all day trying to tell you how bad this place is but I'm just going to say this: DONT STAY HERE!!

Let Down!

by TripAdvisor Member Badlands1978

Our overall experience of this hotel was that we were left feeling unsatisfied.

My husband and I paid £140 for a room that was clearly in need of repair and updating. Obviously at the older end of the hotel we had to climb a creaky, musty smelling staircase to reach it. Unfortunately it smelt like an old people’s home! We were overlooking the car park on the first floor and so the noise at the front of the hotel meant that we were unable to sleep.

Certainly the hotel is set in beautiful grounds and the breakfast was adequate but this hotel is definitely overpriced. We paid the same amount as people who were in the fully modern and updated rooms! We wouldn’t recommend it.

Unlucky dip

by TripAdvisor Member AMIUNLUCKY

Booked in advance for an overnight stay to attend a wedding . The type off room can range from old to new but the price is the same as i found when talking to other guests and then going to see there rooms.WE STAYED IN WHAT LOOK ED LIKE A BARN CONVERSION,YELLOWING PAINT/DULL DECOR ETC.OVERPRICED FOR THIS TYPE OF ROOM.UNLUCKY !

what a lovely experiance!

by TripAdvisor Member foxyladyxo

Although our stay was nearly a year ago I thought after reading some poor comments that I should leave a comment about our stay at the kilyhevlin.

my husband and I stayed there early last september after getting married in scotland we decided to go to enniskillen for afew days of quiet relaxation alone. we were met at reception by very friendly and helpfull staff. on going to our room we realised that we had been given a key to the main suite...what a wonderful room overlooking the lough with wonderfull views and many more extras to make our stay enjoyable.

The thing is we had booked a standard room and management had actually upgraded us for free to the honeymoon suite as they knew we were newly married. I thought this was a wonderfull gesture and we were very much appreciative of it. we had the best time and the food was superb!compliments to the chef!. the leisure facilities were great in particular the outside hot tub!.

we would most definately stay again and were actually planning to go back on tuesday for our anniversary but unfortunately the special offer we want is fully booked!!this just shows that many people want to stay at the killyhevlin!!.
mr&mrs D!

RIP OFF,OVER RATED BIG TIME

by TripAdvisor Member YankeeD

Wife & I stayed in a lot of hotels around the world, but sadly this was a let down. After all the talking up of this hotel to be the 2nd best in Ulster, my God this does not say much for the rest. 1. Chicken on evening meal was Solid. and little of anything else on the plate.2. The room, after we walked a mini marathon to find it, was very basic for a so called 4* hotel. Clean but basic, No mini bar, old telly I had to use a book to prop it facing the bed or it spun around facing the window. not even a bottle of water in the room. 3. This was the rip off, after a function we attended, about a dozen people went to the residents bar where the barman was not happy to be disturbed, he even kept lights off so we sat in the dark, but not shy about charging almost £9 for 2 volka & lemonade. 4. next morning we came down for breakfast @ 10.15am, but as we thought it was over @ 10am. the girl @ the desk offered us a continental breakfast but after waiting for 10-15 mins nobody came to serve us, so we left. Stayed in a lot better for a lot cheaper. Never Again. DONT DO IT

Great Hotel -Shame about the Showers!

Stayed with a party of friends for a Christmas Dinner Party Night weekend.

The rooms are excellent especially those with balconies overlooking Lough Erne. The dinner was excellent -way above average for a Christmas carvery -as was the breakfast.

The band providing the music were fantastic.

The only downside of the whole experience were the someahat pathetic showers in the en suitei.e

Anyone taller than 5' 6" would have to bend down as the shower is fixed to the wall far too low and can't even be angled!

When you turned the control to hot the pressure virtually disappeared.

Taking into account the general standards of the hotel we could hardly believe that such a basic facility was so poor. Come on Killyhevlin -get the plumbers in!

Good Family Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member coco40

We stayed in January with our 2 children who are both under 10.The location on a lake is beautiful. The hotel is in a good location for touring enniskilllen and surrounding areas.

Check in was very quick and smooth. The room which was a new one was large with 2 double beds. Beds are quite hard. The bathroom is large and excellent for a family ,as there is a separate shower. There were very few hotel toiletries provided, 1 bath gel for a family or 4 seemed a little stingy! There was an abundance of shoe shine and shower caps- a little unneccesary. I was surprised to see no mini-bar in the room. I asked for a fridge but the hotel are unable to supply one.

The leisure centre within the hotel has a gym, pool and beauty salon. We used the pool every day as our children loved it. There is also a jacuzzi. steam room and sauna. Outside for adult use only is a hot tub which was very refreshing on a freezing January afternoon! I had a facial in the beauty salon which was very good , however there is quite a hard sell for products at the end. Be prepared to say no if you don't want anything.

We had Dinner on one evening in Silks restaurant. The quality of both the food and service was excellent. There is a very good childrens menu with a great choice, not just the usual burger and chips.

The hotel staff are very helpful and friendly. On a previous visit we had problems with staff unable to understand English which had been a problem for us each time we contacted reception. This situation appears to have changed for the better .

Overall we had a great time in a comfortable hotel. I would recommend this hotel to familes but perhaps for couples the new Lough Erne Golf Hotel may be an option. We visited it and are looking forward to staying some time soon.

Comments