Vicarsford Lodge

Vicarsford Lodge
Booking.com Priceline.com

More about Saint Andrews

the food!the food!

Saint Andrews (Scotland, U.K.)Saint Andrews (Scotland, U.K.)

Entrance to Abbey ruinsEntrance to Abbey ruins

Dunfermline AbbeyDunfermline Abbey

Travel Tips for Saint Andrews

St Andrews Cathedral

by marciaca

Originally built in the 12th century, this once spectacular cathedral has been reduced to ruins, victim of the Reformation in the 16th century. By the mid 17th century, the unused crumbling cathedral had some of the walls removed for use in other construction

The Cathedral

by Goner

You will see only the remains of this ancient cathedral, which is the largest religious building ever constructed in Scotland. It was founded by Abbot of Kelso in 1160, this cruciform church witnessed the most profound developments of the Scottish Reformation and remains among the most photogenic churches in Scotland.

Culross Town House

by stevezero

Culross Town House is another gem in the village of Culross. It dates from 1612 and its tower from 1783.
he Town House, once the legal and commercial centre of Culross, is also open to visitors. Upstairs, the fine Georgian interior of the council chambers often houses exhibitions, whilst next door is the old courtroom. Downstairs in the shop is the debtors’ cell, where, unlike previous occupants, you may decide only to spend a few moments!

Admission on National trust for Scotland ticket.

KINGDOM OF FIFE

by travel-bugg

St. Andrews is just one of those places not to be missed in Scotland.

I had the best time there and was pleasantly surprised to find I arrived the day before a Scottish air show. I was able to see the pilots practice without the crowds.

"ST. ANDREWS SIGHTING"

The best thing happened to me at St. Andrews. After doing lots of souvenir shopping I rested briefly outside one of the shops near the members club house. Twenty minutes later in another store, I realized I left a bag outside by the golf course fence.

In a panic, I rushed to the front of the members club house to find my bag, but nothing. Passing right by me was Sean Connery watching me look franticly for my bag. I did a double take and when I realized who he was I was embarrassed but he gave me a little smile and kept walking.

I eventually found my bag but I will never forget that 007 smile!

Comments