Leyland Way, Leyland, Preston, Lancashire, PR25 4JX, United Kingdom

Costs 62% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Best Western Premier Leyland Hotel

Great!!!

by TripAdvisor Member joejoeMiddlesex

The writer of the last review must have been staying at another hotel. This is as far away from a holiday camp as you can get. The hotel has been totally refurbished and is now the top four star hotel in the area.
The bar, restaurant and reception areas are incredibly upmarket for a hotel in the provinces and very snazzy and boutique like.
Our bedroom, although quite compact, was very richly decorated with wonderful luxury duvets. The bathroom, again quite small, was brand new, had a power shower and Molton Brown Toiletries. We were staying as part of a large group and all members had identical rooms.
We didn't have dinner, but breakfast was superb. On another note, it is a long time since I have stayed in a hotel where the staff have been so friendly and efficient.
I will certainly stay there again and would recommend to everyone.

Great place to stay!

by TripAdvisor Member AMH1

We stayed here for one night to break the journey travelling back from the north of Scotland. It's extremely close to the M6 so we were a bit worried about traffic noise but were pleasantly surprised as it was peaceful and quiet. The car park is large so no problems finding a space. The room was newly refurbished so very modern, comfortable and spotlessly clean. We had room service and the food was good with generous portion sizes. Breakfast was excellent. The staff were all friendly and helpful. We really couldn't fault the hotel and wouldn't hesitate to stay over again.

Lots of huge chairs! Great sandwiches though!

by TripAdvisor Member quiUK

For a hotel in the unnassuming Lancashire town of leyland, this must have some of the most eccentric decor I've seen in a long time! From the outside, the hotel looks like many others belonging to a large chain, however immediately inside the lobby there appear to be oversized chairs/thrones and Romanesque touches wherever you look. Not what I was expecting at all! The twin room I was given was very small, but clean and well maintained - more eccentricity outside the window however, with 2 plastic sheep 'grazing' on a grassy bank.

Unusually, I was attending a very late meeting that night so returned to the hotel after midnight hoping to be able to get a drink from the bar and some food from room service. The lovely old gentleman behind the bar was the night porter/barman/chef & room service waiter all in one and having poured me a much needed glass of wine, he brought some sandwiches and chips up to my room. Normally, I am not one to wax lyrical about a sandwich but I think this one deserves special mention. Fresh, crusty, doorstep slices of bread and thick handcarved ham with a delicious taste of honey and cloves. The chips were the largest thick cut chips I've ever seen (hand cut - I don't think they'd ever seen the insude of a deep freeze). This was such a pleasant change from the usual bland offerings from late room service menus and delivered with a smile and a friendly word.

I think the word best able to describe this hotel is 'quirky'. With opulent decor, so out of place with the general 1980's design of the building, and then strange plastic animals nothing seems to 'fit'. However it was perfectly comfortable for the night and the chap who made the sarnies deserves a medal himself.

Generally impressive but also flawed

by TripAdvisor Member cltc

My wife and I stayed here for a Friday and Saturday night having travelled to Leyland for a nearby wedding.

First impressions were excellent: check-in was fast, the public area was very plush and full of quirky and unusual statues, paintings and over-sized chairs. The many 'sheep' are a tribute to Aardman Animations' Nick Park, who created Wallace, Gromit and Shaun the Sheep, as he was born nearby. There's also a plaque on one room door to say that Cynthia Payne, 'adult party hostess' (!) once stayed there!

There's free internet access on a PC near reception, the bar and restaurant are stylish, and service at breakfast was efficient.

The quietest rooms are on the lower ground floor, where they're screened from the nearby M6, though be warned - there do not appear to be any lifts, and the stairs down are quite narrow. The rooms are OK but small. Don't be fooled by their all being called 'executive' rooms - effectively they're just standard rooms.

If these had been the only drawbacks we would have given the hotel a high mark. But things went very badly wrong when we tried to eat in the bar on the Friday evening. On ordering we were told there would be a 30-minute delay: not ideal but acceptable. To cut a long story short, we ended up waiting 1 1/4 hours for our meal, and a couple near us were waiting for nearly 2 hours. All this despite numerous promises the meals were just coming, and a response from 3 different bar staff that it was 'nothing to do with them and they could do nothing about it' (not exactly very impressive for customer service!).

The place was fairly busy but not ridiculously so and bearing in mind we had paid over £40 for 2 simple bar meals and their cheapest bottle of wine, this was unacceptable. We were given a free drink each (wow!) after complaining to the Duty Manager, and the next morning I also complained to the Manager who only apologised.

This Hotel really needs to get its act together. For a 4-star establishment charging premium prices for food and drinks, such delays and poor attitudes by front-line staff should not be tolerated. A pity, because otherwise our stay would have been a good experience.

Totally cool :-)

by TripAdvisor Member cornhollio_21

Fantastic hotel.

Loads of charater !

Great breakfast :-)

Plastic sheep ??? - look out for them around the hotel

Very nicely decorated - clean