Airth Stirlingshire, Airth, Falkirk District, Scotland FK2 8JF, United Kingdom

Satisfaction Average

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about Airth Castle & Hotel

Can't fault it.

Have just returned today (22/01/06) after 3 night stay. Read reviews on this site after getting good deal on internet. Was very worried. Unnecessarily so. Everything was excellent - The accomodation, leisure centre/spa, and restaurant - all superb. I think earlier complaints must have been due to teething problems after new management took over. O.k. the carpet was a bit threadbare in places, but who cares, I believe they are still in the process of refurbishing. Most staff were very friendly and any that weren't were never rude, only quiet. Didn't go to castle part but the hotel part itself sufficed perfectly. This hotel is definitely four star just now. I am NOT connected to hotel and would be critical if I had experienced anything to be critical about. Will definitely return.

by TripAdvisor Member westchez3

I booked a two night stay with my friend the day before we came. We had two nights for £40 per person (£20 a night). I have used this hotel a couple of times for Christmas Parties for my work, and on both occasions - the most recent December in 2005 was excellent. The hotel was taken over in 2005, and many things have changed, catering for spa treatments etc. We did indulge in a reflexology session and that was excellent.

I think the room we were in was nice, but I think the rooms can be freshened up, the room was spotless and the ensuite very nice- shower one of the nicest.

We also ate in the Glasshouse Restaurant on Monday night 30th January, the meal was fabulous and the service very good and attentive, but not annoying. The chef's are doing a great job.

Only criticism, is if they are catering for Spa days, this area can be improved, gym, nice, pool nice (roof paintwork needs fixed)the facilites need joined together a bit spread out at the moment , but generally fine.

The chambermaid was very nice and chatty

A bit disapointing

Upon arrival, we pulled up at the picturesque castle featured all over the website, to find that we were not actually staying there, but in the converted stable block with the purpose built modern section built on which is not see at all on any of the pages of the website. The hotel has / is undergoing some renovations which are well needed with threadbare carpets and a very tired pool area. The rooms are comfortable, but feature none of the extras advertised on the site such as complimentary minerals, robes, slippers, DVD players and flat screen TVs in every room. The downfall of the modern hotel accommodation is that the hotel can sleep many more guests than it can feed with guests repeatedly having their evening meal reservations overlooked / forgotten. Those lucky enough to get a table then have to endure a long wait for their food and a constantly rotating selection of staff to serve the meal. Breakfast is more reminiscent of a holiday camp than a supposedly 4 star hotel with milling throngs waiting for fresh, limited supplies of food to be brought out by harassed members of staff. No one thing to complain about, but just a number of small things that took the shine off of the experience, though once the food did arrive, it was very good!

RUUUUUBISH

Website is a complete misrepresentation of this hotel. Service is lousy, rooms are like a worn out travel lodge and lounge area like a motorway service station. DO NOT STAY HERE UNLESS YOU ARE HELD AT GUNPOINT...and even then I'd sugggest somewhere else!!

5star ?

by TripAdvisor Member hammy07

i recently stayed here with my wife and sister & brother in law, although the hotel looks ands boasts a 5 star image i would probably downrate it to a 4, any A mericans coming here would expext 5 star as the hotels in America spoil them but here in Scotland this hotel does by far have better rooms and faciliteis than most, the room that we had was a junior suite which would be in the way the Americans would be used to, i agree that the service in the restaraunt was appalling and needs immediate attention by the M.D.the staff need to put themselves in the guests shoes and have a good look at themselves.

"Why does it always rain on me?" - Travis

by Cogee

"What's under there?"

Yes..go to Edinburgh, the Royal Mile and you will see everything from bagpipers in kilts to a blue faced William Wallace further up close to the Castle. Don't do as we did... get absolutly terrified when the guy dressed up as WW came out from the restroom and bumped into us... I think the whole store heard us.

Wanna see some real traditional bagpipers? Well.. try to find a wedding. There will be plenty of guys in kilts on display.

I know for shure that Airth Castle and Hotel has a wedding almost every Saturday all summer. Also try Caslte Campbell in Dollar.

"Balmoral Castle"

Nice little summer house isn't it??
While visiting Balmoral we stayed in Breamar at a B&B called Ravenswood Hotel. Nice and quiet.

"Fort Williams"

I liked this town, didn't manage to spend much time here though. It's probably because I'm a "have to see the sea"-person.

The Ochils from outside stadiumThe Ochils from outside stadium

Falkirk SteepleFalkirk Steeple

Callendar House - MuseumCallendar House - Museum

The Falkirk Wheel - Descending On The WheelThe Falkirk Wheel - Descending On The Wheel

Comments