The Rhiconich Hotel

Rhiconich, Rhiconich, IV27 4RN, gb

Good For No Data
  • DAO's Profile Photo

IF YOU ONLY HAD 1 CHOICE

OK. You only get 1 choice anyway! The Rhiconich hotel is the only hotel in Rhiconich. And the only bar and the only restaurant and the only business - for many miles. I stayed here because I was traveling for work in the Highlands of Scotland every day for work. This was on a map between 2 places I had to work. So I had 1 choice and I took it.

The Rhiconich is run my European students and they are ok. Overall my room was basic and my walls paper thin. In fact I spoke to my neighbours and asked them to be quiet so I could sleep. The bed - I had 2 to choose from - were poor. So in terms of money for value of the room and bed - not great. And all the doors have automatic closers that go BANG!

OK, the rest is good.

I had a wonderful view form my window. Gorgeous. The whole of the settlement (smaller than a village) of Rhiconich is a small loch (lake) and some very green pastures. The rest of the hotel was great. The restaurant was very good. It is upstairs with the rooms and I enjoyed every mouthful. They have reasonable wine list and a good selection of food.

Downstairs you have the massive lounge. It has games, books, DVD's, a TV and a few people to talk to. The furniture is a crime against fashion, but who cares? There is a lot to do.

And then there is the bar. A small and poorly decorated bar. A bar with no atmosphere.

Who cares!?

The small bar is full of almost every single malt whiskey produced in Scotland!!! There are over 100 bottles of the best Scotland has to offer! Wow!

I had a few different glasses of these fine and varied examples of Scotland's Whiskey heritage. Well done!

So if you have to be here - just ask the neighbors to be quiet and enjoy.

Unique Quality:
    * Quiet - I mean the whole area around the hotel
    * A fantastic bar and selection of whiskies
    * Drying room for your wet clothes - you need it of you go walking
    * A good restaurant
    * Tea/Coffee making facilities in your room
    * Clean
    * Good walking trails nearby
    * The hotel can arrange outdoor activities for you

Directions: