Hilton Treetops

Satisfaction Average

Costs 58% more and rated 13% lower than other 4 star hotels

• iaint's Profile Photo

disappointing

Used to be "the" hotel in Aberdeen. Independent initially and bought by Hilton at some point. I was there about 2002, and the rooms were disppointing. Not what you'd expect from the Hilton brand.
    Service was a bit slow in the restaurant.
    I wouldn't go back - not cheap and not worth it!

Unique Quality: None really!

• rdo911's Profile Photo

Don't stay here!

Terrible hotel. Very expensive and delivers very little service. If you are thinking of staying here, stay somewhere else!

Unique Quality: Breakfast is usually included in the price of most hotels in the area. However the Hilton charges and extra 15 pounds on top of their expensive room rates.

More about Hilton Treetops

Avoid if possible

by TripAdvisor Member Stena

This is definitiely a 2.5-3 star hotel. The room I had was tiny and it cost £150 per night! It was like a room you'd get in a cheap hotel in London. A real rip off. The room was situated over a generator, which kept cutting on and off all night and disturbing my sleep. The breakfast room looked like a canteen with cheap flooring and the smell of fried food lingering. On top of that this is not one of the better locations in Aberdeen. It is still within 'greater Aberdeen' but not within walking distance of the city centre. It is really a suburb of Aberdeen. Overall not one of the better hotels in Aberdeen. I won't be back - if I can avoid it !

Not great quality

by TripAdvisor Member ABowie

My £145 per night room consisted of a single bed in what I nicked named "the broom cupboard" as it was so tiny. It was very old fashioned and in good need of refurbishment. I managed to get moved to a double room on the last night of my stay which was modern and clean.
You are charged £3per day for use of the car park which baffles me as the hotel is situated in a residential area miles from the city centre.
Also check your bill on check out as I had additional items added to it by mistake.
All in all this is a very tired, dated and poor Hilton hotel to which I will not be returning. Howvever until the hotel situation in Aberdeen changes (all hotels are fully booked midweek regardless) and hotels have to fight for trade I cannot see Hilton refurbishing this hotel anytime soon.

Dreadful, just dreadful

by TripAdvisor Member BenDoha

Hotels like these just depress me. They haven't spent a cent on it in 15 years, and the staff were just... oh I give up.

Pros:
- Lots of brochures in the foyer (you know it took some effort to come up with that)

Cons:
- Rooms were a joke
- While desk staff were ok, restaurant staff were clueless and unhelpful
- Breakfast
- Location

Ok, you might want to go there just to see how bad a Hilton room can be.

Poor Poor Stay - Not recommended

by TripAdvisor Member sunset_uk

Have stayed here twice, first time I complained to HIlton's head office about the awful stay and they invited us back to "prove the problems I had encountered wer a one off" and on returning was given a bar of cadburys chocolate - very nice eh!
The complimentry stay was worse than the original, that I actually left that night and went to stay at a nearby Travel Inn - DO NOT STAY HERE is what I would stay to anyone.
- Service at reception is bad, they answer the phones over checking people / in and out - no smiles, no eye contact, no welcome, Would have got better service from a robot.
- Room not clean, bed looked made but had body hairs in the sheets, dirty towels
- Restaurant food cold and took ages to arrive
- Noise from parties
- Maid barging into room unannounced wanting to make up room , very early and would not leave when asked too (we were still in bed)
- And there is a lot more negative things to say but I think IVe said enough, plenty of better hotels in Aberdeen.

Good

by TripAdvisor Member NicolaMacDonald

Have just returned from the Hilton 'Treetops' Hotel in Aberdeen and had a lovely time. The only thing that we didn't like was having to pay for parking at the hotel. The staff at the front desk were very pleasant and the dinner which was included on the first night was lovely. The entertainment provided by the magician was good and the kids loved him and his rabbit. The room we were in was quite small but was nicely decorated and comfortable enough for a 2 night stay.

Suprised by the other reviews

by TripAdvisor Member ogtheboss

This is the first time I have stayed at the Hilton, but I have stayed in several other hotels in the area.

I am a little suprised by the other reviews, i didn't think it was bad, especially compared wit the competition.

OK its over priced, but then so are all the other hotels in the area, its a side effect of the oil industry being so busy at the moment.

SOme of the decor is a little tired, but its clean and everything worked OK.

The food was reasonable and the room was much better than some others that I have stayed in (I think I got an upgrade though)

Overall comparable with the Marriott, in a different league to the Thistle which frankly is a pit as is the Britania. The Craighaar has better food but the rooms are smaller and its on the flight path for the airport.

So overall I would stay here again although the room rates are a little extreme.

Beware!!

by TripAdvisor Member joannaEdinburgh

I was attending a wedding in Aberdeen and I booked this hotel because of the leisure facilities ( gym, swimming pool etc) thinking it would be nice to go for a swim before hand and relax. Also I thought (very wrongly) that a hilton must be top notch in hotels. I arrived with my car in the afternoon, noticing that there was a charge for parking. The hotel looks very dated from the outside, however we proceeded to check in.. there are carpets everywhere it is dark and there is a 'musty' smell when you walk in. The check in was fine and reception staff were very friendly. We proceeded to our room through a labyrinth of dingy corridors and lifts. Our corridor had brick walls! and stairs throughout it. We got to the door and put in the swipe card - which was so filthy that I had to wash it! The room was very dark with more carpet! The bathroom was ok until I saw the shower curtain, which was filthy with god knows what. The handle on the door was filthy also. I thought I would test the 'leisure' facilities..... This was the worst experience ever. I went into the changing rooms and the damp smell hit me first..Then I just could not believe the state of the changing room, there was hair in all drains, blue mats to walk along, I think these were green from mould! The showers had curtains! again with mould growing inside- lots of it.. I did not dare to go in them. I went to the pool area, nothing special, again dirty. There were trees overlooking the conservatory like pool area so I peered outside, only to see a bog filled with leaves and empty crisp packets - disgusting!! The steam room was dirty (again). The sauna was new although randomly erected in a mobile cabin sort of way next to the poolside.. I was inside this 'leisure' facility for 5 mins before running out and having a body scrub upstairs with plenty of antibacterial skin wash! However to be fair my boyfriend used the gym and said this was actually quite good. We had breakfast in this hotel which was very good however, I do not want to think about the kitchen hygiene used in the preparation of meals in this hotel...Thankfully we only stayed in this hotel two nights and got a cheap early deal, otherwise would have cried. Please do not stay here, apparently the Carmelite or the Marcliffe hotels are much nicer.

Oh Dear

by TripAdvisor Member chrisDalgleish

My wife ,one of my children and I stayed at this hotel for one night, getting weekend rates which were fairly reasonable.
The exterior has a late 1960s feel about it, with an almost permenant contingent of hacking smokers outside (please put them somewhere else). Very gloomy inside. Staff pleasent and fiendly. We had room 1 (a business room) which was pleasent enough with an office space off the main room,very useful as my wife had a lot of work to do in advance of a meeting on Saturday. The pool facilities were very tired and not at all clean.
Dinner was OK. my 4 year old boy was very impressed by the magician who entertained guests between courses.
Buffet breakfast the following morning was very nice and well organised.
Circumstances forced us to stay another night in Aberdeen. We had to move rooms and that's were the fun started. We were offered a family room which was small, very dingy and musty. TV did not work. Heating did not work. On complaining it was found that heating could only be adjusted using a set of pliers. The hotel did not have same and a porter was dispatched to shops to buy some. In meantime we said we wanted another room. Staff gave me a keycard for another room. When I I went in I found other guests already ensconsed with all their things. Oh dear. Were shown another room which was just as dreary as the last. At this point we threw in the towel and anounced we were leaving. The duty manager did offer us a free dinner which we accepted before leaving. I still had to complain about the fries which were cooked in old oil!
knowing the city well we headed out to the Marriot at Dyce which was a damn sight cleaner and more comfortable with a really smashing breakfast.
Advice to penny pinching Hilton. Keep the staff and the magician, knock this dump down and start again. There I got that of my chest.

Comments