Stirling Youth Hostel

Erskine Marykirk, St. John's St., Stirling, Stirling, FK8 1DU, United Kingdom

Stirling Youth Hostel
HostelBookers.com Booking.com Hostelworld.com

• tracylacie's Profile Photo

Best Hostel I've Stayed in Yet!

The staff were accommodating. The room was the cleanest I had seen on my trip. It had four WOODEN bunk beds enclosed on the end and with curtains for privacy.

It had a toilet and shower separated within the room and a vanity open in the room. This was the best accomadations my friends and I had on our trip!

The room was as big as an studio apartment we rented within Edinburgh! Desk in room and nice views as it is on the hill going towards the Castle.

They even serve breakfast which can be purchased for around 2-3 pounds....and it is a nice breakfast.

Stirling Youth Hostel is a definate stay on my next trip through Stirling!

Directions: The Castle is a short walk up the hill and there are adequate eateries and pubs a few blocks away.

Parking is scarce though and there is a charge for parking on the street. I would arrive early to get the best parking.

• muse_chik's Profile Photo

My first experience with Scottish Hostelling...

We stayed at the youth hostel for two nights- and found it to be both comfortable and well situated. We were a ten minute walk from the castle, and a five minute walk from Saint John's Street. Located right next door was the Old Town Jail, complete with reenactments for those who 'dare'. :) The bunk beds here were, by far, the best of any I've ever seen! :)

Unique Quality: The hostel itself was an old church that had been renovated for its current usage. Fairly interesting to see that when you walk up around the large fountain-type structure in the court yard, just to the right of the building and along the driveway are a series of headstones.

• hevbell's Profile Photo

HOSTEL

I have stayed here on a couple of occasions for a night or two and found it comfortable and clean. The outside looks old but in fact its a new building which is just incorporating the facade of an old church. It was purpose built as a hostel and has all the necessary facilities. While its nothing fancy, the best thing is its location. Its a 5 minute walk from the castle in the old town area and just 5-10 mins uphill from the centre of town.

Unique Quality: I was in a 5 bed dorm with ensuite - but separate - shower and toilet. There was a well equipped kitchen with large dining area, a TV room and parking in front of the building. This was great for us, we could park for nothing in the centre of town and basically leave the car there unless we were going outwith Stirling altogether. There are only around 8 spaces though, which may be more problematic in peak season

Breakfast wasn't included but you could get a continental breakfast for £4. We chose to go out & get our own cooked Scottish breakfast [see restaurant tips]

Directions: follow signs for the castle, its on the left hand side right before the Old Town Jail

Comments