Fermanagh Hotels

Our Members Say

• DAO profile photo DAO
  • Reviews: 3692

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

BELMORE COURT: MOTEL & HOTEL - GREAT CHOICE!

The Belmore Court and Motel is a great place to stay in Enniskillen. It’s actually 2 places in one. I booked the Belmore because I wanted to cook for myself and keep my business expenses down. In fact it was the first time I have ever seen accommodation advertised as a Motel in the UK. When I arrived I was offered an ‘upgrade’ to the Hotel part of the Belmore. I have to admit that the Hotel rooms looked so great, especially the bathrooms, that I temporarily forgot that I wanted to cook for myself. So I declined and was shown to the front building and the Motel side of the Belmore Court. The bedroom looked nice and had a comfy bed and an adjacent desk. The kitchen was small, but efficient. It had plenty of pots, pans, cutting knives, utensils and other appropriate gadgets. It also has a small stove top and over. It also had an iron and ironing board. The bathroom was modern, but plain.

I then set off to the very large grocery store nearby (open until 6pm Sundays and 24 hours most days) to collect my groceries. When I got back I found that the kitchen was sufficient to do the job. They had even left me with some washing-up liquid to clean up my dishes. The fridge was very good sized and I was able to enjoy some ice cold beer from it throughout.

I managed to have a nice sleep as it gets quiet at night in the area. The very effective black-out curtains did the job as well.

What most impresses me about the Belmore is that they followed up with me. They emailed and posted a questionnaire to me asking how they could improve and what I thought. They also let me know about the Christmas parties and meals they had. This is a very well run accommodation, offering something for everyone and serving with a smile. It’s also well located if you don’t mind a reasonable walk to all Enniskillen has to offer.

Because the Belmore is both a Motel and Hotel, I have divided the features by the separate accommodations on offer.

MOTEL ROOMS:
• Mini Kitchen (except the basic rooms)
• Full assortment of kitchen items
• Ensuite with towels and toiletries
• 30 minutes free Wi-Fi
• Desk
• Closet, iron, ironing board
• A 2-story suite for 6 people and full kitchen (telephone reservations only)
• Continental style breakfast

HOTEL ROOMS:
• Superior and Executive rooms and suites
• Very nice bathrooms
• Free Wi-Fi
• IPod docking station clock radio
• Coffee/tea facilities
• Ensuite
• 30 minutes free Wi-Fi
• Desk
• Closet, iron, ironing board
• Executive rooms have an ironing centre and Nespresso coffee machine
• Continental style breakfast

Belmore Court Facilities:
• Free car parking
• Business meeting facilities (up to 40 people)
• Free maps and local information (the staff are excellent!)
• Dinner packages for 4 nearby restaurants
• Free coffee in the lobby

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Family Travel, Women's Travel, Road Trip
  • Written August 19, 2012
Tip Photo

BELMORE COURT - ENNISKILLEN

• oneonta_ni profile photo oneonta_ni
  • Reviews: 401

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Corralea Forest Lodge: Our favourite escape!

It is about GBP22 per person per night. There are only 4 rooms and each one has a view of Lough MacNean and a patio with sliding door. The property is on several acres and there is a small population of roe deer which roam the site. The owner, Mrs Cattrell is very nice and she is very happy to offer tea and homemade biscuits (cookies) in the sitting room. You can wander the grounds or hire a boat to fish in the lough (apparently it is a great place for pike). This is a fantastic place if you want to have a very quiet peaceful break from your travel.

Sadly, Mr Cattrell died recently and I don't know how much longer Mrs Cattrell will keep the B&B open.

This photo is of the view from the rooms - yes, we do have palm trees in Northern Ireland!

Very much off the beaten path but still close to all the sites in Fermanagh. It is also close to counties Donegal, Tyrone and Leitrim.

• Opinion of Price: about average