Best Western Dryfesdale Country House Hotel

DAO's Profile Photo

OLD WORLD

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on May 30, 2015

There is one thing I can guarantee at this hotel. It will be quiet while you are here. It’s a fairly large hotel that only has 29 rooms set in 5 acres of woodland with a massive clearing at the rear. In fact this place is far off the main road and I needed my sat-nav to find it. The hotel was built at a time when they still made thick walls. In fact parts of the hotel were built in 1762. My room (room 21) overlooked a large open field and was absolutely quiet. The decor is old world (dark wood furniture, walls, but who cares. The beds are a little on the firm side, but ok. They also have the largest, warmest wool blankets. I cannot tell you enough how much I like their wool blankets.

Anyway, my bathroom was a bit dated as well, but it did the job. The great thing was that in the morning I was able to make a nice cup of coffee in my room. Then I walked outside through my double glass doors and sat on one of the park benches outside. I watched rabbits in the early morning mist hopping across the large field. Breakfast was restaurant style and overlooks the same field. A good full Scottish Breakfast and I was on my way.

This is a great place to stop between Northern Scotland and England. It is absolutely quiet, has a good pub-like bar and a nice looking restaurant.

Unique Quality:

OVERVIEW:
• 29 quiet bedrooms set in 5 acres of woodlands
• Several rooms are in the original house (1762)
• Restaurant, bar
• Dinner, bed and breakfast rates available

ROOMS:
• Quiet, firm beds, all non-smoking, good blankets
• TV, Iron and Ironing Board, free mineral water, coffee/tea
• Bathrooms have a hairdryer, Brand name Toiletries, bath and shower
• Telephones, Modem Points, Radio Alarm Clock
• Accessible rooms available
• Pets welcome by prior arrangement only, fee of £5.00 per dog

FOOD & DRINK:
• Dryfesdale Brasserie - Friday Night is Steak Night, Sunday Roast, local dishes
• Kirkhill Bar – looks like a pub, hand-pulled guest ales

LEISURE:
• 9 hole putting green with putters and golf equipment available from reception (free)

BUSINESS:
• The Kirkhill suite (200) theatre style, Glenlouis suite (150), Glenfarclas Lounge (20)
• Modern equipment, Free W-Fi, Delegate rates

Directions:
The hotel is 0.6 miles from the A74(M) motorway, 1.7 miles from National Rail trains and 2.1 miles from Lockerbie.

Nearby Best Western Dryfesdale Country House Hotel

• Suites
  • Bar / Lounge
  • Free High Speed Internet

Lockerbie Travel Forum

Need advice about Lockerbie, United Kingdom? Visit the Travel Forum for Lockerbie and ask our Answer Gurus.

Lockerbie Travel Guide