Invernesshire, Aviemore, Inverness-shire PH22

Hilton Coylumbridge - Aviemore
Hilton.com Booking.com Travelocity

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• carlrea's Profile Photo

A blot on the landscape.

Well i never stayed here i just had to endure the view of this place from just about everywhere in Aviemore. Why oh why did they have to create this stonking great Hilton slap bang in the centre which really spoils the scenic town itself. I have no doubt that having this creates jobs in the town and i am sure it caters for rich American skiers who frequent the town but apart from that i cannot see why anyone would want to stay here. Convinience i suppose but to me just a big chain extracting as much profit as possible from the paying public.

Unique Quality: Dont make me laugh!!

More about Coylumbridge Aviemore Hilton

Great Place, Full of Life!!!!!

After reading some of the reviews here I had to comment in defense of this wonderful hotel. My wife and seven year old son stayed there for three fantastic nights last year. We already have our reservations for next year. The family room we stayed in was recently redone. The standard was high and the room was clean and comfortable. The staff couldn't have been nicer. I will agree it is a family oriented place, but what is so bad about that!! Granted, as some have commented, you might pick a more secluded spot for a romantic getaway with your spouse, but don't blame the Colyumbridge Hilton for your poor planning!! I highly recommend this place as a safe and inviting place to bring your wife and kids. And if you don't have one or the other but still like being around the living, come anyway!!

Mixed Feelings

by TripAdvisor Member JoJoKo

Forced to stay a week at this hotel because of a conference.

Loved this hotel because:
1. Room recently updated and very clean
2. Great breakfasts
3. Staff good with children (i.e kiddie pack upon arrival, afternoon tea, playground)
4. Great location (walk to Aviemore and Rothiemurchus Estate)
5. Nice staff overall

Would stay elsewhere, though, because:
1. Expensive for what you get
2. Dinners were just passable and unfortunately included in our price
3. One dinner was memorably horrible
4. Corrour House looks great and is just down the road

Poor Hilton

by TripAdvisor Member Danny_and_Kristina

Well, where do I start? I am glad that I found this website to talk about this. Hilton hotels are known world wide wonderful as a luxury hotel to stay in... Well certainly not this one.

We got a room on the first floor which was disappointing for me straight away because I wanted a room with a view, preferably on a high floor; however I thought I would still get one despite the ground floor room. As people have explained they had a mountain view that certainly did not happen for us.
We had a view of; I would say a “lovely" white brick wall. I believe it was room 104 (if not, ground floor, going past pool window from reception, to stairs, turn right and rooms on right hand side as you go down the corridor) so if you get this room or a room in this area you have been warned

We were all inclusive, so we thought, fantastic! The day we got there I thought I will have a nice roast dinner. The 'small' dinner came out with two boiled potatoes which were raw in the middle. Upon complaint they did change them, however it was for another two raw boiled potatoes!
I would say the second restaurant/Bistro was better quality food although you did have to pay extra which you shouldn’t have to for better quality food!

We went in August which was a bad time to go (looking back on things), as there were a lot of noisy children. So if you do think of staying try to go during term time to avoid the noise!

The hotel is very remote so you will need a mode of transport to get around. We do recommend visiting the Reindeers

But overall me and my boyfriend think we wasted approx £100 a night, which we could have gone abroad for that price, to look at a brick wall and eat poor quality food. The breakfast was the best meal of the day so eat plenty to keep yourself going throughout the day as the dinner is small and tasteless

The only good thing I would say about this hotel is that there were two lovely waitresses in the second restaurant as the rest of the staff in the reception seemed to not really be interested when we complained about the room view, or lack of it. They also told us there id no such a thing as a "mountain view" in their hotel.

Over rated

by TripAdvisor Member McPounce

The hotel is of a poor standard and in my opinion the evening meals provided in the Grant room were of a very poor quality. This was pointed out to the restaurant Manager in the Grant room and he was going to give me 'feedback', I am still waiting! The breakfast was more enjoyable. The location is ideal for families but I certainly would not recommend this hotel to any of my friends.

Evening Meal was the big letdown

by TripAdvisor Member jimcumming

This was maybe the 5th or 6th time there and maybe the last.

It was me and two of my kids aged 8 & 11

Room - ok,

Leisure Facilities - good

Breakfast - brilliant

Evening meal - poor

The standards have slipped in the restaurant. Lots of perfectly nice foreign staff who cannot understand English, supplements for children to eat A La Carte after already paying £24 a day for food, either that or they eat re-heated stodge from the High Tea.

I found this deplorable and will not eat there again. Once again the staff were lovely and the bar was nice. Rooms ok, not the best certainly not the worst.

A lot of renovation work going on in the near future. Maybe they need to get the basics right or the whole new build might fall down.

Comments