Pier Hotel

Portree Harbour, Portree, IV51 9DE, United Kingdom

• Portrees worst hotel

In April 2011 I booked a 2 night stay at the Peir Hotel Portree 8th and 9th September 2011.I advised the owner of which room I wanted. This was agreed. In May I phoned the hotel and confirmed the booking and added a third night.
    On my arrival I discovered that the hotellier had doubled booked! he offered me a room in the so called annex! this was a ground floor room in another building adjacent to the local chippy. The room smelt of damp, patrons of the chippy used the window sill to rest against when eating, the curtains would have to remain shut all day for privacy! Had we taken the room it would have meant a rain drenched trek to the resturant for breakfast each morning! I advised the hotelier of my dis-satisfaction of having provided 5 months notice we were to get the "spare" room! to which shockingly he replied, " Take it or leave it, Im not bothered" Obviously we dint take it and went else where. This hotel does not believe in giving customer service and keeping its paying guests happy! Never again. I have reported him to both the council and the Scottish tourist board. Avoid like the plague!

Directions: On the Quayside