Old Inn Hotel

Gairloch, Ullapool, IV21 2BD, United Kingdom

More about Ullapool

The Pipe BandThe Pipe Band

Almost a white outAlmost a white out

Disappearing UllapoolDisappearing Ullapool

Looking up to the northLooking up to the north

journey from Ullapool to Skye

by L79

How do you travel from Skye to Ullapool without car or coach?

by Adelle123

Easiest/cheapest option: Take the citylink bus via inverness to Kyleakin www.citylink.co.uk

Most scenic option (and my favourite): Try taking some local busses along the coast via Gailoch, they are infrequent and you will likely end up hitching parts (which is easy up here) http://www.celticfringe.org.uk/postbus.htm

By train: Take the citylink bus (See above) to Garve junction, then take the train to Kyle of Lochalsh.

Most interesting (but expensive) option: Take the ferry to Stornoway on Lewis, then the bus to Tarbert, then another ferry to Uig on Skye. www.calmac.co.uk http://www.cne-siar.gov.uk/travel/sum2005/indexlh.htm

I hope this helps!

by Adelle123

Sorry, all the obove answers were from Ullapool to Skye, just reverse the order to go the other way!

by Speysider

You don't! :(
I'm not trying to come across funny here but are you asking if there is another form of transport between Skye & Ullapool if you don't have your own car or car rental and you don't want to use public bus service? e.g. train! the answer is still no! there is no railway line to Ullapool. I would be a very long hike indeed! There is no dierect ferry route either between Skye & Ullapool however you could I suppose take the ferry from Uig to Tarbert on Harris then get to Stornoway? somehow and then take the ferry to Ullapool ! along way round I know but would make for an interesting journey!
Sorry I can't be more helpful

by Adelle123

Ah I see, i understood coach as like organised tours with lots of grey haired people on board.
If you wont take the bus, you'll need to get the thumb out and start making friends :)

Travel Tips for Ullapool

Charming Ullapool

by F.Lade

So if you ever travel the North West coast of Scotland , consider Ullapool . The town is small but very charming . Book in to a hotel , spend some time in the local pub and enjoy the relaxed athmosphere.

Strathnaver

by keeweechic

I couldn’t beat the description that I read about Strathnaver. “The valley of Strathnaver is a green fold of earth, the richest in that part of the country, a narrow twisting glen down which the black water of the River Naver runs from south to north, from the loch of its name to the Atlantic Ocean”.

Take the A835 north, A837 then A836 From Ullapool.

The ruggedness

by keeweechic

The ruggedness and yet the beauty of the Highlands. You could drive for miles and see these sheer mountains, desolate areas where there was the odd home sitting way off in the distance. I can only imagine that in winter these people are cut off for months. An eerie and desolate place (not unlike the southern part of the South Island of NZ) and yet so beautiful.

The Seaforth Staff... most embarrasing moments

by Bushman23

"All my favourite people!"

I'm probably going to get killed for putting these photo's on the net, so i'll say now that its been great knowing you all! Come to my funeral! :-)
This Lovely lass is Julie... my manager... Love ya! :-D

And this is Michaela, from Slovakia... my superviser... hehe...

Just to try appease Misa (very tempermental) :-)

Next in line is Elena, with Karel in the background... What has she been drinking!? Thats our selection of Whiskies in the background...

Ah, poor Jano... after a loooong night... bet you he woke up with a sore neck :-)

This is Alan, our bouncer... suggesting to Tracey (a supervisor) that its time to leave... Hehehehehe...

Meet Danny, from Australia... one of our best chefs, goes funny all over in the presence of pretty ladies...

And i guess if i'm gonna embarass the people i work with (i do love you all, promise :-), i guess i gotta do it to myself too... This was last year, after a quiet night out on the town...

Comments