96 Fairfield Rd, Inverness, Scottish Highlands, IV35LL, United Kingdom

Booking.com

• JessH's Profile Photo

Self-Catering Apartment in the city centre

--> There are 2 accomodation options in Inverness called "Trafford Bank":

One is a luxury Bed & Breakfast located at 96 Fairfield Road;
    The other is a self-catering 1-bedroom apartment (Huntly Street) by the River Ness.

Both are owned & operated by interior designer Lorraine Freel.

We stayed in this apartment for 2 weeks in July 2009 (for our wedding) and absolutely loved it! You could hardly ask for a more central location - right down by the River Ness and yet it was quiet and peaceful. Lorraine met us upon our arrival and was very friendly and helpful. There are also plenty of brochures and leaflets for tourists sights and things to do in the area, as well as discount vouchers for meals in some nearby restaurants!

Spotlessly clean, comfortable and cosy, we felt right at home straight away. The apartment consists of a double bedroom, a small bathroom with shower, a spacious living/dining area and a small but well-equiped kitchen.
    The entrance to the aparment has a romantic touch: a winding red metal staircase up to the 1st floor, adorned with climbing roses in a small but inviting garden. Downstairs there is also a garden shed in which the washing machine/dryer is located. The neighbours in this terraced residence were friendly but generally kept to themselves.

Unique Quality: > Comes with a Huntly Street parking permit.
    > Communal garden.
    > Tesco's Supermarket right next door (50m distance).

From the Trafford Bank apartment you can walk to the main Ness Bridge (2min), Inverness Castle and the High Street / pedestrian precinct (7min). The small Tesco's near the apartment is great for stocking-up on fresh produce, toiletries, etc.

The only slight negative point I have to mention is that - due to being on the 1st floor right under the roof and south-facing - on a warmer-than-average summer's day the apartment heats up quite substantially even when opening all windows. Thankfully, there is a small fan which we used for 2 or 3 nights in the bedroom to keep a bit cool.
    We loved our time in the Trafford Bank Self-Catering Apartment and we would definitely stay here again!
    For more photos of the apartment, click here: http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/tt/ad0ae/#TL

Directions: On Huntly St., stand in front of "The Kitchen" restaurant with the River Ness behind you. Walk down the small footpath on the RIGHT side of the restaurant. Here it is!

More about Trafford Bank Guest House

Charming Luxury!

by TripAdvisor Member mddla

What a rare gem the Trafford Bank Guest House is! No detail is forgotten, from the luxury local bath products to the carefully and beautifully decorated accomodations. The only bad part of our experience was having to leave!! Thank you!

Nice place, but...

We read the previous reviews of Trafford Bank and couldn't wait to stay there. After a 4 hour train ride from Edinburgh, we took a taxi to the inn.

First, we found the front door locked, and no one apparently inside. However, after finding and ringing the doorbell, the proprietress answered. Her first words were, "Wow, that's a lot of luggage" in a rather deadpan way. (We had 2 bags each, having already spent 1.5 weeks in the UK). She showed us in, saying, "And you must be... (pause)... well I can't remember your name." We told her the name on the reservation to which she said "(name), right."

The hotel itself is very nice -- although our bed squeaked horribly every time either of us turned over -- and the breakfast is first rate (especially the fruit salad!) However, the proprietress's attitude upon first arrival sullied our experience for the rest of our stay. It's hard to enjoy staying in a place where you don't exactly feel welcome!

Nice Place? You Bet!!!

I found out about Trafford Bank on the internet and thought I'd read through some reviews before going. All of them were glowing bar one (22/7/04) which I chose to ignore and went to stay there for two days. I couldn't have had a more nicer or relaxing stay. The landlady was so friendly and a fun sense of humour. The room was so modern and the bed unbelievably comfortable(it did not squeak!)The place had luxurious rooms but one immediately felt at home there. I am sure I will go and visit again sometime.As for the couple who experienced an "unwelcoming landlady" at the door, maybe you were tired from your 4 hour trip because I found her to be exactly the opposite!
I give this place a five star rating!

The Best Place in Europe!

Upon our arrival in Inverness, we were warmly greeted and given a tour of the Trafford Bank. Our vision of a B & B in Inverness was one of rustic charm, but we were surprised to find it was a combination of old world warmth and contemporary convenience. Rooms are large, spotlessly clean and nicely decorated. The DVD player in the room was completely unexpected!

Lorraine was friendly and helpful. She telephoned for cabs and suggested some good places to eat as well as allowing us to check in early.

The breakfast was THE best we have ever had. The portions were large and the preparation was second to none. We ate in a bright, beautifully decorated sunroom which made the experience fantastic.

I would suggest that if anyone gets the opportunity to stay at the Trafford Bank they do it as soon as possible. This is one of the nicest places we have ever stayed in and urge others to experience it.

Easily the best

by TripAdvisor Member Lou_Aust

We and some US friends stayed here in August 04 for 2 nights. The place was easily the best we found in 4 weeks of Scottish B&Bs and hotels. The bedrooms were wonderful, all furniture and fittings of a really high standard and the food and service unsurpassed. Can't recommend it highly enough. Book early.

Like a home away from home...

My husband and I spent a couple days of our honeymoon there and found it to be a home away from home. Lorraine is very helpful and we found that we watched a DVD every evening! It is a really nice touch that she provides a drawer full of DVD's to watch. The food was wonderful and the decoration is superb. You can tell that she has made every effort to make people feel comfortable and not like they're staying at a hotel. The only bad thing that I can say is that I thought the mattress in our room was uncomfortable. It was very firm, which I normally like, but I could feel the springs in my back. Lorraine assured me that it was a brand new mattress and I'm sure it was, but the springs were a little too close to me for comfort. Lorraine put an extra mattress pad on the bed and that helped a lot. She was very nice about it and wanted to make us as comfortable as possible. I would stay there again if I was in Inverness. No doubt about it!!

Simply the BEST

This has to be the best Guesthouse in the UK. From the moment we stepped in Lorraine's home we felt at home. There was nothing that was too much trouble - from recommending the Best Resturants to how to get from A-B. How to entertain 2 Boys was made easy with a wide selection of DVD - we never knew they were with us. Thank you for showing us Scottish Hospitality at its BEST. We will definitely return and recommend it to all in Africa.
Love from the Loaders

fantastic breakfasts

We stayed at the Trafford Bank Hotel for a long weekend on the 2nd-4th October. We found the rooms to be excellent: much more spacious and comfortable than any other guest house I have experienced in the UK.

The breakfasts were superb, both in terms of quality and quantity.

We used the Trafford Bank as a base to take part in the Loch Ness Marathon and see Inverness, it was convenient for the centre of town and on the day of the race Lorraine was good enough to give us a lift to the pick up point.

The Trafford Bank combines relative good value with excellent accomodation, convenience and friendly and helpful service. 5 diamonds (the only one in Inverness) is well deserved.

Great hospitality

This bed and breakfast exceeded all our hopes. We were there for five days in early October and loved every minute of it. Not only did Lorraine treat us with great hospitality, but met every need of our one and three year old sons. Our three year old still talks about how Ms. Lorraine did nice things for us. The breakfast was amazing and the entire staff made us feel pampered and at home. Thanks to all for an unforgettable experience!

Comments