Kingsmills Hotel

Culcabock Road, (formerly Marriott), Inverness, Scottish Highlands, IV2 3LP, United Kingdom
Hotels.com Booking.com Travelocity

Costs 64% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Kingsmills Hotel

Loved the Marriott Inverness

by TripAdvisor Member Philomom

We stayed here for one night with our children, who had a separate room with bunk beds off of our very spacious and lovely master bedroom. This hotel is very pretty, with lovely grounds. The spacious lounge was a great place for us to eat with our kids and watch the end of the British Open. We found the food to be above average, and the service to be fantastic (except for a barman who seemed to know less about whiskey than we did, which is astounding). The staff catered very much to our children, which we found a rarity on our trip in general. Our room was just a few steps from a lovely indoor pool complex with whirlpool, sauna, and steam room. Very clean, with helpful staff on hand at all times. At one point, an employee came into the pool area with updates for my husband on the Open! We had a great stay here.

wonderful!

by TripAdvisor Member 2and2

We stayed for 2 nights over Easter break and just loved the hotel. We stayed in the very large family room which had 2 bathrooms and a separate bedroom for the kids with 2 sets of bunkbeds. The main bedroom had a very comfy kingsized bed with fabulous bedding and a seating area with a small couch, desk and chair. We also had an outdoor patio with table and chairs overlooking the lovely expansive grounds. The pool, sauna and steam room were spotless and warm. Thankfully, we were not rushed for time during dinner because the service was incredibly slow, but we enjoyed our meal once it arrived. I would advise making a dinner reservation upon arrival to avoid the wait we had. Breakfast was bountiful and all in all the experience was wonderful! If we are ever back in Inverness I would not hesitate to stay at the Inverness Marriott!

Och aye the yay!!!

by TripAdvisor Member Wine_Gums_Addict

Stayed here for 3 nights over Easter 2007 with my fiance.

Hotel is lovely 4*. Great location, not in the centre of Inverness but only a 10 minute pleasant walk to get to it. The room (#55) was really big and had an absolutely huge bed - super kingsize I think.

Best bits ... helpful staff, breakfasts yummy, nice romantic restaurant, pleasant grounds, handy leisure suite, very relaxing decent hotel etc.

Worst bits ... none

(OK if you're very picky you could say some parts of the hotel need a little bit of updating, but if you're looking for a Scottish traditional tartan type hotel then this is it, if you're looking for Philipe Starck urban hip then you've come to the wrong place.)

Also the TV Sky channels were all sports Sky Sports 1,2,3. I would have liked Sky One, E4 or at least MTV

Nevertheless, this didn't detract from our stay at the Marriott or our overall experience of Inverness / Highlands.

I'd recommend a trip on Loch Ness, as well as walking around Glen Affrich, Reelig Glen etc. Plus if you have the opportunity go through Fort William and stop off at Glen Coe which is absolutely stunning - about 100km from Inverness.

My biggest advice would be to FLY to Inverness rather than driving - it took us 11 hours from Birmingham on Good Friday and the same back, even allowing for only an hour stop off for something to eat. The M6 was a car park, and the roads after the Glasgow Perth stretch are single carriageway pretty much the entire way, scenerey is fab, but by then we were so knackered we didn't care and just wanted to arrive at our destination. You do need a car though, so I'd recommend hiring one at the airport.

We had a great weekend, and will definitely be back.

Nice hotel

by TripAdvisor Member sunset_uk

Stayed here using Tesco vouchers and it is a lovely hotel, close to town although you feel you are in the country. Rooms are large, spacious and bathrooms are seperated from room with french doors which is nice. Good selection for breakfast and reasonable priced (89 for double room and breakfast which was about 22.00 of clubcard vouchers)
Resaurant is slightly expensive for what you get and quite slow - but they say food is fresh and cooked to order, only ate there once as you can go into town in ten minutes walk and eat at the restaurants there .
Swimming pool, gym and sauna attached which guests can use, beauty salon and hairdressers also in hotel.

Good Marriott

by TripAdvisor Member borninct

Coming from the US, we are very familiar with Marriott and this one is pretty good. We used Marriott rewards to stay for a free night in a standard room. The room was spacious, light, and looked out onto a courtyard. The bed was huge and the linens were very nice. The bathroom was a bit outdated, and actually, could have used a good de-molding in the shower. I didn't feel gross using it, but it would have benefited from some bleach.

We liked the location..only 10-15 minute walk to the City Center. It was an easy, safe walk at night through an upscale residential neighborhood.

Overall, we would definately recommend this hotel.

big room

by TripAdvisor Member ora_the_explora

Nice big room in a really nice place with good service. I would stay there again and I would even recommend it to my Mom. Breakfast was good as well.
Only down side about all Marriott’s – internet is not free.

Loved this hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member Funkynassau

A friend was sent to Inverness for work and he had a massive suite to himself. His mother and I went to visit and stayed in his room with him as it was so big, plenty of room for the 3 of us. Very nice room, doors opened to the courtyard. Lovely bathroom, all marble, spotlessly clean and loads of fresh towels. I slept on a sofa that folded out to a bed and it was a lot more comfortable than it looked, I had no complaint.

The TV can be set to wake you up at any time, another nice touch.

Hotel is very clean, tho rather oddly laid out with hallways here and there, lots of 3 steps up, 4 steps down, and around the corner, it's quite interesting that way! The grounds are beautiful.

All dealings with the front desk were fine, no complaints there either. Pool was really nice, flowers are gorgeous. I dont understand those few people that have complained about this hotel, it was wonderful.

A 15 min walk to town, past well kept homes, we felt safe at night time. Inverness is a lovely place, I'd go there again and I'd even pay to stay at this hotel, it was that impressive!

A Fine Highland Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member JeanetteM

We have stayed at this hotel on at least 3 occasions. The rooms are huge, the beds large and very comfortable and indeed the public areas are very appealing. Breakfast is very good with an enormous choice. Bar prices slightly expensive but that is the usual with a 4 star establishment. I have used the swimming pool each time but on one occasion went for a spa treatment and was kept waiting for over 30 mins - not acceptable!!! The hotel is an easy walk into the city centre or a taxi will only cost you a few pounds. Lots of good places to eat in Inverness. Looking forward to our next visit!

Nice property - beautiful gardens

by TripAdvisor Member macs157

The hotel and gardens are in very good shape - we had ground floor room and had slider to sitting area with garden. When Mariott took the inn over, they "standardized" it and it lost some of its charm. The restaurant and bar area were good - they got us a late dinner after the restaurant had closed. Pool area is nothing special but was very clean. Only complaint is front desk - the 3 different people I dealt with all had very haughty attitudes and were not helpful at all.

Beautiful

by TripAdvisor Member Allycats

What can I say, its beautiful. Stayed on ground floor, room had french doors out to a patio area. Hotel is simply beautiful, elegant and the perfect setting for a romantic break.

Hootananny's in Inverness, ScotlandHootananny's in Inverness, Scotland

Tesco Extra at Inverness Retail Park (July 2008)Tesco Extra at Inverness Retail Park (July 2008)

Littel Loch Broom (Scotland, U.K.)Littel Loch Broom (Scotland, U.K.)

The chapelThe chapel