PERTH ROAD,DUNBLANE, Dunblane, Dunblane, United Ki
Orbitz.com Booking.com Expedia.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about Hydro

Wellbeing guaranteed - try it you'll love it

by TripAdvisor Member Whitesands111

We are just arrived back from a fantastic stay at the Dunblane Hydro. We found the welcome amazing, the location superb and the food - out of this world!

Our stay was during the busy festive period - there was even a wedding taking place during our stay - and the staff were so genuinely interested in making sure we had a great experience.

The fitness facilities combined with the healthy well cooked food on offer made sure that you leave feeling really fit and full of inspiration - right back to the original Hydropathic concept We are already looking forward to our next visit

now not child friendly.

by TripAdvisor Member seagull021

Stayed 3 nights and have been going to this hotel at the same time of year for the last 4 years.
I was informed at checkin that they no longer have the creche facilities and they no longer have the kids play area. I wanted to walk out but due to the kids and the time of year I had no option but to stay. The kids had to eat with us in the resturant which meant we all had to eat early due to the 5 year old. The menu only had 4 options per course which did not change. I struggled to choose on the first night and it was very small portions. Thank God they changed the soup nightly. £19 for the cheapest bottle of wine and the Wi-Fi is charged at £15 per day which is another money grabbing venture.
I am saddened to say i will not be returning to this hotel as it is now aimed at the business man.

A lovely hotel, that has been updated and modernised very tastefully

by TripAdvisor Member Rhienne

My fiance and I came for a 3 night mini-break (arriving Wednesday, departing Saturday) in mid-January. We were on a package deal at £79 per night (this included both of us, as well as breakfast and dinner).

LOCATION: 3/5 (RESIDENTIAL NEIGHBOURHOOD)
Pros+
The hotel is set about 5-10 minutes walk from the town centre. It is in a quiet, and very pleasant Victorian-era residential neighbourhood towards the east side of town. The hotel is set back from the road by a long-sweeping lawn and drive. My fiance and I travelled by train from Dundee, and walked with our bags to the hotel. This worked fine for us, but if we had taken larger bags we would probably have taken a taxi from the railway station as the driveway was fairly steep. The station was a ten minute walk from the hotel, so not too far at all. Views from the hotel are largely of its own lawn and the town which are pleasant.

Cons-
With all the beautiful scenary around a more rural view, or a view of the beautiful older buildings in the centre of town would have been nice.

CHECK-IN: 4/5 (FRIENDLY AND EFFICIENT)
Pros+
We were handed a warm and very delicious cookie on arrival which was a nice touch. I was told it was a signature thing for the Doubletree chain, but I stayed at one in Atlanta, U.S.A. a few years ago and didn't receive this gesture. The woman on reception was pleasant and we were checked in very quickly with no queues (the hotel was not very busy mid-week and off-season!). We were offered help with our bags, but declined.

Cons-
The directions to our room were not very clear, and we had to ask for directions from another member of staff. There were signs for some room numbers from reception, but not others.

ROOM: 4/5 (GREAT DECOR AND COMFORT)
We were staying in the newer Stirling wing of the hotel.
Pros+
The room was lovely, really impressive for the extremely low price we paid. The bed was comfortable and had lots of pillows and cushions. The decor really stood out as being exceptionally good and looked very new and well-cared for. There was a beautiful photo of Scotland, and some very nice lighting touches. We had a view over the lawns which was night. The heater was powerful and warmed the space nicely, and the TV was a nice large flat-screen. The bathroom was clean and an adequate size, and there was plenty of storage in wardrobes and doors. I was also really pleased with a really wide full length mirror by the door. The hairdryer was really good, and there was always plenty of hot water. The toiletries were exceptionally good. The packaging didn't look like much but it was all Neutrogena. The soap lathered well, and the shampoo and conditioner made my hair really shiny!

Cons-
The window wouldn't shut properly, although it didn't bother of us much. There were tea and coffee making facilties but there weren't any biscuits, and there was no selection of different teas. We found a small tear in the duvet (again, pretty minor). Could probably have done with some storage space in the bathroom. It would also have been nice to have two flannels given there were two people in the room. The shower wasn't really very powerful and didn't seem to fit into the holder properly. No mini-bar.

DINING: 4/5 (DINNER AMAZING, BREAKFAST PRETTY AVERAGE)
Pros+
The dining room was really lovely. Big high corniced ceilings, and wooden floors. The decor was brilliant and quite atmospheric. Chairs were really really comfy and the lighting and bar were really cool. The food was absolutely delicious at dinner, and the portions were the perfect size so you could eat a three course dinner and feel satisfied but not uncomfortable. I would really recommend the lime marinated haddock to start, and the pan-fried gnocci for a main. There were also some nice specials on each night. There was plenty of food available at breakfast.

Cons-
One night we were given a jug of tapwater free of charge, and the next night when we asked for the same thing we were brought a bottle of water and charged almost £4.00 for it. The drinks were a bit over-priced. We were on the dinner inclusive package and it said it really small print at the bottom of the menu that this meant we were entitled to spend £21.50 each in the dining room. We only noticed this on the second night due to the very small print and dim lighting. It would have been nice if the waiter had explained this to us at the start. The breakfast wasn't very inspired, probably what you would have expected from a lesser hotel, and when it was busy at the weekend it was quite chaotic: took a long time to get seated, queues for hot food, took ages before anyone offered us tea or coffee.

ROOM-SERVICE: 2/5 (NOT MUCH CHOICE AND EXPENSIVE)
Pros +
Arrived quickly and was pretty tasty. The herb foccacia bread was lovely and studded with all sorts of delicious things.

Cons -
Not too much choice on the menu, and was quite expensive. The menu was also obviously just printed off and stuck onto some card which was a bit at odds with the standards of the rest of the hotel.

LEISURE CENTRE: 4/5 (SMALL BUT GOOD)
Pros +
Never had any trouble getting in. Nice clean pool with a jacuzzi and two saunas which were great. I sat in the poolside cafe and watched my fiance swim and was not badgered to buy anything! The gym was small but looked very up-to-date, and was obviously big enough to manage.

Cons -
The pool had to be shared with swimming lessons every night that we were there, which meant about a quarter of it was cordoned off. The cafe didn't offer anything too inspiring.

PUBLIC SPACES: 5/5 (EXCELLENT AND TASTEFUL)
Pros+
Decor was lovely throughout the hotel. The three different lounge/bar areas all had their own individual character and were all very nice. They weren't too busy apart from on the last night, but that suited us fine. Chess boards were available to play with.

None!

STAFF: 4/5 (MOSTLY VERY GOOD)
Pros +
The vast majority of the staff were very friendly and smiley. Everyone wished you a good day and smiled when you passed. Bar staff were friendly, and waiters recognised you.

Cons -
There was one slightly bizarre instance when a boy working for the hotel knocked on our room door and brought an iron in without us having ordered one. He tried to put it in the wardrobe which was full of my clothes (and underwear!!) which wasn't brilliant, and when he noticed my clothes just propped it up against the wall. He came back with an iron twenty minutes later and I mentioned that we hadn't ordered them. He only then explained that the hotel was adding them to each room. I think this should really have been done during room servicing. One waiter didn't speak very good English, and was polite but didn't seem too friendly.

Fabulous and Refurbished !!

by TripAdvisor Member Caz/stevePaisley

3rd time short break here at the hydro with my hubby and 3 years old and enjoyed it even better than twice before.
The refurbishment of hotel is amazing and really up to date. We had room 333 in main building nice room with Kingsize bed and a pull down sofa bed not front facing no view !
Restaurant is well upto 4* now. Nick Nairn has a great influence - quite a fishy menu
but we ate well both nights and enjoyed it. Staff very attentive and friendly and I would reccomend for a short break stay . Leisure facilties have not been refurbed and could be doing with it but we had a nice swim in a warm pool .
Keep up the good work and we'll be back

Comments