Six Murray Park

6 Murray Park, St. Andrews, United Kingdom

More about Six Murray Park

A Piece of Heaven

by TripAdvisor Member Globaljoan

If you are looking for a newly renovated B&B in a location that is easy, great walking distance from everything in town and the first tee of The Old Course, then this is your place. From the over-sized bath towels to the shortbread cookies placed in the room, Paul and Yvonne do a wonderful job of creating a quiet, charming, and welcoming atmosphere. I will be going back to St. Andrews next year and shall be booking with them. The movie theatre is around the corner as is a plethora of restaurants, shops, and cafes. it is nice that it is on a side street and therefore quiet compared to some of the other B&B locations. Their decor is more modern which appeals to me. Enjoy!

fantastic

by TripAdvisor Member hindlegs

We have just spent 3 days in a fantastic place after being let down by another b&b, we found six murray park by accident and what a find.
The owners have just done the place up and I have to say it is brilliant what they have done.
We did not expect the quality of rooms that we got, from the outside it looks just like any other old b&b but inside is a differant story. Our room was not large but had everthing we needed and more, even fruit and homemade (scottish tablet ), sorry guys too sweet for me!!!.
When we booked the owner Paul,said breakfast was included , wow what a choice , we had just come from Dornock and stayed in a great hotel but that was nothing to the choice we had at six murray park, even fresh baked muffins that morning, the smell was great.
The day we left Paul really helped with the directions to our next place even though it was early. thanks again guys ...grat job....

Couldn't Ask for MORE!

by TripAdvisor Member DrARTGUY

What a find, what a pleasure, the best always comes to the surface...Six Murray park is a jewel, from the comfortable and contemporary interior to the warmth and hospitality of its owners (Paul & Yvonne and BEAU! Gotta love a great Cocker Spamiel with an afinity for golf balls!) this was the greatest! After being let down by another B7B, I was quite depressed. My wife's quick reserch found 6 Murray park. One call and I knew this was the place. My 60th birthday dream trip to the home of golf was made better by the location (location, location, location!), hospitality and generousity of these individuals. I even played golf with paul and his friends on the Old Course and that too is something I will always remember. their recommendations of places to eat, their infinate council on places to vist and their assistance are above and beyond the call of duty. The next trip is being planned and we know where we are staying!
If you want a quiet venue, homey, with true character and grace...look no further. Rooms are nicely appointed, showers never run out of hot water, and breakfast is wonderful! Towel warmers, afternoon snacks and a touch of the liquid that made Scotland famous are part of the charm. PLEASE follow the simple rules...NO GOLF SHOES or CLUBS in the rooms or on the stairs...Paul will accomadte with storage.
This was one of the best B & B's I have stayed in in all my travels across the world. Why? even the best accomadation needs atmosphere and warmth...6 Murray park has this and then some. LEAVE THE REST OF THE WORLD at THEIR DOOR! Relax, enjoy, find a home away from home! What an incredible property and great hosts for a modest price! We will be back! Get Ready paul, we're goning to play again!

I wanted to stay forever

by TripAdvisor Member summerdays09_9

This guest house was recommended to me and I am so grateful to my friends who recommended it. It is in a superb location right between the beach and the shops - a girl's dream ! We had fantastic weather whilst we were there so being so close to the beach was just fab. Our room was very chic. The bed was just so comfy - and lovely crisp white linen. It had a lovely fresh ensuite with every little extra you could wish for, which I love. The breakfast room was also lovely and sunny, just right for our delicious breakfast. There are loads of choices of both cooked and lots of choice on the buffet. I will definitely be recommending it to my friends and will return later on this year.

Home from Home

by TripAdvisor Member mag1927

My Wife and I stayed here just for one night, on arrival Paul knew who we were, and both Paul and Yvonne and their dog made us feel very welcome (If you do not like dogs, do not worry, Mr Bo Jangles does not have the run of the place).

Ideally located within walking distance of the Golf course, shops and resturants, and the University. Just set in a quiet road off one of the main streets.

The Hotel is cleaned to a very high standard, which is something my wife always looks for. It has been refurbished recently to a very high standard and although keeping nearly all of its older features is very modern.

The decor of our room was excellent perfectly crisp white quilt cover with purple pillows,throw and curtains. The facilities were of a high standard and very clean. We stayed in room 4 which does not have a bath just a shower, if that really matters to you, maybe some of the other rooms have a bath.

The breakfast in the morning was again fantastic, There was a wide range from full Scottish to continental, all cooked or made to a high standard. Again I must mention how clean the resturant area was.

Over all we had a great stay, Paul and Yvonne and Mr Bo Jangles all came out to see us off.

I would recommend Six Murray Park to anyone looking for a stay in St Andrews for any purpose.

Lovely

by TripAdvisor Member IbiTimi

Our stay at Six Murray park was quite lovely. It was nice, cosy and very welcoming. Our room was very comfortable and modern....we were quite happy to stay indoors most of our trip!

Paul & Yvonne (the pwners) were very nice and friendly and were even able to get my husband to pet their dog (even though hes terrified of dogs)!!!

I had a blast and I will definitely be going back there. Timi&Ibi

Excellent accommodation and welcoming people!

by TripAdvisor Member MarthaPaisley

We stayed at Murray park over our daughter's graduation. We would certainly return - this is such a well run place with very thoughtful attention to detail in the accommodation on offer, the standard of service and the quality of breakfast.

You really do deserve the such good reviews!

Jane and Bob from Paisley

Faultless

by TripAdvisor Member serialholidayer2

We have just stayed at this b&b for our daughter's graduation and it was absolutely wonderful. Everything was excellent from the booking to checking out.

Comments