De Vere Mottram Hall Hotel

Wilmslow Road, Mottram St. Andrew, Prestbury, Cheshire, SK10 4QT, United Kingdom
De Vere Mottram Hall
Expedia.com Hotels.com Booking.com

More about De Vere Mottram Hall Hotel

Great Wedding Venue

I recently had my wedding reception at De Vere Mottram Hall Hotel and have nothing but praise for the staff, service, quality of food and rooms. Everything was taken care of as planned and nothing was too much trouble. This hotel really is a lovely place for a wedding- the setting is stunning and we have perfect wedding photos for our memories.
We have received lots of great comments from family and friends who shared the day with us.
I recommend the lakeview terrace suite for thye bride and groom. Its very spacious with patio doors out to a terrace area with table/chairs overlooking the gardens and lake.

Thanks to Mottram Hall our wedding day was the best day of our lives.

Beautiful Property

by TripAdvisor Member travelchatter

I was at the Mottram Hall hotel for business in early July. It was during the heat wave, so the hotel room was a bit too warm for my liking b/c they don't have air conditioning. It did cool down enough at night and in the morning, luckily I wasn't in my room all day long! The room itself was clean and modern. The staff was nice and the food was good. The property and common areas were gorgeous! I highly recommend eating at the Leigh Arms in downtown Prestbury. It's a gorgeous pub with excellent fare! The town is very cute as well!

Ignore the bad reviews

As you drive up the tree lined path to the hotel, it looks absolutely gorgeous. We stayed in a standard double room,and it was imaculate. Very comfy bed, and loved having the fridge in the room to store drinks etc. The grounds are beautiful, lovely for taking a stroll. The leisure facilities could do with updating, but are more than adequate. The only thing i would have a little moan about would be the breakfast trays still left in the corridors at 6pm the same evening! Other than that, a lovely hotel for a romantic getaway.

Very pleasant

by TripAdvisor Member Jaytraveller

As others have said, it is indeed impressive, the tree lined drive, skirting the golf course with the Hall in the distance. Check in was quick, efficient, but somewhat impersonal. A nice cheerfull concierge navigated me along a maze of corridors to a very acceptable looking double room, spotless with all one would expect from a 4 star hotel. I would say it was recently refurbished as all new. The only problem was the warmth, with only a small window that opened, still a welcomed electric fan was at hand in the room.

Providing that you take the corridors as an adventure, the hotel is pleasant, with a leisure centre,snooker room, tennis court, kiddies play area, lovely gardens and woods to walk through and a golf course. The hotel is in a green and leafy setting between Wilmslow and Macclesfield, so easy to access the airport and Manchester.

I noticed mixed reviews, it is easy to understand, its location and setting make it advantageous for business, weddings and the airport, De Vere naturally make use of this. So you see a fair share of non residents at weddings, conferences and with leisure club memberships, so this swells the hotel at times.

But if you want to combine shopping in Manchester with the beautiful Cheshire countryside
then this is not bad. Just have a good sense of direction and the ability to climb stairs......but all in all it is a nice hotel and I enjoyed my stay, and would use it again rather than stay in a city hotel.

Awful

The grounds of the hotel are stunning but this is the only positive.

We arrived and went straight down to the restaurant for lunch. The chicken hadn't been cooked through properly, with pink bits in the middle and it was processed. The bread rolls had been warmed in the microwave but not for long enough and so were both frozen in the middle.

The bedroom was ok, needed a lot of work doing to it, very shabby but nice big bathroom and shower.

We ordered breakfast the following morning to the room which took over an hour, it then arrived and was ice cold so sent it all back.

Don't stay at this hotel you will be very very sorry. There are much better hotels in the area with much better reviews.

If you want to be ripped off, this is the place.

by TripAdvisor Member Chrissie77

This hotel could have it all. The setting is lovely and it does have lots of facilities. However the staff are awful, seemed like they had no training at all. Did not even know their way around the hotel.

Very small rooms for the amount they charge and no bathrobes. Drinks were a total rip off and bar staff did not even know how to make a spritzer. White wine was not chilled and so they put ice in it!!

Breakfast was cold, someone meant to be cooking eggs to order could not even cook them properly, either burnt or runny.

Chaos was the only way to describe the whole experience and to add insult to injury we had valuable items go missing from 2 rooms and management did nothing about it.

I would say to avoid at all costs.

not as bad as people are making out! honest!

by TripAdvisor Member missile

i agree that this hotel does have a lovely drive up to it but is admittedly nicer from the outside than some aspects of inside.

i cant comment on the standard rooms being too basic and small as myself and partner had paid in advance for an upgraded room which was definitley worth it. it was fab! (apart from the curtain pole coming off the wall when my partner went to shut the curtain! however, the handyman was straight up, despite it being a saturday evening.) the best feature was probably bathroom; by the sonuds of things prob bigger than the standard rooms! it had massive bath and seperate amazing power shower with a variety of different jets! the room was huge and had a lovely canopy bed, seperate living area, etc.

the staff were excellent from start to finish; reception, managers and restaurant staff very efficient and helpful.

leisure facilities were a bit small and dated, room for improvement, but seen as that wasnt why we booked the hotel, it wasn't an issue.

the only slight downside of this hotel was the food; dinner was included in our deal, with the set menu being a bit basic for a hotel such as this and in comparison to its sister hotel - Carden Park, nr Chester, was poor. the food that we did have was very nice, but not much vareity or imagination with the menu. brekkie was good, can't complain.

so my advice, woudl be try this hotel, but maybe pay the extra for the fab room (in the original building) that we had!

Worst hotel ever

by TripAdvisor Member El-Cordobes

We stayed here a few months ago... memories fade but the scars still linger... diabolical food, comically atrocious service, extreme tackiness for the rooms... without any shadow of a doubt the very worst hotel in the entire universe...

Disappointed

by TripAdvisor Member 100ace

I have recently stayed two days on a golfing break. The course was lovely and we had two enjoyable days but the food in the restaurant was disappointing to say the least. One of the main course dishes was roast beef, this was unedible. It was so very tough no one could cut through the meat. The service was slow and poor and people were still waiting for their food when others had already finished. We will not be making a return visit.

Great hotel

Stayed here on a park and fly before going on holiday. We have done this several times before but not for a couple of years at this hotel. The hotel was just as good as before. Very nice room however when you have suitcases that are heavy it would be nice if the hotel would put you in a room that was close to the car park. Our room was up a flight of stairs (no lift) along a corridor, up a couple of stairs again and down some more! However the room was great. We ate in the restaurant on the night we stayed and the food was ok, not brilliant as it was quite pricey. When we came back we ate at the golf centre and the food was brilliant! Breakfast was great!

One point i would like to say is that the hotel pre-booked and paid the taxis for us. Going was great however when we landed and range the taxi number we were told that the taxi couldnt come for 2 hours! I rang the hotel and they phoned back within a couple of minutes to say get the first taxi, pay and we will return the fee. This worked out well in the end but just a warning!

Definately recommend this hotel.

Comments