21 Ardconnel Street, Inverness, IV2 3EU , United Kingdom
Official Site

More about Ardconnel House B&B

Great guest house.

by TripAdvisor Member BOBPWarrington

A superb guest house in Inverness. John, Elizabeth and Shadow the black Labrador offer a warm and friendly welcome. Great breakfasts, inc home baked bread, and probably the cleanest rooms I have ever stayed in. Very close to the city centre for all amenities, yet in a quiet road. I cannot recommend it enough.

Just Perfect

by TripAdvisor Member mevacombe

This was just the perfect place to stay. Literally just five minutes from the city centre and some good restaurants, but forget lunch, the breakfast here was so good you don't need a lunch.

They also gave us some great ideas of what to do including the distillery at Glen Ord which was a great trip out and a lovely little train journey.

They also put us on to Tony Harmsworth's Inverness Tour Company and we had an idyllic trip to the Isle of Skye with him.

The new museum is also excellent and worth a visit. Shame the tourist office is closed on Sundays though - the one time we needed them they were shut!

Try Mustard Seed for a good meal too.

Do yourself a favor and stay here!

by TripAdvisor Member theworldtravelers

We had a lovely time at the Ardconnel. John got us settled and gave us great restaurant recommendations. Elizabeth made yummy breads & jams and was such a gracious hostess at breakfast . Their black lab Shadow was the live entertainment. The room was spacious and spotlessly clean. It also has a nice little flat screen TV and DVD player. The tea tray and biscuits were very nice.

We really appreciated their comfortable common room where we watched DVDs in the evenings and met our fellow travelers. There are lots of brochures so you can plan your activities.

The Ardconnel is conveniently located on a quiet street just up the stairs from downtown and the train station. The stores close at half past 5pm so shop early. Try the mussels at the Redcliffe Restaurant. They were excellent. Also take the Jacobite tour and look for Nessie on the cruise or from Urquhart Castle!

John and Elizabeth make you feel like your a special guest in their home. Thank you for a wonderful time!

Friendly, cozy, and convenient

by TripAdvisor Member jtgonzo

We stayed for 3 nights and loved it. John and Elizabeth were fantastic hosts and went out of their way to make us comfortable. Our room was very comfortable and just across the hall from a cozy sitting room on the second floor. The breakfasts were delicious. It's on a quiet street just a short walk to the train and bus station if you don't have a car (we didn't), as well as to good restaurants or to just stroll along the river. If we get up to Inverness again, this is where we'll stay.

Love to come back

by TripAdvisor Member Daisy024

After a not so great stay in Edinburgh it was a pleasure to stay at the Ardconnel. John and Elizabeth were very helpful, the room (including teddy bear) was lovely and comfortable, the delicious breakfast set us up for the day. As we were leaving early on our last day Elizabeth packed us a 'picnic breakfast' for our train journey. Rolls, brioche with homemade jam, fruit, pastries, juice and water. Other guesthouses should take note.

Simply wonderful

by TripAdvisor Member snifferdog

If you're looking for somewhere nice to stay in Inverness, I heartily recommend Ardconnel House. The room we stayed in was immaculately clean, cosy and had comfy beds. Breakfast was very tasty indeed - a fruit salad to die for, a scrummy full Scottish breakfast and even Vegemite. If I ever go to Inverness again, I'll be definitely hoping they've got room free.

Great Stay at the Ardconnel House!

by TripAdvisor Member Gr82Go

This was just the best time! Our hosts, John and Elizabeth, are simply the nicest, warmest people -- and really went out of their way to make sure we had a lovely vacation. The rooms were so clean, I'm surprised they didn't glow. Breakfast was a treat every morning -- Elizabeth usually baked some goodies the night before, and John made sure there was freshly baked bread. Porridge was very tasty (a lot creamier and smoother than our oatmeal) and the coffee was just delightful. We stayed here for our entire 9-day stay and took day trips to other destinations. Elizabeth and John assisted with helpful tips for the best routes, suggestions for interesting places to see that we didn't know about, and generally gave us a helping hand to ensure that we had an excellent vacation. Hopefully we will get to go back someday, and sooner rather than later!

Ardconnell House: Cozy, Comfortable, Charming

by TripAdvisor Member Kace28

I spent a week at Ardconnell House in April two years ago, and then four days last month. Both stays were highlights of my travels in Scotland--which were very highly lit in general. John and Liz are warm, congenial hosts, the rooms are beautiful, location is convenient and the price is right. Liz is justly famous for her baked goods, she and John and Shadow the Wonderdog make a weary traveler feel at home.
I would highly recommend Ardconnel House to anyone traveling through Inverness, or as a base for exploring the Highlands. Lots of cool places like Smoo Cave, Findhorn, Loch Ness, and various cairns, brochs, and stone circles are easy day trips and gorgeous scenic drives.

Lovely B&B, Ardconnel House

by TripAdvisor Member MimosaE

I stayed in Ardconnel House B&B when I was travelling around U.K. I found Ardconnel House in a guide book and it said that it is a great place to stay.
It's located on the hill which is quite near to the railstation and the river ness.
While I was staying there, I had a great time. The lobby, dining room, living room and bedroom were perfectly clean and decorated beautifully.
My bedroom had a private bathroom that included a bathtab, and it was so lovely and spatious. It was much much more gorgeous than the hotels I'd ever been.
And the bedroom was lovely as well. The desk was very convenient to write my travelling diary.
Many choices of breakfast also pleased me. There were many kinds of fruit and homemade sweets, and haggis were tasty. So while I was there, breakfast was one of the greatest things on a day.
Then, as John and Elizabeth were so friendly and helpful to offer information around Inverness, I didn't miss the buses to nearby sightseeing places.
They also gave me a map of Inverness, that helped me a lot.
I couldn't have found a beautiful path along the river ness without John's tip.
It lived up to my expectation and you'd have lots of fun and relaxed time there.

Good location & value for money

by TripAdvisor Member scScotland

Overall a good stay. Rooms are clean, with everything you need if a little dated in decor. Breakfast was excellent with really good selection.

Comments