Welcome Break Service Area J13, M74, Abington, ML12 6RG, United Kingdom

Expedia.com Booking.com Travelocity

• uglyscot's Profile Photo

convenient and comfortable

This hotel is part of the Abington services on the A74. My daughter and I were on our way to London with her two children . It was the Bank Holiday weekend, and we had been diverted by visiting Loch Ness, and had set off rather late. The weather was abysmal with heavy rain .
    By 11.30 pm we were getting tired,so decided to start looking for anywhere to lay our heads.
    When I enquired, I was told there was no room. I told the manager we had two children , already asleep in the car. he hummed and hawed and eventually said he could reshuffle, and let us have a room with a double bed and a sofa bed. That was great. My daughter and her children took the bed, and I had the sofa.
    There was a Tv and tea-making facilities, towels and a hair dryer, but only liquid hand soap- none of the usual free toiletries provided.
    We paid £59.99 or the room.

Unique Quality: The views were pleasant, and I could not fault the manager for his attempts to accommodate us at that late hour on a busy holiday weekend.

Comments