Rooms at 29 Bruce Street

clivedinburgh's Profile Photo

Good on weekdays

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 28, 2013

I've recommended this place to an auditor who visited my work but as it sits ontop of a busy club I would think twice about using it on a weekend. His view was that it was very nice and good value at £60 for a last minute deal. Ample parking is available in the Glen car park off Bridge St.

Our audit went well too!

planxty's Profile Photo

A good choice during the week.

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 9, 2013

On a recent trip to Dunfermline, I was looking for somewhere reasonably inexpensive and central to stay and Rooms at 29 Bruce Street was suggested. I stayed there a couple of nights and was well-pleased with my choice. I should say that I had read some negative reviews online and was a little apprehensive but I have stayed in all sorts of places all over the world and a place to stay is merely that for me, a bed for the night and somewhere to have a wash and brush up. I don't usually do posh places so I wasn't overly worried. In the event, whatever possible issues there may have been previously, I did not encounter anything negative.

I am not sure what the building originally was. It stands adjacent to what is now a nightclub that looks like it was once a Church and this building may have been a Church Hall or something similar before, it certainly has that look from the outside as you can see from the image. It is the nightclub which gives rise to the title of this tip. I stayed there midweek and it was fine but I understand that the noise of the nightclub may be an issue at weekends. In fairnesss to them, they do actually state this on their website which is decent of them. The ground floor here also boasts a bar / restaurant so you would never have to leave the complex if you did not want to. The restaurant doubles as the breakfast room and although I did not have breakfast (I rarely do) my travel companion declared it to be perfectly acceptable.

On arrival, the reception desk was unoccupied (as per the image) but a wander into the bar brought a friendly member of staff in short order. The room was clean and comfortable (the bed was very good) and had all the things you would expect in such a place like tea / coffee making facilities, TV, towels etc. The images probably give a better impression than I can. My room was at the front of the building but road noise was not a problem as the street outside is quiet at night.

There is no immediate on-site parking but travellers can use the public car-park down the small alleyway beside the premises. It is large and there appears to be plenty of space there.

Oddly in this day and age, the establishment does not seem to have it's own website therefore I cannot provide one, nor even a telephone number. The room was booked through one of the numerous booking websites which feature it. Just pick your favourite and use it.

All in all, this is a reasonably priced and comfortable establishment in a very convenient central location and I recommend it.

Unique Quality: Apart from the slightly quirky architecture there is nothing unique about this place, it is just a decent place to stay in Dunfermline.

Nearby Rooms at 29 Bruce Street

• Room Service
  • Bar / Lounge
  • Free High Speed Internet

Dunfermline Travel Forum

Need advice about Dunfermline, United Kingdom? Visit the Travel Forum for Dunfermline and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Dunfermline hotel reviews

luvely stuff
The only survivor.
The Abbey Nave.
Things to Do
A huge amount of history.
Jewel in the Crown.
Things to Do
Above and beyond the call of duty.
A brilliant takeaway.
Live Music
Or is it?
Andrew Carnegie's Birthplace
Things to Do
A pink house in old Dunfermline toon
Carnegie Hall dining
For the older yins
Karaoke kings
Best wee bar in town
Weekday buffet
Wha wans div ye mean
Nightlife
Take a look (have a butchers)
Shopping