Polmaily House Hotel

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

Good For No Data
  • Terrible customer service

WOULD NOT RECOMMEND!!!!!
    Last year my boyfriend and I bought a voucher for 2 nights at the Polmaily House Hotel. We were greatly looking forward to it and had made all of our preparations and travel arrangements, when unfortunately I became very unwell and was hospitalised for several days, meaning that we had to cancel our booking last minute.
    After trying for a long time to get hold of the right person, we were finally promised a full refund (as we had paid for it already) and we were of course happy to provide medical documents as evidence of my stay in hospital.
    However, after months of trying to pursue this, we have received no reply to our emails, voice messages, and messages left at reception.
    This has left us with an incredibly bad impression of the hotel - unsympathetic and rude. We were very upset by their behaviour - to say one thing when I was in hospital, but to then insult us by not fulfiling their promises.

More about Loch Ness

FinnFinn

Grand ChildrenGrand Children

Grand ChildrenGrand Children

Lorna and GrantLorna and Grant

School Trip

by Carolita71

How long does it take from Edinburgh to Loch Ness? The boys and I will be travelling by a hired coach. Thanks!

Re: School Trip

by globetrott

Hi !

I hope you will NOT go direct way without stop-overs...??
On your way will be CULROSS
They have a parking also for buses and walking through town will be done within 30 minutes.
Have a look in one of my travelogues :

Going direct will be about 3 hours maybe, but I have to admitt, I made so many stop-overs that I am not sure...

Re: School Trip

by jamesfmunro

That's a journey of about 270km, some of it on the fast and occasionally rather busy A9. I think you're probably looking at 4 hours or so.

Travel Tips for Loch Ness

Visit the Loch Ness Monster Museum!

by saraheg77

As we were driving around Loch Ness, we found this little museum that had a statue of Nessie out front. Be sure and take a picture posing with Nessie! The museum didn't have a ton of information, but it was interesting to learn a few things and read the history of sightings of the loch ness monster =) The gift shop was more fun than the museum, though... it was pretty large and had lots of nice items to browse through and pick up a souvenir!

Nessie and the research guy...

by europebn

We weren't there long, and Nessie didn't come pay us a visit, unfortunately. There is also this guy, I forget his name, who has his own research center in order to locate Nessie. I think he's been there for years.

In search of Nessie

by hslowe

Our Haggis guide made us line up along the shore of the loch and perform a hilarious "Nessie-calling" dance. This dance had eight elements and it took him a while to teach it to us since we were all laughing so hard. Basically it consisted of a squat, thrust, sigh, thigh slap, chanting “come Nessie, come Nessie,” while making a grabbing and drawing inward motion, then crooking one hand into the curved shape of the Nessie head and poking/bobbing it along, and finally a big jump and a splash while yelling, “NESSIE!”

All of us were in hysterics by the time our ritual was complete, but no Nessie appeared. Locals having drinks at an outdoor pub overlooking our spot looked at us askance, but they probably see this sort of thing all the time.

Nessie the Monster

by daarth

In case you hadn't heard, there is supposed to be a monster in Loch Ness...

Lots and lots of tourists actually believe this and come to see it for themselves. This is in spite the fact that none of them actually ever see anything!

A few do clame to have seen this phenomenon in spite of the statistics that say no sightings have taken place. (There is a contradiction in there). I hear most sightings are late in the evening. I don’t know why this is, but it is easy to remember, as it is coincidently about the same time as the Pubs close.

The green stuff on my picture is just a little smudge that I couldn't rub away, sorry.....

Armed and ready

by daarth

I refuse to believe in this monster. And just to explain this picture, I am not spotting for the monster at all. You see I spotted some interesting tourists on shore and felt the need to document this...

Besides, there is only one lake monster. That monster lives in the Seljordsvannet in Norway! The Scottish are only trying to steal the tourists from us!

Comments