Belleek Road, Enniskillen, BT93 7ED, United Kingdom

Costs 39% less than similarly rated 5 star hotels

More about Lough Erne Golf Resort

Outstanding

by TripAdvisor Member BelfastBeks

We have just returned from a short break at the Lough Erne Resort. Having stayed in hotels all over the world I am proud to say that this Northern Ireland hotel tops the lot !!!

The hotel is finished to a very high standard and has the wow factor with a huge bathroom and every possible comort you could ever imagine. Whilst this will be a 5 star resort (once it has been officially graded) it was not to stuffy. The staff have been trained to a very high level and cater for your every need without being to intrusive.

Breakfast was excellent with a good choice. On our first night we had dinner in the bar and were amazed when the waiter produced a crisp white linen table cloth and napkins. The first time we have ever had silver service in a bar !!! On the second evening we dined in the hotel restaurant and once again the food was excellent. The food was definately fine dining and whilst the portions were small you did not leave the table hungry.

Our only complaint was that when we intially booked with the hotels website we asked was it essential to pre book spa treatments. We never received a response to this e-mail and when we went to book some treatments once we arrived we were told that they were fully booked. Therefore I would suggest that it would be a good idea to pre book before arrival.

However the pool and jacuand steam room made up for not being able to get spa treatments.

This hotel is designed for the wealthy American market and I have no doubt the prices will rise in the future to reflect this. We got an excllent deal at £95 for 2 nights B&B and on evening meal and if this offer is repeated in the future I would urge you to snap it up.

Having previously stayed in both the Manor House and Killyhevlin and enjoyed our stay in both we were amazed at how much better the Lough Erne Golf Resort is. Both will need to considerably raise their game to compete with this place.

Providing the prices do not rise considerably we will be back.

Fermanagh at its best

by TripAdvisor Member PaulaBelfast

We stay in Enniskillen often and have to admit the Lough Erne Golf Resort has raised the standard of hotel accommodation in Co Fermanagh and puts this hotel up there with the best in Northern Ireland. The hotel decor is lovely with traditional furnishings, log fires, crystal chandeliers, lots of large comfy sofas everywhere to sit and relax. The setting is beautiful right on the shores of Castlehume Lough, and situated in a most scenic part of Lough Erne, and when the Nick Faldo golfcourse opens in September 2008 the resort will be a great place to holiday. Our bedroom was everything we wanted with a lakeview and all the little special touches such as fluffy bathrobes, slippers, chocolates, flatscreen tv, etc. The bathroom has a claw footed bath, large shower cubicle and of course the essential toilettries. There are suites dotted around the grounds shaped liked mini round towers which look intriguing. The hotel staff are friendly. I didnt use, but had a look at the Thai spa and pool area which are gorgeous - will definitely use them when I return. The only small gripe was in the restaurant for dinner on our first night, just hope it is a teething problem, the restaurant is decorated well but the service and food could do with some improvement although in the second evening we ate at the bar and have no complaints at all in fact we were very well looked after. Breakfast was good with a very enjoyable full Irish fry-up of course! When we were there the hotel was very busy but that in no way detracted from an enjoyable stay.

Best Hotel In Fermanagh... and beyond!

by TripAdvisor Member Stuartyboy

We have just returned from a most excellent stay at the Lough Erne Golf Resort and Spa. As soon as we arrived we were treated like royalty; very friendly check in experience, bags taken to our room by bell boy and very professional staff throughout in every area of the hotel.

The rooms are so opulent, Highlights include a gigantic bed, flatscreen tv, stand alone bath and separate shower which is very rare. The attention to detail is very obvious from the personalised shoe horns to fancy chocolates upon returning from dinner.

The food is also a highlight. We had dinner last night in the catalina restaurant and it was just perfect. We had booked DBB which worked out well. Prepare for posh food though; guinea fowl, duck etc. Don't be expecting burgers and chips. The bar menu is also lovely and there are a range of dishes available. I found it a little too formal though for the bar setting. The hot selections were a bit formal for me. Another writer commented on the white table linen in the bar area. I am still musing over whether this is appropriate or not. I felt it could be a little more informal for the bar setting and less high filuting.

The surrounding scenery is breathtaking. You should take a dander around the golf course. Stunning views. The spa and pool are great too. Beautifully designed with set hours for the kiddies (even though there was a child in the pool outside these hours this didn't spoil our experience).

My advice is book now before everyone finds out. Next time we are going to book one of the lodges which are as equally stunning. Pure luxury in fact as we had a look around one of them. Perfect for two couples looking a relaxing break.

We are home refreshed and revitalised. Simply wonderful.

Most comfortable

by TripAdvisor Member Bigladlot

Most comfortable new hotel.
Wonderful rooms with every possible comfort, slippers,dressing gowns, umbrellas and even binoculars to look at the bird and wildlife over the lough.
Turn down service in rooms. Fabulous gym, pool, jacuzzi,steam room and sauna.
I've not yet tried the spa treatments.
The food is good, but not superb and the service is just a little lacking.
The staff are friendly and helpful and even remembered my name from previous visit.
It is a new hotel and can only improve on an already very good experience.

A Fabulous week-end getaway

by TripAdvisor Member TheBish

Stayed for a week-end break at the resort and it was certainly the best stay I have had at any hotel in Ireland. It really is amazing how they have taken a new hotel and made it look like a country house hotel which has been there for years!

As our party consisted of two couples, we stayed in a 2 bedroom lodge which turned out to be an excellent choice. It was a short walk to the main building but featured two huge round bedrooms with extremely comfortable beds and a featherdown duvet. There was also a fabulous bathroom with claw-footed bath and separate shower. In addition there was a separate sitting area downstairs with sofas, dining table and kitchen area plus great views of the lake and lots of natural light.

You could cook and eat in if you really wanted to, but the food in the hotel is so good it seems such a waste not to partake. We ate full Irish breakfast in the Catalina restaurant both mornings which was a buffet with an excellent choice of hot and cold items. We also had dinner in the restaurant and both the food and service were excellent. All we seemed to do over the week-end was eat and we also partook of the afternoon tea in the drawing room one afternoon, but you need to be very hungry, so I would recommend one between two or three people.

The ladies in the party took advantage of some treatments in the Thai Spa and they came back awarding them 10/10. We took note of a previous review and pre-booked the treatments before we arrived but I would recommend you do this as early as you can to get a time that suits. We also enjoyed the swimming pool, steam room and Jacuzzi.

I wouldn't hesitate in going back and hope to soon!

Over rated!!

by TripAdvisor Member philips_2008

The hotel is very grand on the exterior and in general nice but found our experience didnt live up to our expectations. It felt very much like the staff were inexperienced. Food was ok but very over priced. We travel alot and have stayed in many high end hotels but unfortunetly we found this hotel very over rated. They seem to have got the decor but it ends there. Overall just ok!

just perfect

by TripAdvisor Member step27

stayed for 1 night to celebrate our 15th wedding anniversary and everything about this hotel is "just perfect"

I booked directly with the hotel - reservation staff were efficient and helpful. Before arriving I needed to contact the hotel a couple of times (our son was ill and we were not sure whether we could travel) and again all staff spoken to were understanding and helpful.

On arrival we were impressed by the friendliness of reception staff and on arriving in our room (lake view superior) not only were we thoroughly impressed with the standard, style, attention to detail and cleaniness but we, and especially my wife, were particularly impressed with the anniversary treats - chocolates and fruit (promised when I first made the booking).

We took some time to explore the public areas of the hotel and found them warm and inviting - the decor, quality and style of the furnishings, ambience, etc are all "top notch". Views from the public rooms out to the greens and lake beyond are beautiful.

Particularly impressed with the Gordon Wilson library - a fitting tribute and a beautiful peaceful place to read and get away from the business of everyday life.

Also spent some time exploring the grounds. Again these have been well thought out and the paths and views are well worth a dander.

Had dinner in the Catalina restaurant - set dinner (with choices) was excellent, topped off wonderfully by the chef's anniversary dessert treat.

Staff in the restaurant were very friendly in all the right ways - chatty, but not too chatty, took an interest in our visit, made recommendations, etc. In fact all staff that we met during our stay smiled, greeted us and made us feel welcome.

Next morning had booked us into the Thai spa - the Open Mind treatment was devine and, in my view, well worth every penny.

Rounded our stay off with afternoon tea in the Library (make sure you only order one tea per two persons!).

Overall we were very impressed with the hotel, our bedroom, the public rooms, food, grounds etc, etc, and honestly could not fault any aspect of our stay. But above all we were most impressed by the friendliness of all the staff, by their professionalism and approach and with their contribution to an anniversary treat which was "just perfect".

Book now - and go enjoy!

Will I be back???

by TripAdvisor Member NITraveller

Just back from a 2 night break at this hotel. My wife and I are regulars to this area but first time at this hotel (not long opened) Very impressive entrance to the hotel which is situated behind Castle Hume Golf Course about 5 miles outside Ennskillen. Easy and pleasant check in by local staff and our room was described as Superior Double. (I think they call everything superior). The room was sizeable and everything you would want,though no mini bar (empty fridge). But I have been in better!! We ate out of the hotel on the first night (Scoffs in Ennskillen. Recommended) and had breakfast in the hotel which is buffet and bit of a free for all. There are two restaurants in the hotel one dear and the other very dear though the food looks good.

There is a respectable bar Blaney's , though drink is a bit dearer than normal and seating is limited. We had a Spa Treatment each, which was relaxing and had very friendly staff. There is a pool, sauna, steam room as well. Pool not very big. The staff were mostly local and friendly. We ate at the Castle Hume club house on our second night and I would suggest that you do not order from the bar snack menu and go for the restaurant menu.

Checking out was a queue and a few including myself had incorrect items on bills. Mine was a £56.00 lunch.

To conclude the hotel is brand new and lovely décor and surroundings, but it didn't do it for me.

Will I be back??? Probably yes, but only if the Manor House is full!!!!

Great Weekend Gettaway

by TripAdvisor Member AJ49

I stayed in the Lough Erne Hotel recently.....It has to rate as probabbly one of the best hotels that I have stayed in Ireland...definitely 5 star. All the furnishings are luxurious, both in the room and around the hotel...the staff were excellent...mostly Irish which makes a change for hotels these days. Spa & pool area were excellent...pool a bit on the small side but only a minor gripe. I noted an earlier reviewers comments about the bar area, which was still quite formal & I agree...but again it depends what you looking for. One tip for those going for a weekend is to book a table in the restaurant in advance as it was booked out. In my opinion, it is not a great place for kids, as the pool is small & not much else for kids to do at this stage...ideal location for couples though. The golf course apparently will not be ready til next year...I`m sure the prices will go up by then......my advice is go now before it gets too expensive.

probably the best hotel ever

by TripAdvisor Member rayBelfast

i really cannot begin to tell people how brilliant this hotel is, the grounds are immaculate, the hotel is very imposing and the huge reception all go towards creating the right impression, on arrival we were upgraded to a junior suite, things just kept getting better and better, the room was very luxuorious and the bathroom was the best ive ever seen in a hotel, the sevice from reception through the bar, housekeepers, spa and resturant staff just could not have been any better, this is a hotel which wants its guest to have a memorable stay, i have recommended this hotel to so many people and they all agree

Comments